QB light for 48"x24"x60" tent

Hi, i have a 24x48x72 cabinet that i started out using chinese blurple lights in...then switched to a 315 LEC which is a bad ass light...BUT it gets super hot in there. I have to crank my exhaust fan full blast, keep the plants min 24" under AND pull in AC to stay under 100°.
So, i ordered an HLG 100 QB light $150 from home depot. Should be here monday.
This light should cover 2x2, pull 100 watts from the wall, and run way way cooler. Since I only have one plant in bloom at the moment my plan is to start with one light and if I'm happy with it add another in time for additional bloom plants.
Meanwhile if I cant order another in time for more plants I'll put some t5's on one side so at least the newly flipped plants can transition to bloom and then move under the stronger light when it's time to pack on weight.

Will keep you posted on the new light.

What's the optimal qb light for that size of a tent? Would one two panel 250 watt be good or should it be the three panel 320W?

More is better

I have a 300w ish, 4 board QB I use in my 2x4 for flower

I am using a 260w, 2 board, QB in veg
My 2bd is adjustable, 2 separate hanging bds..works fantastic

For a solid frame light, I'd go 3 bds

More is better

I would use " HLG 320 watt XL QB LED Kit" in that space. You can always dim them, Like Chris said "more is better".

I am putting three of the HLG 260 watt QB kits in my new grow area which is 5.5' x 3'.

Here is our 350w kit. It is new. We also offer the 250w kit with the XL heatsink option.

Back
Top Bottom