Red Diesel, Midnight Rose, Sweet Black Angel: Indoor, Using Nectar For The Gods #4 Soil & General Hydro Nutes

GrnRm

I've been gone a while... Update: I'm a father now, to a beautiful baby boy!!! Which would explain my leave of absence.

Now back to business as usual! My current grow is already up and running so, being it's perpetual, I'll just run through the basics and we can go from there.

Currently Flowering: Red Diesel (unknown genetics) + Midnight Rose (sativa dominant hybrid from Shark Tank Seed Bank)

Soil: Nectar For The Gods #4 + NFTG One Shot Granules in 5gal Fabric Pots, sitting on 8gal Sub-irrigation Reservoir. 24-7 aeration in the Reservoirs.

Nutrients: Finishing my General Hydroponics products up. Next set of clones will start NFTG Nutes.

Lighting: Vegged for 6 weeks, 4 under 430w T5, and then 2 weeks under 1000w MH. They have been in 12/12 for 3.5 weeks now under 2500w HPS, and are going strong!

Feeding Schedule: Hand watered in 1gal Fabric Pots in early veg. During flower, I top off the Reservoirs everyday, and every fourth day they get topped off with full strength nutrients. On average, PPMs stay around 650-850. Ph tends to settle around 6.8-7.0 in the Reservoirs, but the girls don't seem to mind it at all. I'll drop the Ph on feed days and allow it to drift back up until the next feed day.

Early Veg under 8 bulb T5

First day under the 1000w MH

2 weeks of growth under the 1000w MH

Midnight Rose #1 from Shark Tank Seed Bank

Midnight Rose #2 from Shark Tank Seed Bank

Top view of the Red Diesel Twins. Yes there are 2 plants in this pot. That's a 3ft diameter screen.

Side view of the Red Diesel Twins

The new flower room, sporting 5000w HPS!

Congratulations! Welcome back Good to see you!
I've been really curious about how you changed your system and how it was doing. Looks great the girls look awesome again. I want to go to a sub irrigated setup when I clean out a tent in a few weeks.

Did you cut a net pot into the bottom of the fabric pots again?

Hopefully fatherhood hasn't been too rough on you yet. Again good to see you back around.

Thanks TurboBucket, it's nice to be back! My boy is a dream baby, I have not a single complaint!!!

I simply substituted the 10 gallon totes for the 5 gallon buckets. Less holes to drill, and more water for the plants. I used the same fabric pots and net pot lids from the 5gal bucket system. I now have airstones in the totes, which has been a huge improvement. The roots are filling both the fabric pots from top to bottom, and the totes are about half full of roots as well.

A few pics of the new Sub-irrigated Planters. I'm using a 5gal fabric pot, and a 10gal tote. I cut a net pot lid down to fit inside the fabric pot, then cut the bottom of the fabric pot out to fit the 6" net pot through. I then cut out the center of the tote lid to allow the net pot to drop through, and the net pot is doubled up to help retain the perlite wicking material. The tote is roughly the same height as the doubled up net pots, so with some minor flexing of the tote lid, the netpot rests on the bottom of the tote supporting the fabric pot. I currently have totes running with 4, and some with 2 1.5" airstones. I'll compare root growth in the totes at the end of these 2 cycles to see how many stones I'll keep running.

I also upgraded the lighting controls in the new flower room. I'm running 4 -1000w HPS on two separate 120VAC circuits. Each of the 120 lines run 2 of the lights, and are switched on and off using a 24VAC contactor relay, and a 24VDC timer. I had to run a bridge rectifier in order to get both 24VAC and 24VDC.

A status update on the Flower Room. The Red Diesel sisters, and the Midnight Rose Twins are at the end of week 8. The Red Diesel Clones are at the end of week 4, with the Sweet Black Angel Seedlings and the end of week 2.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom