Ready to harvest

Mattjones1234

I am just about to chop my plant and in the last week i have noticed that there are deposits of white what look like crystals on the plant. Is this common with plants or has something gone wrong?

All advice welcome.

Northern auto
Outdoor grow (uk summer lighting)

20210711_141540.jpg

Yup, WPM, White powdery mildew

Hey Matt - those spots are mildew which you must get rid of
Spraying with H2O2 will do the job
They don't look ready to harvest to me
Thank you I was worried you might say that!! I will spray them. I was hoping they were not tho as they are very resinous and sticky when touched. Are you 100% I am on my first grow.

You will want to spray whole plant and any neighboring plants; even if they are not showing any powdery mildew. PM spreads quickly to surrounding plants. You can do it!!! Good luck!

Thanks everyone really annoying but great to be able to chat with people who have experience. One final question, how often should I add the solution once a day or every 3rd day until it's gone etc. Please let me know what you think is best.

Thanks everyone really annoying but great to be able to chat with people who have experience. One final question, how often should I add the solution once a day or every 3rd day until it's gone etc. Please let me know what you think is best.
Once will probably do the job, but keep an eye on it and put the plant somewhere more dry if possible, well above ground level is a good idea to avoid morning dew. You want morning sun to stop the mildew

Once will probably do the job, but keep an eye on it and put the plant somewhere more dry if possible, well above ground level is a good idea to avoid morning dew. You want morning sun to stop the mildew
Thanks for your help. We are having a wet summer in the UK has not helped. I did not have h202 so have used some lemon juice and Apple cider vinegar as others on here suggested it as an equolivant. I have ordered some h2o2 in case it's needed and got some feminised non auto flowers that will flower in a month or so.

Sorry one more question shouldI spray whole plant or just the bits with it on.
Spray the whole plant.

Good to remove the most affected leaves - keep hands and tools clean before/after touching.

The really only fix I've found for this is Wetable Sulfur then bud wash.

Bonide (BND1428) plant fungicide.

PM is not harmful to people that are not allergic to it.
It's a plant based parasitic fungi = it needs a live plant host to live on. Hoo-man are not that so safe for us will affect taste of your flowers.

PM likes DRY warm conditions.

Sufur foliar a few times in VEG will TCO this and you can treat your flowering plants but you need to wash them after harvest to remove the residue. Completely organic and it works.

Upside it will also take care of any other pests in and out of your garden like say mites or mice etc.

Spray the whole plant.

Good to remove the most affected leaves - keep hands and tools clean before/after touching.

The really only fix I've found for this is Wetable Sulfur then bud wash.

Bonide (BND1428) plant fungicide.

PM is not harmful to people that are not allergic to it.
It's a plant based parasitic fungi = it needs a live plant host to live on. Hoo-man are not that so safe for us will affect taste of your flowers.

PM likes DRY warm conditions.

Sufur foliar a few times in VEG will TCO this and you can treat your flowering plants but you need to wash them after harvest to remove the residue. Completely organic and it works.

Upside it will also take care of any other pests in and out of your garden like say mites or mice etc.

Hey Bobbrown014 I’m having WPM issues and found the wettable Sulphur which I mixed & sprayed all 4 of my outdoor in the ground girls last night. My question is - should I reapply and when?
Thanks for your help & experience.

Hey Bobbrown014 I’m having WPM issues and found the wettable Sulphur which I mixed & sprayed all 4 of my outdoor in the ground girls last night. My question is - should I reapply and when?
Thanks for your help & experience.
Forgot to mention I’m in flower 3/4 weeks. Of course I know I’ll have to bud wash. Did that last year

Yes can reapply after the next rain. I've done in several days in a row without rain indoors and no issue other than pests gone.
Hello again bobrown14
I last sprayed with the wettable Sulphur on Sept 17. Now ready to chop. Will do bud wash but not sure if I should use peroxide. I read this can react & cause bad stuff to happen. Should I just use baking soda & plain water? Any help would be appreciated. I’m trying to save my lovely ladies but don’t want to kill myself!!

I bud wash like this:

Trim off all the fan leaves first.

Three 5 gal homer buckets

1st bucket is the wash bucket with 1/3 cup lemon juice (store bought in a bottle) and 1/3 cup baking soda in full bucket luke warm water.

Dunk the branches (sized to fit bucket) like 10+ times then let water drip off for several seconds.

Pro tip: cut 3 branches at a time and dunk them together. Its much easier with 3 branches. Once you go to hang and you have more than 3 branches it becomes diffucult to manage the hanging process. I string a line and use that for hanging.

2 rinse buckets luke warm water - dunk again each bucket 10+ times each rinse bucket then hang dry on a line for 3-5 days depending on your room RH.

If the RH in the hanging room is low the dry time will be less. If you room RH is high say over 60% it will take longer to dry. IF you RH in the hanging room is over 70% RH the flowers wont dry you will need a de-humidifier to get it down below 60% RH.

Once dry - trim and into containers and burp daily for a week them good to store/cure.

You do not need to use h2o2 in the wash bucket.

Back
Top Bottom