Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

NOW. Maybe I won't go nowhere. I haven't decided yet. I tried a new thread and got my ass handed to me LOL.

I know 2 things. One my tents have not even been down for 24 hrs and I am already missing them. My problem is the time I spend with my plants is different than the time I spend on the internet. I am going to seriously miss growing.

2 was just proved to me. To much stuff has been spread around for me not to have a place to see what is going on. Thanks Ganjagrowergu for the updates.
I do know that trying to replace something you enjoy so much is not going to be easy.

Another thing I noticed out there in the real world 420 mag. Lots of people I may or may not have the patience for. I don't do well with "know it alls" and trolls. Funny how you only find them on the internet LMAO.

So many people out there think their opinion is a answer. Opinions and answers are totally different. Way to many people think their opinion matters. Yes everyone gets a opinion . People forget to tell you that you are probably the only one that opinion matters too. Marijuana is way to divers of a plant for anyone's opinion to be law.

I guess I can explain things a little better if I try. I use internet off of hotspot from my phone. It works best early in the morning. I am up hour before the sun might as well do something LOL. It slows way down after more people are awake. More people using phones and the net slows things down so I don't go back online after my morning coffee. This was different when I had a internet provider and I could be online anytime of the day. I can't afford to pay for internet twice. Might as well use the phone option only. So that explains the one time a day I spend here.

I have a job that allows me occasional free time through out the day. That's how I spend my time on the internet. As far as growing I've been running on and off for five years or so. When my garden is down I find myself missing it. But I only grow for myself so I can get too much stocked up. I gift a lot to friends and family. I originally started growing because erbs for sale around here are low quality. I thought it was time to do it myself. Lol

True. I am just a trying to fix something that can't be fixed. Nothing replaces growing. Plus I rushed into things. That never works for the best in most cases.

What really Sucks is I now find myself with the time to do all the things I missed out on. Only problem is the plants are all gone and I never got a chance to photograph them.

Now smoking I can do. ALL of the test buds so far have impressed me. What this crop lacked in quanity it made up for in quality. The Snowdags I thought were a wash ended up kick ass. Can't beat that. Lots of the testing is still to come. Thing is what is left to try I have a lot of confidence in. Gorilla Zkittlez seems to be one of the best feminized hybrids I have run across. I will have to update that one soon.

So many people out there think their opinion is a answer. Opinions and answers are totally different. Way to many people think their opinion matters. Yes everyone gets a opinion . People forget to tell you that you are probably the only one that opinion matters too. Marijuana is way to divers of a plant for anyone's opinion to be law.
I think the most hostile place on 420 is the lighting section. It's like talking to a brick wall, lol. I asked about alternatives to $40 led chips and got told the answers to all of my problems are $40 led chips and I should be able to put something together for only $400. I had to go offsite to do the research. Turns out the answer is $8 led chips, some ingenuity, and a little extra soldering.

As far as growing advice goes, I try not to ask for much. I still get offered plenty, of which I take what I need and let the rest go. I simply cannot manage to follow anyone's instructions, lol. Pretty sure I am the only guy around here growing in coffee can hempys full of lava rocks, nobody told me to do that. Advice cannot replace experience.

Thought for the day. FISHING. After 2 days of hell from a scratched eyeball I woke with basically clear vision and no pain. I learned 2 major things. First and foremost you can't roll what you can't see. Also if you do manage to get a joint rolled. You cannot light that joint with no depth perception. All this weed and no way to smoke it. All my e-oil is sativa..... Anyone on that has ever had a eye injury knows of Eyeball Opium. That shit is amazing. It only lasts for about 1 hour but that 1 hour is bliss. Managed to get the cats fed joints rolled and smoked. Then back to misery for the rest of the night. To early to check plants so they had to go a whole 24 hours without care. 3 were wilted but will be fine. It just goes to show how much they depend on us.
Jackalope I have an eye problem. Is there another name for "Eyeball Opium"? Also I light joints at a distance from my good eye not in my mouth. The rolling as you suggest is problematic compounded by old-timer issues.

I think the most hostile place on 420 is the lighting section. It's like talking to a brick wall, lol. I asked about alternatives to $40 led chips and got told the answers to all of my problems are $40 led chips and I should be able to put something together for only $400. I had to go offsite to do the research. Turns out the answer is $8 led chips, some ingenuity, and a little extra soldering.

As far as growing advice goes, I try not to ask for much. I still get offered plenty, of which I take what I need and let the rest go. I simply cannot manage to follow anyone's instructions, lol. Pretty sure I am the only guy around here growing in coffee can hempys full of lava rocks, nobody told me to do that. Advice cannot replace experience.

I am much better at giving suggestions then I am at taking them.... Good advice is for others I can hang on my own LMAO.

Jackalope I have an eye problem. Is there another name for "Eyeball Opium"? Also I light joints at a distance from my good eye not in my mouth. The rolling as you suggest is problematic compounded by old-timer issues.

What I was referring to is a novocaine like product that dulls the nerves in your eye. Iritasion pain goes away instantly. While it is great. It also softens the lens of the eye so it can't be used regularly.

I did manage to get a rolling machine with a rolling paper order. That thing could come in handy someday. If I learn how to operate it before I'm blinded again lol. My eye is all better now so of course I don't think of such things LMAO.

