Relaxed Lester's Garden Photos

it does stink. I just planted more tomato seeds, but I think it's late in the season. I'm going to keep them in the sun then in my grow area overnight till they are big enough to stay outside. I hope I get some blooms lol.

I can fit 4 plants in my grow area which is 2 more than I used to be able to fit so I'm doing pretty good.

come say hi Serious 6 & More :thumb:

I admire your persistence! I am subscribed to your journal :Namaste:

Loving the red, red hibiscus blooms as dinner. And the diner.
Yeah, I know the Tortoise loves it! :cheer:

I adore that tortoise. I wish I had a garden tortoise lol. :circle-of-love:

Haha, thank you so much! :circle-of-love:

On the morning trail
IMG_20140726_081248.jpg

[video=youtube;aiO5mxZfajY]
[/video]

Kali mera, RL. Great pic, great soundtrack. :thanks:

My Hibiscus is budding! And I did give her a little Bloom. D'ya think....? :thumb:

In other news, we now have official and severe water restrictions here. I'm lugging two 35 litre containers up from the spring in the wheelbarrow and they are just enough for all the potted plants. But I think I'm going to have to loose a lot of the flowers in the mixed boarder. (And those melons and tomatoes and peppers need a lot). I mulched the boarder well after the last big watering, but I don't think that's going to keep everything going until 20 Sept when the restrictions lift. I was thinking about covering the mulch with plastic sheeting to retain as much water as possible. Ugly as hell, but might be worth it. Do you have experience of this kind of thing on the West Coast?

Have a super Sunday and thank you so much for your comments and likes and reps over at the other place.
:thanks::circle-of-love: Mr Teddy

Loving the garden and of course Mr Tortoise. I have mrs Groundhog and her babys that ate everything I tried to grow in the past. The babys even let us pat them. Dont think i really want them as pets though

Loving the garden and of course Mr Tortoise. I have mrs Groundhog and her babys that ate everything I tried to grow in the past. The babys even let us pat them. Dont think i really want them as pets though

My groundhog mowed a row of beans last week.

Petting baby groundhog sounds like fun:)

Former location of bean plants bearing beans
20140720_143413-1.jpg

Hey, Lester, come quickly. Fang's hijacked your garden thread. But how clever of the cat to take gorgeous self-portraits and upload them. :thumb:

By the way - RESULT. Look what Mrs Teddy and I came across in our garden walk today:

Now I've got a flower that matches my Hawaiian shirt. Hope you don't mind me sharing it.
:morenutes::rofl:
:thanks: Mr Teddy

Hey, Lester, come quickly. Fang's hijacked your garden thread. But how clever of the cat to take gorgeous self-portraits and upload them. :thumb:

By the way - RESULT. Look what Mrs Teddy and I came across in our garden walk today:

Now I've got a flower that matches my Hawaiian shirt. Hope you don't mind me sharing it.
:morenutes::rofl:
:thanks: Mr Teddy

Beautiful! We have the same exact colored hibiscus as you! Must be nice to have that plant out there in Greece. :cheer:
(Along with the English Tomatos ;))

Great rose coloration, sir relaxed.
It is both darker and lighter than Mr Teddy's hibiscus

Much Mahalo Rado! :Namaste:

I have one cherry tomato plant that survived the storms and this is all she gave me so far. I wonder if I'll get the new tomato sprouts to bloom this season by leaving them outside in the sun then giving them an extra 12 hours of light in my grow area?

1) Hey Mr. Teddy and Breal - Don't forget to scroll down to the "OFF-TOPIC" button on the uploader tab during upload as to strip the 420 logo ! :thanks:

Nice tomatos, at least you got some! Hope they taste good :)

And Yeah! I think you could pull that off. Just becareful because the tomatos carry much more water than cannabis and so it could cause mold to grow on the stems which could spread to your other plants. Just a thought. Would be really interested to see if you can get them to bloom inside. I'm sure it's been done before. :surf:

Some great pics RL :thumb:
I like everyone else's pictures too. :high-five:

I had said I wouldn't share a pic, but it's pretty unlikely someone could figure out where I am from this pic, so...
Here is Hiker's, first ever, attempt at a veggie garden.

