Relaxed Lester's Garden Photos

Rattlesnakes? RATTLESNAKES? Wow, to an Englishman that just sounds so fantastically Wild-Western. :cheesygrinsmiley: Love it.

I keep finding shed snakeskin on our stone walls here. If I keep enough of it maybe I can make what I always wanted - a pair of boots. :laughtwo:

PS Absolutely magnificent lily. :thanks:

One time I was walking through the Arizona desert and I saw a large rats nest about waist high on a Teddy Bear Cholla (cactus spines instead of Teddy Bear fur.) On its way to the nest, stuck in the cholla branches was rattlesnake skin. MORE than a skin really, as the snake bones were still mostly inside the skin:)

Smart place for the rats to build a nest :)

What rattlesnakes where they at? I don't like snakes. Cool looking lizard though:thumb:
There are rattlesnakes that come out to sun bathe, sometimes we find them right on the hiking trail. We've been trying to fend them off the trail. They like to lay on the rocks in the Sun. Lizards taking over though. :surf:

Rattlesnakes? RATTLESNAKES? Wow, to an Englishman that just sounds so fantastically Wild-Western. :cheesygrinsmiley: Love it.

I keep finding shed snakeskin on our stone walls here. If I keep enough of it maybe I can make what I always wanted - a pair of boots. :laughtwo:

PS Absolutely magnificent lily. :thanks:
Haha, what a wonderful comment Mr. Teddy. I know I can always rely on you for something great ;) :high-five:

One time I was walking through the Arizona desert and I saw a large rats nest about waist high on a Teddy Bear Cholla (cactus spines instead of Teddy Bear fur.) On its way to the nest, stuck in the cholla branches was rattlesnake skin. MORE than a skin really, as the snake bones were still mostly inside the skin:)

Smart place for the rats to build a nest :)

Wonderful story! That is incredible! :lot-o-toke:

Rattlesnakes used to be plentiful around here. They used to curl up next to the door threshold, and if we were on our way out and heard Mother yell "FREEZE", we knew it was there. I can't tell you how many times a horse has suddenly shyed sideways and threw me off because of a rattler. Hate those things. LOL

Rattlesnakes used to be plentiful around here. They used to curl up next to the door threshold, and if we were on our way out and heard Mother yell "FREEZE", we knew it was there. I can't tell you how many times a horse has suddenly shyed sideways and threw me off because of a rattler. Hate those things. LOL

Oh they can be a real nuisance on the hiking trail, luckily there aren't too many. But yeah the natural habitat around here has a lot of cactus, yucca, pepper trees, and various dry-weather shrubbery that doesn't require a lot of water. We happen to live in a butterfly preserve as well. We live in the "oasis" of the city nestled in on a little point overlooking the ocean. Ok that's about as descriptive as I want to get lol. Moral of the story, you have a lot more crazy and cool things to look at in the forest which is your backyard :rofl:

I plan on updating this thread very soon, not a ton of crazy cool blooms in the yard but I will try to take some cool photos to share for the weekend :)

Peace and Be Well to all! :cheer:

We get western diamondbacks around here.

When I was a kid, we lived for a few years on this side of the state. We rented a very nice house. We lived there just under a year then moved into a near-by duplex. That house sat vacant for sometime and the wild wheat took over the yard. After someone else moved in they told my dad they killed seven rattlers while clearing the yard.

A person definitely needs to watch where they step.

Oh yeah, last year some guy was at a home smeepo about 35 miles from my house. He was in the gardening section and bent down to pick up what he thought was a stick in the aisle. He lost his hand from the necropsy caused by the baby rattler bite.

Baby rattlers are the worst. They don't know his to bite without venom, so they pump all their venom into something they can't eat, like humans.

My first year in Arizona, in welcome to the elementary school night , they had baby rattlesnakes hatch.
Night. Toddlers. Baby rattlesnakes.
I saw 3 moving and there were over a dozen trapped under overturned metal waste baskets. Ewwwww.

For Mr.Teddy
My boots after their fourth re-sole last fall.

