Relaxed Lester's Garden Photos

One of our hybridized strawberries, one of many that is
IMG_1823111.jpg

A stunningly high yielding rose plant
IMG_182591.jpg

One of our other gardeners from the jurassic era
IMG_182681.jpg

From top to bottom, the Romanaesco heirloom brocolli, french bushing beans, and some kind of lettuce that isn't doing as well as last year
IMG_183181.jpg

A over-all shot of the hybrid strawberries
IMG_183241.jpg

A grafted rose plant, notice the two types of flowers growing off it
IMG_183471.jpg

A "California Wonder Sweet Pepper" supposed to produce 5 inch peppers but who knows, the bugs love them
IMG_183691.jpg

A potted Brocolli plant that is bolting
IMG_183721.jpg
IMG_1838111.jpg

This is the "Tasti-Lee hybrid" tomato, two more in the ground right next to it that are just as healthy.
IMG_184091.jpg

Here is a potted heirloom tomato plant that survived the winter as a seedling and is now a yearling
IMG_1842111.jpg

These are the "Black Pearl" Cherry tomatos, they become purple and have a sweet flavor like a grape
IMG_184191.jpg

A different strain of strawberry that is much more sweet, but has smaller fruits and is more sensitive in general
IMG_1843101.jpg

A couple of seranno plants, harvested over 2 pounds of serannos off 4 plants last year and we still have some in the freezer so only need 2 this time
IMG_184471.jpg

A dual head pine-apple plant that produces fruit every few years
IMG_1845101.jpg

Awesome garden, relaxed lester! That tortois is awesome. Looks like he's munchin' on a fallen rose, eh? Yummy. Hope he avoids the thorns. I really want to grow some strawberries, for munching and freezing, and whatnot. Maybe some jams, or whatever they're called. Preserves? Really love your garden. Gardens are my places of healing and well-being! :)

Hmmm? Indeed! What a sweet garden!

First thing's first, though...

What kind of tortoise is that?! and how old is he/she?! It's adorable!

Also, how have you hybridised the strawberries? Just by selective breeding of different phenotypes?

That one really makes my mouth water, it's so red and lush

This is the life for me. In my dreams.

For now!

Barn :peace:

Hmmm? Indeed! What a sweet garden!

First thing's first, though...

What kind of tortoise is that?! and how old is he/she?! It's adorable!

Also, how have you hybridised the strawberries? Just by selective breeding of different phenotypes?

That one really makes my mouth water, it's so red and lush

This is the life for me. In my dreams.

For now!

That is a California Desert Tortoise and we've had him as a pet for 50 years. All of my seeds are ordered through catalog, as for the strawberries I did not personally breed them, I acquired them as immature plants ( One being the hybridized Sequoia, and the other one I'm not really sure about, but it is sweeter, more delicate, and smaller berries).\

Yeah the plants shot out runners and expanded by about 10 times as much as when we bought the plants. We have so many strawberries we typically will have to make a jam, and some do go to waste since there's too many to eat and pick all at once.

Thanks a ton for stopping by! :Namaste:

Awesome garden, relaxed lester! That tortois is awesome. Looks like he's munchin' on a fallen rose, eh? Yummy. Hope he avoids the thorns. I really want to grow some strawberries, for munching and freezing, and whatnot. Maybe some jams, or whatever they're called. Preserves? Really love your garden. Gardens are my places of healing and well-being! :)

Yeah, he will munch on the fallen rose pedals. You can't let him into the lettuce area or he'll pick that place clean in minutes. He's a chomper.

I agree, my garden is my place for well-being , relaxation, and I generally love to be with all my plants, it makes me happy.
Being able to see my plants grow big and tall from such small seeds, and to reap the rewards of harvest is what its all about.

Thanks again for the cool comments.

I will try to post a garden update in the future.
:peace:

That is a California Desert Tortoise and we've had him as a pet for 50 years. All of my seeds are ordered through catalog, as for the strawberries I did not personally breed them, I acquired them as immature plants ( One being the hybridized Sequoia, and the other one I'm not really sure about, but it is sweeter, more delicate, and smaller berries).\

Yeah the plants shot out runners and expanded by about 10 times as much as when we bought the plants. We have so many strawberries we typically will have to make a jam, and some do go to waste since there's too many to eat and pick all at once.

Thanks a ton for stopping by! :Namaste:

You're welcome! You make me really want to get out of the city and live like this...

Preferably with the tortoise :)

I'll make a note of that sequoia - thinking about growing them indoors under HPS.

just as a little something to have.

Why not give the spare strawberries to your neighbours? (Assuming you have neighbours)

Peace out! Would be good to see more of your garden throughout the summer.

Strawberries can be frozen as well as canned, to help prevent waste. :)

Strawberries can be frozen as well as canned, to help prevent waste. :)

Yeah I mean, we have no problem using the strawberries that are good enough to eat. The other ones mature so quickly that sometimes they just rot sitting on the plant. It's ok though because there's so many blooms that there's still enough berries to go around lol. We have limited space in our freezer and we would likely make jam and preserve it in the fridge than freeze them.

We still have a pound of seranno peppers from last years harvest in the freezer. Now those we HAD to freeze. :)

You're welcome! You make me really want to get out of the city and live like this...

Preferably with the tortoise :)

I'll make a note of that sequoia - thinking about growing them indoors under HPS.

just as a little something to have.

Why not give the spare strawberries to your neighbours? (Assuming you have neighbours)

Peace out! Would be good to see more of your garden throughout the summer.