Just realized this is a couple weeks old now (from the 15th). :blalol:
We've already harvested garlic, peas, spaghetti squash, zucchini, carrots, beets, broccoli, a few tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, the 'salad bar' (too hot right now), strawberries, blueberries (not many first year transplants), and lots of herbs. We're also growing corn, potatoes, onions, asparagus (won't see any until next year), rasberries (planted one bush and have a friend bringing 2 more), crook neck squash, several varieties of beans (bush and pole). There are also sunflowers and nosturium (sp?) spread around the garden. You can't see the strawberry raised bed, or the other 2 blueberries. You can see one, of the three, blueberry bushes we planted in raised beds in the front left corner. Since it wasn't gonna fill that box this year, I put a sunflower and some bean bushes in with it.

Yes, it looks like there are weeds everywhere, but it's only in the walkways. This area was grass last year, so it was a LOT of work to get things this far. I didn't get around to mulching my walkways. We come through with a hoe, or our hands, every so often and clean up the areas that get out of control. :)

Some great pics RL :thumb:
I like everyone else's pictures too. :high-five:

I had said I wouldn't share a pic, but it's pretty unlikely someone could figure out where I am from this pic, so...
Here is Hiker's, first ever, attempt at a veggie garden.

Just realized this is a couple weeks old now (from the 15th). :blalol:
We've already harvested garlic, peas, spaghetti squash, zucchini, carrots, beets, broccoli, a few tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, the 'salad bar' (too hot right now), strawberries, blueberries (not many first year transplants), and lots of herbs. We're also growing corn, potatoes, onions, asparagus (won't see any until next year), rasberries (planted one bush and have a friend bringing 2 more), crook neck squash, several varieties of beans (bush and pole). There are also sunflowers and nosturium (sp?) spread around the garden. You can't see the strawberry raised bed, or the other 2 blueberries. You can see one, of the three, blueberry bushes we planted in raised beds in the front left corner. Since it wasn't gonna fill that box this year, I put a sunflower and some bean bushes in with it.

Yes, it looks like there are weeds everywhere, but it's only in the walkways. This area was grass last year, so it was a LOT of work to get things this far. I didn't get around to mulching my walkways. We come through with a hoe, or our hands, every so often and clean up the areas that get out of control. :)

Thank you so much for sharing this! You have such a wonderful assortment of veggies! You did a great job. I can imagine it being a LOT of work.

Your picture and story are inspiring to gardeners everywhere! We should all aim to be as organized and have as healthy plants as you do.

Feel free to share any garden photos or nature photos in here that you like! Just remember to upload them to "OFF-TOPIC" section so there's no 420 logo in there :)

Once again, loved your share! Wish I had that array of fruits and vegetables. Next year I will aim to do better than this year. :Namaste: :thanks:

:nicethread:

Good morning weed Lester. I bet that was a great concert. Happy Munchday my friend. :yahoo:

Looks like you had loads of fun! :) Cheers, and :Namaste:

Thank you brotha Buck! :thanks:

Wow, from here it looks like the stage area was literally on fire! I'll be that was loud too. LOL

Hope you enjoyed yourself immensely.

:circle-of-love:

Haha! Yes it was very loud, Even from the back/farthest seats! :rofl: I enjoyed myself immensely, thank you :Namaste:

Good morning weed Lester. I bet that was a great concert. Happy Munchday my friend. :yahoo:

Definitely was, can't believe I'm just getting back to these messages now. lol :volcano-smiley:

Looks like you had loads of fun! :) Cheers, and :Namaste:

Cheers and hello brother AMK! :cheer:

What a phenomenal link! Thank you so much! Wow. LOL I thought of me too. :surf:

Lester, how long until your tortoise goes digital? :)

Back
Top Bottom