Relaxed Lester's Garden Photos

Amazing Pictures Bill, the quality of all your plants is incredible. You can really tell how much hard work you put into your beautiful home and garden. I wish my plants were that green and healthy, you really seem to be in a whole other league of growing!! :)

Amazing Pictures Bill, the quality of all your plants is incredible. You can really tell how much hard work you put into your beautiful home and garden. I wish my plants were that green and healthy, you really seem to be in a whole other league of growing!! :)

Lester you are to nice. thanks for all the nice comments. Organic gardening does have it way with the health of our plants. The greenhouse plants are so green and healthy looking this year. I put a lot of compost and organic fertilizer in to it and it seems to be working. One thing Lester we are green like this most of the year. RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN is what keeps us green. A little brown never bothers me. Happy Freeweed Day my friend

great pictures relaxed lester, i like your Methuselah too! i like your garden flowers and veggies, i have a lot of flowers and plants in my garden, yours look healthier, i hope i can learn more from your journals. this is a great website so far. i have to learn how to make friends in my region that know how to grow outside, i have had success indoors under hps, using ebb/flow.
im ready for the sun, my garden has inchworms eating my leaves, I sprayed some raid , i hope it is not too late!

great pictures relaxed lester, i like your Methuselah too! i like your garden flowers and veggies, i have a lot of flowers and plants in my garden, yours look healthier, i hope i can learn more from your journals. this is a great website so far. i have to learn how to make friends in my region that know how to grow outside, i have had success indoors under hps, using ebb/flow.
im ready for the sun, my garden has inchworms eating my leaves, I sprayed some raid , i hope it is not too late!

Thank you kindly for the kind words! Welcome to the site, I am so happy you enjoy my garden photos.

I hope your inchworms don't get too bad, but I wouldn't spray raid on them! Consider using a BT garden spray (granular or liquid) and be reminded that manual inspections of the plants with your hands and eyes are the ultimate way of removing them. :Namaste:

Howdy Lester I thought I would post a few more pictures of flowers. First two are Japanese Iris. Love the way they bloom. Then a rhody and a poppy.

0601141446.jpg
0531141904.jpg
0531141904b.jpg
0531141905.jpg

Wow! Spectacular pictures. Feel free to post any garden pictures whenever you want, as I won't have time for a full regular garden update for a couple weeks. :Namaste:

Aloha All, well I haven't updated this thread in awhile so I figured todays the day. Just some general shots of things. Some cat pictures, a tortoise picture. Shots of my freshly picked strawberries and some on the plant. Some of our fresh oranges which I squeeze to make fresh OJ. Some different tomatos ranging from Tasti-Lee and Black Pearl hybrids to different heirloom ones. The tomato yields are low but the quality high, something to work on... Some shots of the brocolli, one of the monster broc, and also the others which are self-pollinating (remember it is heirloom romanaesco brocolli that took over 365 days to start flower!!) The brocolli beans have formed and contain all the seeds. You can also see a picture of our lettuce flowers which the seeds are beginning to ripen and fall off, eventually we will have a lot of lettuce, believe it or not this one is actually competitive to the common weeds around here. We have a lot of anise around here as well. Oh you can also see my italian parsely flowers in the herb bed, it is the one with a lot of pollen and a wide display. You know this is one of the best companion/bait plants to have. You can see the mint and the rosemary. A companion herb bed is never a bad idea! :) I like to keep them watered and lush. There are some onions and carrots, it's clear I'm no expert carrot gardener but they're fun to have none the less. There are some irises blooming and a few rose blooms starting again. They haven't bloomed in awhile, they weren't watered enough and the bugs really got to them. Clearly I was not paying equal attention to all plants :rofl: Not nearly as many flowers in the garden as usual right now. You can see the iris bed, different types in there, I also gave them a good watering as they really needed it, I would like to get a sea of colors in there. Living in a Butterfly preserve makes for a lot of caterpillars on everything, the trick is getting them to do their thing somewhere else on a less important crop. Brocolli has been one of the ultimate sacrificial bait plants, kind of as I intended, the yields were so low that we really didn't get enough to eat. We had enough to mix into one salad off 6 plants. Alright, enough writing, here is 46 pictures. Enjoy! :ciao:
IMG_23377.JPG
IMG_23385.JPG
IMG_23396.JPG
IMG_23407.JPG
IMG_23416.JPG
IMG_23739.JPG
IMG_237415.JPG
IMG_237512.JPG
IMG_237612.JPG
IMG_237712.JPG
IMG_23788.JPG
IMG_23799.JPG
IMG_23807.JPG
IMG_23819.JPG
IMG_238211.JPG
IMG_238313.JPG
IMG_23849.JPG
IMG_238512.JPG
IMG_23869.JPG
IMG_23879.JPG
IMG_238811.JPG
IMG_23897.JPG
IMG_23909.JPG
IMG_23916.JPG
IMG_23928.JPG
IMG_23937.JPG
IMG_23948.JPG
IMG_23957.JPG
IMG_23969.JPG
IMG_239713.JPG
IMG_239814.JPG
IMG_239910.JPG
IMG_240011.JPG
IMG_240111.JPG
IMG_240210.JPG
IMG_240310.JPG
IMG_24059.JPG
IMG_240613.JPG
IMG_24078.JPG
IMG_24089.JPG
IMG_240911.JPG
IMG_241011.JPG
IMG_24118.JPG
IMG_241215.JPG
IMG_241310.JPG

