Recirc Top Feed Hydro - 3m x 1.5m x 2m Tent - GLR & LST - 1800W - Assorted Strains

Re: Recirc Top Feed Hydro - 3m x 1.5m x 2m Tent - GLR & LST - 1800W - Assorted Strain

hey bro,
Every camera is different and some have better macro settings than others. (referring to point and shoot digi's)
Now another thing that might make it seem like your trichs are all cloudy through photos is this: white balance.
If you are just shooting it on Automatic white balance setting chances are the white balance isn't correct.
If you get a grey card, or a plain white piece of paper and hold it under the light source that you're shooting your buds with. (I'm assuming HPS.) focus on the piece of paper, then manually set your white balance to that. (you might have to check your camera manual on how to do this, again every camera is different.) Sometimes it takes a few times to get it right. But then you'll be getting a more accurate color temperate rendition that allows you to see colors how they are meant to be seen (not too cold, or too warm.)
This makes it easier to see the ambers or at least differentiate between them, and the cloudy/clear's.
Hope that makes sense?

Hey just a suggestion, but if your CO2 monitor is pretty much the same as mine right. Then it has a light that can be seen through the vents at the rear. The green light on the front isn't a problem of course, because the plants won't see it when they're sleeping. But blocking the vents to close off that white light would effect the monitor itself. So what I do is just have my CO2 monitor plugged into the same timer as my lights, so you can insure total darkness in your room.
:thumb:
But then again, you've probably already figured that out..:idea:

ahha! thank you for the tip on adjusting white balance! i'll do that as soon as i log off and have a play with it(the camera that is :rofl: loL lame i know :p) that is awesome advice :thanks: and you know, i didnt realise there was light showing out of the back! duuur.. i just looked and it is flashing at the back.. is that like yours? anyhoo.. i'll definitely do that re the timer with the lights *phew!* you saved me some potential flowering issues later on :)

thanks Vick! gives me something to do for the next hour while my spaceballs wear off *chuckles* :D

Re: Recirc Top Feed Hydro - 3m x 1.5m x 2m Tent - GLR & LST - 1800W - Assorted Strain

ok.. before i logged on and saw Vicks advice on white balance and wide angles.. i played with my phone cam through my 30x loupe.. managed to glimpse a few of the amber-golden goodness! :D

20140323_150234.jpg

20140323_150736.jpg

plus some pixs as they show at present on my digi cam- before vicks advice:

P1030689.JPG

P1030688.JPG

P1030687.JPG

P1030686.JPG

P1030685.JPG

P1030684.JPG

P1030682.JPG

P1030681.JPG

P1030680.JPG

same as above but edited:
P1030679.JPG

P1030678.JPG

P1030677.JPG

:ganjamon::green_heart:

ahha! thank you for the tip on adjusting white balance! i'll do that as soon as i log off and have a play with it(the camera that is :rofl: loL lame i know :p) that is awesome advice :thanks: and you know, i didnt realise there was light showing out of the back! duuur.. i just looked and it is flashing at the back.. is that like yours? anyhoo.. i'll definitely do that re the timer with the lights *phew!* you saved me some potential flowering issues later on :)

thanks Vick! gives me something to do for the next hour while my spaceballs wear off *chuckles* :D

:cheesygrinsmiley:
spaceballs, Ha!
Yeah, I could have come into some flowering issues from leaving it on 24/7 when I first got it too. But luckily came in on the 2nd day when the lights were off and caught it in time to make the change. I'm sure you've already figured out how to deactivate the alarm that goes off after a certain PPM is reached? (I think 1500 or something?) Man that was annoying!

Hot Damn those are some sick trich shots!
It totally trips me out when I'm looking through shots like that, I tend to feel like I'm in a completely different world.
There is so much beauty in nature's architecture.
Man, I love this plant!
:yummy:

Hey bro nice arse pics of the trichs man.wish I had the time to do things like that .
I got a moko due in 4 weeks my 3 and work is full on ,but you know what that's like aye cuz.
So everything looks good your end aye ,well done on making it through the mites to get ya harvest on.

