Question to SCROG'ERS

chicen wire can be kind of sharp, almost like piano wire. so if you use it becarefull you dont cut your stems. I geuss its what kind of wire you bought to and maybe its not what I see in my head

I would recommend that you have at least 2" x 2" openings or larger, makes much easier for pulling the plants through. I found this stuff used for concrete walls that comes in 4' x 8' sheets that I used, it costs about 9$ per sheet, it comes with cardboard mounted to it that you have to rip off, but worked for me, the hole sizes are 2" x 3". I don't know the official construction term for this stuff but it is a wire mesh with a paper covering used for concrete walls...

here is the link to my project.
Built a nice "u" or 'v" shaped SCROG screen for 16$

OK, I tossed the chicken wire, and replaces with some wire 'shelves': 2x2.....these plants were some mothers I had recently topped/wacked....thanks
SCROG_22.jpg
SCROG_11.jpg

The trick with scrog is every time you see a branch go about 2" vertical, pull it under the screen and make it horizontal. This movement from vertical to horizontal (mainly the tip) is what causes the secondary branching :)

Looks nice..!

Icemud...I've been reading your' posts, and vids...and when the buds appear? They will come up thru the grid?
Thanks

Yeah you want to pretty much have most of your screen filled before you flip...I would say at least 3/4 and your good to go, the plants will stretch upword and within a week to week and a half you will have some nice buds forming everywhere.. Just don't overcrowd your screen and if it gets too dense, then light to medium defoliation is good after the stretch is finished :)

Back
Top Bottom