Thanks Barney!!
:thanks:

The garden has grown a LOT since these photos, and we're already harvesting beans, serannos, and tomatos soon.
I'll see about posting an update soon, need to speak to 420Girl about it.

:peace:

I love veggies!! Great thread, take it you pH your water specifically per plant? or do they get straight tap? I just started a nice veggie garden to grow along side the outdoor this year. I feel both my mmj and veggies give off equal vibes, they both make myself feel accomplished seeing them grow and push out the fruits of our labor! Do you use any nutrients for them good looking plants Lester? :thumb: Keep up the healthy eating :)

:peace: CA215

I love veggies!! Great thread, take it you pH your water specifically per plant? or do they get straight tap? I just started a nice veggie garden to grow along side the outdoor this year. I feel both my mmj and veggies give off equal vibes, they both make myself feel accomplished seeing them grow and push out the fruits of our labor! Do you use any nutrients for them good looking plants Lester? :thumb: Keep up the healthy eating :)

:peace: CA215

Thanks mate!! Things are coming along swimmingly. And No I give them straight up tap, they love it. We harvested our first batch of beans last night, and they were amazing (steamed with butter)! And The night before we had fresh salads , store bought does not even compare. Still waiting on the tomatos, 2 black pearl vines about to ripen. Will look into more pictures soon.

As for feeding the veggies, I've given them Dr.Earth's Bat Guano, along with Magic Sea-Weed (organic kelp meal) scraped off Alaskan coastal rocks and made into a concentrate solution to be diluted.

Indeed, I like to walk through my garden and see every plant as it grows, and my MMJ herbs fit right into a bountiful food harvest. Food as just as important as medicine,( maybe a little more), but to walk through see the food growing, and then stumble upon my fine medicine, it's just another plant in the world with fine benefit.

:Namaste:

A planter bed full of strawberries, Tasti-Lee tomatos, and Black Pearl cherry tomatos
Update510_00951.jpg
Update510_01141.jpg
Update510_01042.jpg

The potted Heirloom Brocolli (Romanasco)
Update510_00851.jpg

The Year Old Heirloom Tomato plant(Huge)
Update510_01237.jpg
Update510_013310.jpg

California Wonder - Sweet Peppers (supposed to be up to 4.5 inches for stuffing with meat)'
Update510_014210.jpg

The Serrano Peppers
Update510_016110.jpg

A specimen of the other type of strawberry
Update510_018110.jpg

Brocolli,beans, lettuce
Update510_01918.jpg
Update510_017110.jpg

Habsicus and Iris's
Update510_02115.jpg
Update510_02214.jpg

Cheers all and happy growing!

Your garden looks great. I'm in a colder climate than you. I'm hoping ours will look that good in a few months. Also have some of those Black Pearl Cherry Tomatoes going.

Thanks! Indeed, the Black Pearl caught my eye in the seed catalog . They're just starting to turn purple too. Should be ready to try them next week. Very excited :)

You have some going too, you said?
Burpee's Seed Catalog is where we got most of our stuff this year.
:peacetwo:

Haha don't worry about stepping over the journal. No worries there brother :)
That is awesome that you are also growing black cherry tomatos!!
Can't wait to see how they turn out. As for the tortoise, I believe it is a female, but her name is Methuselah (named after from Hebrew Bible - "oldest person to ever live, 969 years" LoL

Hey Lester, good to see you got this journal going, love it mate. All sorts of gardening is cool and fun to me too.

The tortoise is cool , 50 years old , cool! Keep this journal going if yo can mate, great idea. Have a lot of the same growing myself. I have Tomatoes, and mini toms, broccoli, strawberry's, chillis (with 5-6inch chillis on :) ) , onions, garlic, lettuce (Many types), and lots of herbs. My Toms and strawberry's aren't as old as yours , broccoli about the same age.

You have loads of space and use it great, fruit , veg and bud, your living the dream mate. My space is limited and cant do cannabis there, has to be guerrilla. I hope to have a space like that soon. Keep up the good work, both your journals are great to watch, keep it up mate :)

Will follow this one closely and so will the missus I reckon.

Hey Lester, good to see you got this journal going, love it mate. All sorts of gardening is cool and fun to me too.

The tortoise is cool , 50 years old , cool! Keep this journal going if yo can mate, great idea. Have a lot of the same growing myself. I have Tomatoes, and mini toms, broccoli, strawberry's, chillis (with 5-6inch chillis on :) ) , onions, garlic, lettuce (Many types), and lots of herbs. My Toms and strawberry's aren't as old as yours , broccoli about the same age.

You have loads of space and use it great, fruit , veg and bud, your living the dream mate. My space is limited and cant do cannabis there, has to be guerrilla. I hope to have a space like that soon. Keep up the good work, both your journals are great to watch, keep it up mate :)

Will follow this one closely and so will the missus I reckon.

JB, thanks for the amazingly kind words. You have a lot of the same stuff I have going too!! Similar taste? Thanks for the compliment about the space, I agree, living the dream, walking around the garden looking at plant to plant, seeing each one grow differently, and to come across the cannabis, just another lovely plant that happens to be medical. To head over for dessert berries, or for dinner veggies, gotta love gardening... although it can be a lot of work to get it going it is welll worth it :)

Second pic up-the pepper plant...that some mold on the stem?

I had to pull a Poblano Pepper yesterday. For some reason, most likely the weather, she went into shock and just fizzled.

I really want to start a personal garden journal. New job and my climate being about a month behind yours, there's nothing of yet to show off. Yeah, this weekend I'll do it.

Once again, nice plants all around. (Wouldn't mind seeing an update pick of your broccoli.)

Back
Top Bottom