Off the subject ,but I'm looking for a reliable and fast VPN site now after you told me what it was I done some rechearch and I really want/need to protect my privacy .
Also do you think the co2 makes a huge diff to weight ,for me it's all about packing those pounds on haha

very nice. I see a proper amount of ambers, there,but not too prevalent. how long were they in bloom?

:cheesygrinsmiley:
spaceballs, Ha!
Yeah, I could have come into some flowering issues from leaving it on 24/7 when I first got it too. But luckily came in on the 2nd day when the lights were off and caught it in time to make the change. I'm sure you've already figured out how to deactivate the alarm that goes off after a certain PPM is reached? (I think 1500 or something?) Man that was annoying!

Hot Damn those are some sick trich shots!
It totally trips me out when I'm looking through shots like that, I tend to feel like I'm in a completely different world.
There is so much beauty in nature's architecture.
Man, I love this plant!
:yummy:

oh yeah the alarm was the FIRST thing i sussed out loL.. it started beeping at me right out of the box! :-O *chuckles*
thanks! i can easily spend an hour or so everyday looking through the loupe and pretending i'm some bigshot MMj connoisseur loL but you're absolutely right dude.. it's so surreal and beautiful, i never tire of macros- nature is awe inspiring.. i have considered myself a pantheist for that very reason for a few years now.. due to the exquisite beauty in the natural world that surrounds us everyday.

cheers Vick!
:thanks: :thumb:

Hey bro nice arse pics of the trichs man.wish I had the time to do things like that .
I got a moko due in 4 weeks my 3 and work is full on ,but you know what that's like aye cuz.
So everything looks good your end aye ,well done on making it through the mites to get ya harvest on.

Off the subject ,but I'm looking for a reliable and fast VPN site now after you told me what it was I done some rechearch and I really want/need to protect my privacy .
Also do you think the co2 makes a huge diff to weight ,for me it's all about packing those pounds on haha

howsit brother?!

cheers bro and yeah, i certainly do know what you're saying with the whanau and mahi! after starting my harvest i decided to say bye bye to the work for now.. for a few reasons including the fact they are essentially a corporation.. and i swore a while ago that i would never work for a company that puts profits ahead of the people that make those profits.. and the bosses rich!... no biggy.. i'm enjoying semi-retirement at present.. until i get sick of the cook then it'll be time to look for work again haha.. prolly be some winter pruning by that time.
with regards to the VPN issue bro.. there are a heap! all offer different advantages over the other but all in all they are relatively similar.. all are reasonably priced but some are definitely cheaper than others- without compromising on quality and ease of use.. check this link out bro: Ten VPN Services You Should Know About | PCMag.com it has a list of ten good vpn's.. "private internet access is a gooden, and very easy to install and use! pretty good price too.. avast has a vpn service tied in with it's antivirus.. i think you can get a 30day trial with it too?? one thing i find with vpn's is that if they are working like they should.. your browser(chrome, internet explorer etc) will suddenly appear in a different language thinking that you are in another country!.. like if i connect through a german proxy, for example, the browser will be in german and when i go to log into facebook i will get security question as it think's i might be a hacker etc.. lol, nothing to be worried about bro, it's just showing that it's working :)
with the co2 bro.. i can't really say for sure at present!! i've grown this somango strain rather haphazardly with the last 3 grows.. so i have a rough idea of what i can yield... with my next round i hope to confirm it.. especially now i have my co2 monitor- i can dial it in as best i can and time it with the extraction fan... and hope to see it pumping those fat arsed gurls like a 15 inch dildo haha :rofl: because it's just like you say bro.. if it aint gonna make their arses nice, big and chunky as *bleep* then it's a waste of time and money

tu meke bro, hope you had a good weekend :thumb: :Rasta:

very nice. I see a proper amount of ambers, there,but not too prevalent. how long were they in bloom?