20131119_181634-1.jpg

Nice boots mate! Now time for a garden tour. We start off with the climbing roses which is essentially a rose tree, the one I posted earlier in the journal that is about as big as a house. Then we go to our regular rose plants, well with what blooms are on them, and some new ones to form in the floral clusters. Following that a little Habiscus and other stuff from the garden that is blooming. There are some delicate Rosemary flowers, Onion Chive Flowers, and Lemon Thyme Flowers pictured as well. The mint flowers are also a very nice one, the mint grows on its own accord, it and outcompetes a lot of common weeds, we have a full planter bed of the mint so sometimes hard to keep it under control. Oh about the Tiger Lillies, their flowers are known for lasting a very long time so I took some more pictures of the same flowers recently posted, and I noticed another bloom is getting ready to open! :yahoo: At the end there is a little Cantaloupe plant that will, the engine that could. The thing barely died from root aphids, but managed to survive enough to shoot out a couple flowers. Hoping she survives. We have another little cantaloupe plant that looks better, just maybe not hot enough here for the melons I think. Anyway, that's all for now! :ciao:
IMG_27168.JPG
IMG_27176.JPG
IMG_27187.JPG
IMG_27199.JPG
IMG_27205.JPG
IMG_27214.JPG
IMG_27227.JPG
IMG_27237.JPG
IMG_27246.JPG
IMG_27254.JPG
IMG_27265.JPG
IMG_27274.JPG
IMG_27298.JPG
IMG_27303.JPG
IMG_27316.JPG
IMG_27326.JPG

And PS to everyone, we are going to put together a little outdoor nature "contest" this weekend, we'd love to see your pictures! https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/beauty-spring-summer.221970/ :ciao:

I LOVE your garden Lester!! And Mr. Mittens/Fang and your tortoise. I'm only through a couple pages so far but I'll catch up soon, thanks for inviting me! There's so much life in your garden, you must be proud :)

Baby rattlers are the worst. They don't know his to bite without venom, so they pump all their venom into something they can't eat, like humans.

My first year in Arizona, in welcome to the elementary school night , they had baby rattlesnakes hatch.
Night. Toddlers. Baby rattlesnakes.
I saw 3 moving and there were over a dozen trapped under overturned metal waste baskets. Ewwwww.

For Mr.Teddy
My boots after their fourth re-sole last fall.

20131119_181634-1.jpg

THOSE are the boots I want. PLEASE, MUMMY. PLEASE MUMMY. PLEASE, MUMMY.
:thanks: Radogast

Beautiful, RL. Beautiful. Can't get our Hibiscus to flower yet. Looks healthy enough. I'm tempted to try a little of my BioBizz Bloom on it. :laughtwo:

Happy Daze. :love: Mr Teddy

Beautiful, RL. Beautiful. Can't get our Hibiscus to flower yet. Looks healthy enough. I'm tempted to try a little of my BioBizz Bloom on it. :laughtwo:

Happy Daze. :love: Mr Teddy

Thank you so much! :circle-of-love:

nice photos. I know I promised pictures of my outdoor garden, but a strong storm killed my plants. sorry man.

First thing I thought of the pictures with M... "nom nom nom" :Namaste:
Beautiful photography as always Les :clap:

Haha, thank you kindly brother! :ciao: Glad you enjoy the pictures. :high-five:

nice photos. I know I promised pictures of my outdoor garden, but a strong storm killed my plants. sorry man.
Hey b.real. Sorry to hear about your plants. It is always a tragedy to lose something that you've been working on and tending to for a long time. Just how the cookie crumbles sometime... Hope you are doing well though. :circle-of-love:

it does stink. I just planted more tomato seeds, but I think it's late in the season. I'm going to keep them in the sun then in my grow area overnight till they are big enough to stay outside. I hope I get some blooms lol.

I can fit 4 plants in my grow area which is 2 more than I used to be able to fit so I'm doing pretty good.

come say hi Serious 6 & More :thumb:

I adore that tortoise. I wish I had a garden tortoise lol. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom