Realistically what's the word?

StimpLedNoTill

On reg vs fem seeds? I've heard multiple times that regular because it's more natural will/can produce better results than fem. But then I've read (not heard) that as long as the breeder is reputable, the fem seeds will be just as good. Is that the case? Only if the breeder has bred and tested them? From what I've seen/heard atm, only the dankest of the dank strains can be got in regular only. Also, I'm in no way referring to autoflowers as I would never grow one, photoperiod only. Thanks in advance for any input :)

I would only recommend reg's to those that have lots of space and/or want to get into breeding. You don't want to waste time, space, electricity nutes, etc. with males. There are no issues with Feminized seeds from a good breeder. :Namaste:

I would only recommend reg's to those that have lots of space and/or want to get into breeding. You don't want to waste time, space, electricity nutes, etc. with males. There are no issues with Feminized seeds from a good breeder. :Namaste:

Hey, thank you very much for your reply, I know there wouldn't be any issues with fem seeds from a good breeder but my question was mainly about quality of fem Vs regular. Because if reg seeds can possibly produce a danker product then the time/electricty/nutes spent on them would most definitely be worth it once you strike a solid fem/pheno no? I only ask because I have yet to see dank weed from fem seeds as I've seen come from reg. Would you recommend any really good breeders of fem seeds?

On reg vs fem seeds? I've heard multiple times that regular because it's more natural will/can produce better results than fem. But then I've read (not heard) that as long as the breeder is reputable, the fem seeds will be just as good. Is that the case? Only if the breeder has bred and tested them? From what I've seen/heard atm, only the dankest of the dank strains can be got in regular only. Also, I'm in no way referring to autoflowers as I would never grow one, photoperiod only. Thanks in advance for any input :)

I haven't seen any science/proof that says anything to the affect that one is superior to another, I've seen claims that w/o the male chromosome the high doesn't last as long/not as resilient/blah blah blah....but that was from a Breeder that only made Regular seeds, so who knows if they ever grown an Auto or they have anything to back that up and it's not just similar to a sales pitch/biased opinion. One of those probably find folks on all sides of the spectrum on opinions similar to Auto or Photo too.

My two outside ladies last year, two different strains so can't completely be a comparison (as one more Sativa dominant and one more Indica dominant) but I felt both were pretty quality stuff (both Photo not Auto):

Fem:

Regular (one in front of pic with both plants):

I haven't seen any science/proof that says anything to the affect that one is superior to another, I've seen claims that w/o the male chromosome the high doesn't last as long/not as resilient/blah blah blah....but that was from a Breeder that only made Regular seeds, so who knows if they ever grown an Auto or they have anything to back that up and it's not just similar to a sales pitch/biased opinion. One of those probably find folks on all sides of the spectrum on opinions similar to Auto or Photo too.

My two outside ladies last year, two different strains so can't completely be a comparison (as one more Sativa dominant and one more Indica dominant) but I felt both were pretty quality stuff (both Photo not Auto):

Fem:

Regular (one in front of pic with both plants):

I appreciate the reply, it is def hard to compare because of the 2 diff strains but they both look good although the reg seems more appealing to me and no doubt it's because of strain. Looks great though, thank you for showing. I'd grow outdoors if it wouldn't cause so many problems for me.

I appreciate the reply, it is def hard to compare because of the 2 diff strains but they both look good although the reg seems more appealing to me and no doubt it's because of strain. Looks great though, thank you for showing. I'd grow outdoors if it wouldn't cause so many problems for me.
Yeah the Regular was a Blue Widow, and I'm more partial to purple colors even though it doesn't always mean a lot far as quality goes ;) :rofl: . And even if you found "same strain" in Regular and Fem who knows if it would even be the same genetic line, as in example there is a lot of Blueberry Strains out there but I doubt all of them originally came from DJ Short genetics necessarily (just someone else's version of a similar cross breed/hybrid).

Back
Top Bottom