Hey,Relaxed, just checked into your journal and made my way here. Lovely. :circle-of-love: Thank you for bothering to post. Funnily enough, I was out buying a few plants for my mixed border today - summer's a difficult time for colour after the spring flush isn't it? My strategy on creating our garden from scratch is to buy a few plants every month from crazy Janni (smart lad, perfect English and a horticultural degree from Berlin) which are in flower. Theory being that next year I'll have interest every month! (Today it was Lollipop flowers - don't know the Latin name - and some very cheap Gladdies, a few beautiful Salvia plus a Prickly Pear for my new rock garden). Many of my roses are also like yours, just coming into a second bloom - although I should own up to being so fed up with a couple of really manky looking hybrids that, despite it being 35 degrees, I dug them up today, stuck them in pots and pruned them with a vengeance. Felt like Laurance Olivier in 'Marathon Man' as I wielded the secateurs, mumbling at them "Is it safe? IS IT SAFE?"

Good to see some lovely tomatoes too. My veg patch is full of 'em, all green and promising. Looking forward to some ripe ones with our basil, which grows like crazy here. Anyway, I'm wittering on and need to be up at dawn-ish to pop the dope out into the sun. Just wanted to say :thanks: for posting.
:thumb:

PS The Wife loves Fang. (He does seem rather, errrr, Relaxed). Pip Pip! Mr. Teddy.

Just lovely sir. :bravo:

That brightened my day. :Namaste:
Thanks! I am glad to hear that! :)

Agapanthus brought a smile with it :)
I'd forgotten about that plant !!

Tortoise always brings a smile :)
Yeah I love it, we got quite a bit of it. I'm trying to get my Irises to put out some blooms :circle-of-love:

Hey,Relaxed, just checked into your journal and made my way here. Lovely. :circle-of-love: Thank you for bothering to post. Funnily enough, I was out buying a few plants for my mixed border today - summer's a difficult time for colour after the spring flush isn't it? My strategy on creating our garden from scratch is to buy a few plants every month from crazy Janni (smart lad, perfect English and a horticultural degree from Berlin) which are in flower. Theory being that next year I'll have interest every month! (Today it was Lollipop flowers - don't know the Latin name - and some very cheap Gladdies, a few beautiful Salvia plus a Prickly Pear for my new rock garden). Many of my roses are also like yours, just coming into a second bloom - although I should own up to being so fed up with a couple of really manky looking hybrids that, despite it being 35 degrees, I dug them up today, stuck them in pots and pruned them with a vengeance. Felt like Laurance Olivier in 'Marathon Man' as I wielded the secateurs, mumbling at them "Is it safe? IS IT SAFE?"

Good to see some lovely tomatoes too. My veg patch is full of 'em, all green and promising. Looking forward to some ripe ones with our basil, which grows like crazy here. Anyway, I'm wittering on and need to be up at dawn-ish to pop the dope out into the sun. Just wanted to say :thanks: for posting.
:thumb:

PS The Wife loves Fang. (He does seem rather, errrr, Relaxed). Pip Pip! Mr. Teddy.
Hey Mr.Teddy Thank you for the kind words and information about how you do things! I am glad that you and your Wife have enjoyed seeing my photos and cat :). May all things be well in the garden my friend! :Namaste:

I love your garden bruh bruh!
Beautiful! Yummy looking vegetables, and cool pets!

Thanks DaddiSwanga! :passitleft:

Lester your garden is feeding you in so many ways. Fang is liking the garden, you like your garden and of course we all like it. I was sitting on the back deck tonight looking at the back yard and things like that just make a person feel good. Hope your day has been a good one. Happy Tokerday my friend

Hi, Relaxed. Would you mind if I posted a couple of photos here? It's a flower I'd love you to see - but I don't know the internet etiquette! If it's wrong to ask just treat me like a naughty 5 year old at the table - give me a smack and I won't do it again.

Back
Top Bottom