Question: Rainforest aeroponics

number1

I was thinking of doing a DWC grow for a lowryder SOG but now ive seen the Rainforest grow box. My question is how do you build one? is the following right:-

container
air pump, air stones
fogger
nutes
nets
clay pebbles
and not forgetin LR seeds

The reason im thinkin of using the rainforest is my grow room isnt tall enought for a big hydro setup
thanks

I do not know what a rain forest grow box is at all and couldnt find one on the net either. However if u are talking about the Rainforest 66 or similiar aeroponic unit I own one and can tell u are pretty great. It's like a DWC/Aero hybrid and the unit that spins in the middle and causes the aero effect is a Vortex unit that spins and throws water around skipping it off of the water level and creating a mist while putting oxygen in it. This is like 110$ to replace alone hehe, but it's a good system.

I do not know what a rain forest grow box is at all and couldnt find one on the net either. However if u are talking about the Rainforest 66 or similiar aeroponic unit I own one and can tell u are pretty great. It's like a DWC/Aero hybrid and the unit that spins in the middle and causes the aero effect is a Vortex unit that spins and throws water around skipping it off of the water level and creating a mist while putting oxygen in it. This is like 110$ to replace alone hehe, but it's a good system.

I'm thinking about getting a Rainforest 66 myself. It looks like you could grow 3 nice-sized plants at a time with it, using only half the cups. I'd be using a single 400W light (switching bulbs at flowering time) and it looks like that might work OK.

Do you think it'd make sense to pay more and get one of these than to get the same size drip system? I'd be taking them from seed to harvest in the same cups.

Well I am waiting on seeds but have a rainforest 66. I am a big fan of aeroponics and am going to grow 6 , allowed 7 legal. I think this sytems severs its point with cloning and mulitple slot changes. since I am going to shoot for 6 it only leaves me with 3 ga a plant so theres going to be a grip of monitoring. Stix has a nice grow journal with 6 in and the drip system. It may leave more room for roots, i dont know. The pump is small. 1 thing for sure is I am not of fan of how to change the nutes, would much rather have a seperate res.i will let you know soon as i get started with it. gl

Well I am waiting on seeds but have a rainforest 66. I am a big fan of aeroponics and am going to grow 6 , allowed 7 legal. I think this sytems severs its point with cloning and mulitple slot changes. since I am going to shoot for 6 it only leaves me with 3 ga a plant so theres going to be a grip of monitoring. Stix has a nice grow journal with 6 in and the drip system. It may leave more room for roots, i dont know. The pump is small. 1 thing for sure is I am not of fan of how to change the nutes, would much rather have a seperate res.i will let you know soon as i get started with it. gl

Thanks for the reply. I've decided to get an Aeroflo2 18 instead of the RF 66. I want to add a second light later, and try ScrOG, so it just makes more sense, layout-wise. I did read through a grow journal of someone who used a RF 66, and the growth was scary - big and fast. He only used 3 slots and it was pretty crowded after a while. I'd say get ready to hang on tight. And GL on the grow.

did u end up gettng the rainforest 66 or as i seen in ur sig the 318 ? pros and cons ? looking into ordering one myself . diddnt relaize when hte thread was from lol .

I got the 318. My thread on the first (and a bit of the second) grow is linked in my sig. (Below)

They'll grow fast in the RainForest, and I learned the hard way not to just let them keep going up. The only downside I remember is that it's a little annoying draining the reservoir to change it out, but I got fairly good at it using a shop vac with a filter over the intake hose.

Also you can change out the grow sections easily if you don't mind buying new parts. I could, for example, buy the one-pot sections to replace the 3-pot sections that the 318 has, and make it a 66. I'd recommend the 318 though, since you'll only be using one pot per section (because that's about all the plants you can get in that small a space if you're taking them to harvest), the 318 gives you pot locations closer to the outside edge of the top, allowing you more space between plants. The 66 puts the pot in the middle, making the 6 plants closer together. The 3-inch netpots are big enough to grow 6-foot plants with 1 1/2 inch-diameter stems (as I found out).

Back
Top Bottom