howdy B! they are only coming into their 62nd day! so pretty fast to harvest! that's the thing i was asking Vick about- as he is the master blaster when it comes to producing exquisite pics of his girls and their sexy as heck parts ;) when i look through my 30x loupe, with the led on.. it's like trichomes heaven! and i easily see a good 25+% amber trichs!.. but when i take pics with my cam(21 x zoom) they only appear white???! so when Vick mentioned i should adjust and set my white balance and possibly wider angle shots, i would get better pics showing the amber.. i had a play for 15 mins earlier and started to get it dialed in.. set the white balance to a nice piece of white paper.. but unfortunately it was outside under a semi cloudy day, so i hope to sort that out 2moro under an HPS or atleast a sunny day, then i can set the balance better.. after the initial play i did notice i could see more amber but very mild.. so i will endeavor to sort that 2moro.. *fingers crossed* my camera takes decent close ups.. but it's just dialing it in to a better balance of light.

cheers dude :Namaste:

it's 12:00 midnight and i thought i might get an early one.. but before i do i'll put up a couple of pics of the last somango x critical plant i cut, this was somango #8 in my earlier pics:

P10307131.JPG

P1030706.JPG

P1030709.JPG

P1030705.JPG

P1030710.JPG

P10307151.JPG

good Medicine 420!! :ganjamon: :tokin:

howdy 420!

just thought i'd pop in a few nug pics of the first somango x critical plant i harvested.. nothing flash but it's curing really well and has great density and weight:

P10307741.JPG

P1030758.JPG

P10307571.JPG

P1030765.JPG

P1030766.JPG

P1030775.JPG

cheers all :peace:

just playing around with a few nug shots of the first somango and black domina plants/buds i harvested- all in curing now:

somango_x_black_domina_x.jpg

soma.jpg

som.jpg

blak_dom.jpg

black_dom_somango_x.jpg

cheers 420! :Namaste:

Holy shiiiii...

:thedoubletake:

Very nice photos bro, I will send ya a few pounds of mine to take some picks of :;)

send away bro! lol

no problem. those buds are massive and oh so pretty. you deserve the rep :thumb:

howdy all, so... today is the 27th of march.. making today the

65th day of flower

today i cut the last 2 somango x critical plants, leaving the 2 cherry bombs and 2 thc bombs.. both of which i will move out doors to finish and get my hydro pots back into the cave set up asap.

here are a few random nug shots of the 2nd and 3rd somango plants i harvested over the last 10 days.. and a few of the last 2 somango x plants..

P1030917.JPG

P1030916.JPG

P1030913.JPG

P1030911.JPG

P1030902.JPG

P1030898.JPG

P10308961.JPG

P1030895.JPG

P1030894.JPG

and some of the last 2 somango x critical plants:

P1030877.JPG

P1030876.JPG

P10308751.JPG

P10308741.JPG

P10308731.JPG

P1030871.JPG

P10308701.JPG

nug shots- somango x critical again:

P10308561.JPG

P1030853.JPG

P1030851.JPG

aaaand a closeup:

P1030848.JPG

cheers 420! :ganjamon::green_heart:

so.. with the exception of some updates on total dry weight this journal is pretty much done.. glad to have finally finished it considering it ended up COMPLETELY different from how i started and my original plans! but that's how it goes sometimes.. as most of us know, those unforeseen circumstances and issues that force us to alter course as in my case with the last couple of grows...

i'd just like to say THANKS to everyone who has popped in and said hi and added likes and reps along the way *bows humbly* muchly appreciated!! thanks for the positive support :Namaste:
i'm looking forward to getting my next grow underway now asap loL with the much needed addition of a mother cave to organize myself and save on time in veg growth etc.. and co2 enrichment.. i'm amped to get it sorted!

cheers all! :thanks:

Fantastic end to a beautiful grow bro!
I'm sure those weights wont disappoint!

:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom