Question time, first time grower

dakotamoon

Attach filesI have Afghani Kush, White Kush, and Hash Plant in the veg state - my AFKush is the most mature! (see pix)

The oldest plant AFKush is exactly 54 days old - or 7 weeks.

The seed package for the AFKush says 8 weeks to harvest, my plants as mentioned is still in the veg state.

I see many sites that tell me the flowering stage is the most difficult, and may take as long as 8 weeks, so if I add the 7 weeks so far and the 8 weeks of flowering, that means the harvest - if I went to flowering right now would still take another 2 months.

(I have 2 of my veg plants in 10 gallon pots and plan to keep them in veg for awhile yet. But I had planned on a harvest this year, the info I've dug up shows that my harvest won't be till next year, which is almost 5 months is this normal?)

So is that 8 weeks to harvest on the seed package disingenuous, or BS?

Or have I missed something completely?

Thanks

Attachments

• The Girls October 09.JPG
    The Girls October 09.JPG
    724.5 KB · Views: 82
  • AFKush October 09.JPG
    AFKush October 09.JPG
    604.3 KB · Views: 91
  • AFKush October 09 #1.JPG
    AFKush October 09 #1.JPG
    726.2 KB · Views: 86
When they say 8 weeks until harvest their meaning it's a 8 week flowering strain so from the time they go into flower until time of harvest is approx 8 weeks. You can choose to veg as long as you would like but it will still take 2months of bloom before you will have a harvest. I believe you thought you had an auto.

What he said...lol

Autos are from seed when they say harvest time, photo is from switch to flower or 12/12

And remember those 8weeks are fictional...lol, keep that in mind

Thanks guys, I can see I have to change my whole operation now, Duh! I need a 2nd small tent just for vegging, that is the only sane way out of my predicament! Do you think I could get away without a filter in the veg tent?

I run a 6" fan in my big tent that sucks hot air out my small tent
Works pretty good for me

Yup, ya learn....read read read, then read more

If you want faster harvests, but smaller yields, look into auto strains

Also 4-6 weeks veg can help as well

Like Chris said read as much as you can then read some more. I started out like you with 1 tent. Now I have that tent plus the walk in closet in my bedroom I converted for veg, and now I'm wanting to get another tent. Talk about an addiction at least it's one the wife is ok with to an extent.

Like Chris said read as much as you can then read some more. I started out like you with 1 tent. Now I have that tent plus the walk in closet in my bedroom I converted for veg, and now I'm wanting to get another tent. Talk about an addiction at least it's one the wife is ok with to an extent.
Was just going to ask, wife and Closet.. :laugh::rofl:

Since this is my first time, I'm going to try an experiment: I have one AFKush which I can put into bloom now, by reducing light cycle hours, and Bloom nutes. At the same time I have the 2 other plants in the Veg state, so with a full spectrum cob led light - if I still give the smaller plants Veg nutes, then "theoretically - the plants in veg will still veg though not as strong as they would with a 16/8 lighting cycle. Then when the AFKush has bloomed, then I can put the Hash Plant, and White Kush through the bloom stage. I'll let you know how that works out. I also have additional MH lighting, and CFL for vegg fill.

Couple questions to help. Are you placing these plants in separate locations? Because if not this plan won't work. What induces flowering is 12 hrs and more in total darkness not the nutes you give the plants.

okay You're right, although I have heard podcasts about people taking small plants, forcing them to bloom - and then just taking the small buds off, and returning the plant to veg state after the bloom - and it apparently goes back into veg. Or I can start to modify a closet for vegging. Thanks all for your help. I've only grown vegetables in my life, and never had to force blooming of anything.

Back
Top Bottom