Josh's Vegetable Garden

Thanks mate. I pulled the cilantro and lettuce the other day. Seriously not half way through the green beans-just giving them away at this point.

If I were feeling better I'd rototill and plant some more lettuce and set some habaneros that I started from seed but still in seedling flats.

The trailer and Kawasaki dirt bike are the neighbors. Our yard does, however feature an orange VW Bus that belongs to the landlord. Quite the eye sore.

:thanks:

My god, respect to this garden has not been given, this is one incredible garden. You really deserve a pat on the back. I am so blown away by your cilantro! You can make me jealous too you know.... :passitleft:

Just witnessed this in our yard. May be a bit hard to see but there is a turkey trying to get a squirrel.

today10.jpg

He, the turkey, didn't have his feathers ruffled when the shutter closed. I'd guestimate that one is around 20 lb live weight. I recognize him. I think he's the third largest of the neighborhood toms. About a 6" long beard.

Ever see 'Jurassic Park'? The raptors remind me of turkeys. They are mildly retarded but aggressive possessing "mob mentality".

My little town does not have it's own police force even though it is the county seat. There's only county sheriffs and WSP (Washington State Patrol). Seriously, every year there is at least one instance of a L.E.personnel dispatching an aggressive turkey. They like to attack elderly women using walkers in the grocery store parking lot.

My dog is trained to chase them away from the yard. Turkey feces is too hot of a fertilizer for grass.

Back
Top Bottom