Well I made it through a whole day with no live plants. Whew that was tough. It seems to be getting easier by the minute. Speaking of. Since it is snowing and cold I can't work in the yard. Might as well fish LMAO. Or at least drive over to see how much snow is on the boat ramp.

Within that thought I found happiness. It is going to be fun to be able to go where and when I want this fishing season not having to worry about plants.

I have also decided to KEEP this thread. Still plenty of Random crap in this mind. I sure I will find ways to keep you all amused. All else fails I can use this thread to make fun and laugh at others ;)

I have did it a few times in different situations. Early like you and later at times. I have even up-potted a plant from 2 to 3 gallon once. Do it works. You have to be really careful sometimes when the roots don't have a good hold on all the soil. Thing is. It had never not worked. No plants have died because of it and all seem to have did better. Lots of times you will find the issue when you repot. I have found dry spots among other things.

The way I have been doing things these days I am trying to get plants in bigger pots earlier. I have run into the loose soil thing a few times and have never lost a start because of it.

Lots of times I have start's that don't like the MG or FF soil with nutrients. Not sure what soil you run. These will have a few problems but end up coming around. It is kind of a strain thing for the most part. It seems to me that indicas are a little more susceptible to it.

I got the vacuum pump working up to the pressures I need it at for purging. What a pain in the ass. Enough oil to build pressure right and it wants to splatter out. I am going to have to build some kind of splash guard for it. All it needs is a breather hole I should be able to rig up a screen cover of some kind.

It did purge my shatter nice once it got going. I hated making butter out of it before. I used multiple strains when I made it. Whipping up different strains made it tougher to start sticking together. It was always a little sticky in the end and hard to handle at room temperatures. Keeping it in the fridge helped make it workable. Now I can pick it up at room temperature. It even broke apart at one point. Ie: Shattered.

First batch was a mix 1/3 each of C-99, Tangilope, Cannalope Haze my 3 best sativas. They are all good but slightly different. Hoping it makes a more rounded sativa high. I know a half a joint each of C-99 and Tangilope is the perfect fishing buzz. I am trying to capture that great high.

Well I am starting to get a pretty good idea of what I ended up with. I did get 2 ounces more than last time so they were slightly bigger. 1/4 ounce per plant doesn't sound like much. It is good enough when you consider I really didn't change much. I'm good with small gains for now. Here are a few things I learned.

Cinderella 99 has a flower time of 45 to 65 days. This last grow I tried to take them to amber for a even stronger high. It didn't work. It did get bigger and produced more but only a little. What it lost wasn't worth the extra weight. There was a intenseness the early harvest stuff had that you lose when you take it later in flower. I now have found the C-99 that all the dispensaries had. It looks like there is a pheno that is a bit bigger than the others. I'm not sure if it is those or the fact that they were taken later in flower. It is the same crap I always got before. It just seems average. The plants I took early have the same crispness as before. Lesson learned. Take Cinderella early.

I have always mentioned. It doesn't matter how high the THC is if it has a shitty high. We I got one. Alpha Dawg is frosty as hell and as strong or stronger than anything this grow. I can live with the fact that it was the lightest of all the plants. Glad I didn't try and regenerate it. The high sucks. For enjoyment I should say. It will put you the F**k out though. Feels like someone puts a weight on your head. The opposite of what I like even from a indica. It is like a body high for the brain. I am sure others would love this. For me it is boring and I will just use this stuff for sleep.

Gorilla Zkittlez is by far the best new hybrid I have grown for a while. I found the intense Gorilla Glue high with great flavor and a nice indica finish. Perfect for afternoons and evenings. Lots of times you might find one great one. All 3 of these plants were equally as good. Production was the only difference. There is no comparison between the Glueberry and the Gorilla Zkittlez. G.G. comes through on both hybrids. GZ is the one that retained the most. Glad I saved a couple it is going to be worth selfing.

Can't get the picture to go through the computer to here LOL. Been fishing the last few days. Caught a few nice brook trout. I even had a great picture of the biggest with with a 20 oz water bottle for reference. Fishing is pretty much going to be the plan for the day or should I say summer?

I will try and keep things interesting here for the meantime. Lots of things will still be going on. Of course there will be a lot of random crap from my mind. Not growing gives me a chance to sit back and think about growing. Sometimes a good thing sometimes a bad thing. I mention this because mostly I think of breeding lol.

New thoughts are on Tangy. A great and powerful strain. Thing is I hate the flavor. Tangilope flavor is better and this strain is damn near as strong. So the flavor can be changed for the better. If that is the case then why not use the strain everyone uses for flavor. Blueberry! I have regular genetics from both strains so I can go both ways with a hybrid.

I am looking for stronger THC in lots of case's. I don't know for sure what the Blueberry will bring that to the table. Still it is not like Blueberry is weak. Tangy has plenty of trichomes and THC to go around so a hybrid should come out decent at least. It is just what would happen if you crossed them that I can't get away from.

Input is what I am looking for here! Really curious what you guys think of a hybrid like this.

Tangie x blueberry could be a great cross IMO. Both solid strains. Tangie seems more consistent than blueberry as far as strength and terps. Seems blueberry is widely variegated from breeder to breeder. I think it would be good to pheno hunt for the right blueberry to use and hit it with the tangie pollen. Mainly because most of today's blueberry really doesn't have the true blueberry terps

Back
Top Bottom