RastamanJames Soil Purple Wreck Choc Chunk

RastamanJames

Brief overview so far. All of my plants from my first grow ended up being males so i am going for round two. I started germinating 2 days ago and have 7 popped and potted today. Will wait a few more days to see if any more come up but i am pretty happy with 7 potential females. On to the journal.
I friend gave me some seeds about a month ago. He tells me that one bunch is purple wreck and that the other is chocolate chunk. I am not 100% sure if they are what he says they are but will be excited if they are.
The Purple Wreck is 60% indica 40% Sativa
The Chocolate Chunk is Indica
I just put them under my light today.
I have them in a wardrobe same as last time, but if i run out of room i have located a nice hill facing the afternoon sun on the 18 acres of woods behind my house
For my soil i am using some potting soil i got from the store and am mixing that with some of the compost from my back yard
600W HPS going to try and get some cfls in there to get more of blue spectrum as well
Temp of wardrobe right now is 74
Room Humidity 30%
PH of media is 6.5 ish
no pests as of now
watering when the first couple inches of soil have dried up
Right now they are in small pots but i have 5 gallon buckets on standby for when they need transplanted.
I have a couple pics of the seeds in the paper towels. Interesting I know...
Going to take some pics of the 7 that got potted today, and in a few days i will take pics when they start to sprout and post them.
Peace and Love to everyone
RastamanJames :Rasta:

So far things are going pretty good. Still only have 7 of them that germinated but thats ok. So far all 7 of them are barely visible above the soil. Happy that all that germinated have popped up. Going to take pics later and post them so everybody can see. Still not much to post about as they are still very young but I will post pics as soon as i get back from college. peace everyone
RastamanJames :Rasta:

Going to be posting pics later today hopefully i can get them up before i have to go to my other class tonight but if not they will be up after 9

I would just like to make a comment regarding your soil mix. It just caught my eye that you said you're using compost from your backyard. Compost is a great thing but you should be careful when using compost from your backyard. There are fungi that break down dead tissues that live in compost. When they are outside, they will just go from one decomposing piece of plant tissue to the next. When you bring it inside and into a pot, it will, at some point, run out of things to munch on. Some of these fungi might attack living tissue if faced with the prospect of starvation. I would suggest sterilizing compost that you use out of your backyard pile.

sorry i didnt get the pics up last night had some shit to do they will be up today. Not really missing much they are 2 days or so above soil so they are still pretty small. I will definitely get some pics up before they start to get too big and things get exciting. More than likely will have them up today since i have no college or anything else to do for the next few days. May wait and update it till Thursday though since i am going to be gone during the weekend and wont be able to update then

Well since my last crop turned out to be all males. (3 out of 3) I am going for all ladies this time. I plan on taking cuttings from all the plants and flowering out the clones. I will then pull all of the mothers that turned out to be fathers. Hopefully i will get 2 or 3 purple wreck females and hoping to get at least 1 choc chunk female. Not as concerned about it but it would be nice to have a little variety at least.

OK as promised its time for a picture update.
These first 5 are the purple wreck 5/5 germed and popped
IMG_5338.JPG

These last 2 are the chocolate chunk 2/3 germed and popped
IMG_5339.JPG

will update with more as soon as you can see some more growth
room temp is staying at about 75-85F and RH is steady at 35%

They're looking good. How long do you plan on vegging them? I'm wondering why you are wanting to sex the clones and not the plants themselves by putting them in 12/12. I ask this because it takes a while for the clones to root and then it would take some time for them to show sex.

What I did myself is just took some clones and flipped the lights on the big plants to 12/12. Mind you that my plants showed sex before flipping them but I would have done it this way either way. If they wouldn't have shown sex in veg I would have just removed the males as I discovered them. So now I'll just flower these girls, veg the clones after they root and then keep a couple of the best clones for mothers. The rest of the clones I will just put into flower as soon as the current crop is finished.
Just my way of doing things.

Good idea I think that I will stick to that. Sounds like it would keep things a little less crowded and a bit simpler. That shouldnt be much of a problem to do. I could put the clones in the greenhouse if it starts warming up around here soon. I shouldnt have much of a problem as it will be about another month or so before i am able to take the clones.
RastamanJames :ganjamon:

The plants are doing pretty well. They have gotten a bit bigger but not a whole lot. The temps are staying right around 82. Would like it a little lower but at least its not up into the 90s. Will probably post another picture update sometime this weekend. Going to my mothers Friday dont suppose i will be able to update Saturday its my roommates birthday and we plant to trip. More than likely Sunday will be the update unless i get to it early Saturday night

Good idea I think that I will stick to that. Sounds like it would keep things a little less crowded and a bit simpler. That shouldnt be much of a problem to do. I could put the clones in the greenhouse if it starts warming up around here soon. I shouldnt have much of a problem as it will be about another month or so before i am able to take the clones.

Just remember that if you put the clones in the greenhouse, that you will need to bring them inside when it gets dark. They need 18 hours of light to prevent them from going into flower mode. :goodluck:

Just got back from my mothers house last night the plants have grown a good bit since i last saw them. Unfortunately the cat got a hold of one of the purple wreck ones. Its ok i have 4 purple wreck left and 2 chocolate chunk. I am going to take some pictures later and will post when i finally get moving for the day

The plants are still doing great sorry i havent updated much lately but i have been really busy with college it is finals week and i have some projects to do and a lot of studying to keep up on the plants are growing pretty quickly. There are 3-4 nodes on most of the plants right now. I currently do not have a camera but will post pics as soon as possible.

Hi Rastamanjames

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom