Repeat issue with brown edge leaves

Glargod

420 Member
This is the 3rd indoor grow where I have browning tip and edges to my leaves during Veg.

Could anyone point me in a suspect direction please. I can't seem so find images that match this to my satisfaction.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20190407_164219.jpg
    20190407_164219.jpg
    621.8 KB · Views: 89
Hi Glargod!

You should put down some details of your grow. It will help people to narrow down your issue. Everyone here is quite helpful!

Looking at this, I would start asking questions about PH. And some questions about feeding.

A little background,

The plant is a 4 month Super Lemon Haze (Slh), a Sativa cross between Lemon Skunk and Super Silver Haze.

The Grow environment is indoor, current temperature is between 16 C and 20 C, humidity averages 60%.

It is planted in 6in pots filled with premium potting soil and extra perlite. I am keeping them in smaller pots until they can be moved outdoor, at which time, I am moving them in 5 Gal buckets.

The water is regular tap water at 7.5Ph. They are fed Kelp once a week, and food (24-8-16) once a week in small doses (alternatively), so 2 feedings per week.

The lighting condition is variable intensity using 320W Fluorescent and 400W HID. They get a total of 20h light.

Next to the Slh, I have its sister, Blueberry (Bry), which is starting to show similar signs; though not nearly as significant.

Incidentally, I accidentally turned one of the original 2 Slh I had started last November to flowering in January by leaving it on the window sill. It is a foot high and a week away from being harvested, But It has never shown any of the signs in spite of being in the same soil. That One has never been fed anything but kelp and molasses. (attached pic)

That about sums it up.

Thanks

Attachments

• 2019-03-25 23.55.52.jpg
    2019-03-25 23.55.52.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 78
Details would definitely help, but first glance this looks like a potassium deficiency. A good all purpose fert should correct this problem if it is not pH related. Another possibility as to why this is happening is possible root problems due to being root bound and unable to uptake the amounts of nutrients that are needed.

I had thought about being root bound. They are quite old (4 months) and I still have them in 6in pots to slow their growth until I can take them outside. Perhaps I aught to transplant them now in their 5 gal buckets. It's too bad because I was also thinking about sticking them in the ground......

Dont ya think that's a bit high my friend

Our municipality has earned awards for "cleanest water" east of the country. I had not really considered checking Ph. But I agree with you, a Ph of 6.5 seems far more agreeable. I'll add a drop of apple cider vinegar to the next feedings!

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom