Require help identifying cause

TitanEntity

Hi all need help identifying this issue i am having.
Leaves that have this rusty look also end up dry and brittle and crack if i touch them
IMG_4114.jpeg

To add some context.

We had a few hot days in a row, 27-34c Celsius.

I have been trying not to overwater.

On thursday, 3 days ago i noticed leaves started looking strange, see below pic - i then followed with first introduction or nutes (atami bcuzz A + B soil at 1ml per L of each- i made a 20L BUCKET and watered each plant with roughly 3-4L the pots are 5gallon so watered under 25% of pot capacity.)

Water ph 6.3-6.5 run off after first nutes given 6.5 - 6.7

24 days old

Was i suppose to use 4L of the fert water when feeding or was i suppose to use 1L of the fert water and 2-3L of fresh water after?

Its now saturday

IMG_4096.jpeg

IMG_4095.jpeg

IMG_4097.jpeg

IMG_4094.jpeg

Looks overferted. What soil mix are they planted in and what does it contain? In a already amended soil you often only need to start adding nutrients after 6 weeks of growth.

Letting the pots dry out to much between waterings will create salt buildups, lockouts and toxicities. If you remove all water the plant is only left with the mineral salts in to high concentration and pH being out of range.

It looks like you're growing in a peat based soil like Pro-mix?

Looks overferted. What soil mix are they planted in and what does it contain? In a already amended soil you often only need to start adding nutrients after 6 weeks of growth.

Letting the pots dry out to much between waterings will create salt buildups, lockouts and toxicities. If you remove all water the plant is only left with the mineral salts in to high concentration and pH being out of range.

It looks like you're growing in a peat based soil like Pro-mix?
I asked the guy at the grow shop if i should fert even if soil is claiming can take plant through to week 4-6, and he advised i can.

Soil

Ingredients:

Alfalfa, Malted Barley, Basalt Rock Dust, Biochar, Calcitic Lime, Diatomaceous Earth, Dolomite Lime, Gypsum, Kelp Meal, Soft Rock Phosphate, Super Frass, Coco Coir, Worm Castings, Mycorrhizal Fungi, Bukashi Bran, Perlite, Vermiculite and Rain Wate.

Took the leaves off a moment ago

tips look burned, damn.

IMG_4147.jpeg
IMG_4147.jpeg

Recommend i flush? How would you go about flushing from here?
Hard to make a recommendation without knowing more. Doing a flush is not always the miracle cure for what ails a potted plant.

Alfalfa, Malted Barley, Basalt Rock Dust, Biochar, Calcitic Lime, Diatomaceous Earth, Dolomite Lime, Gypsum, Kelp Meal, Soft Rock Phosphate, Super Frass, Coco Coir, Worm Castings, Mycorrhizal Fungi, Bukashi Bran, Perlite, Vermiculite and Rain Wate.
These are the ingredients. Like @Wastei mentioned knowing whether you bought the soil and the name will help the group relate to what you are using.

The photos in msg #3 look like insect damage. The kind of damage done by an insect that is scraping the top or bottom surface of the leaves and rarely eating all the way through. Then those small scraped areas will die off and turn brown.

Recommend i flush? How would you go about flushing from here?
Run 3x the size of the pot plain water through it.
5 gal bag = 15 gallons of water.
In a bathtub or laundry tub works well.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

To add some context.

We had a few hot days in a row, 27-34c Celsius.

I have been trying not to overwater.

On thursday, 3 days ago i noticed leaves started looking strange, see below pic - i then followed with first introduction or nutes (atami bcuzz A + B soil at 1ml per L of each- i made a 20L BUCKET and watered each plant with roughly 3-4L the pots are 5gallon so watered under 25% of pot capacity.)

Water ph 6.3-6.5 run off after first nutes given 6.5 - 6.7

24 days old

Was i suppose to use 4L of the fert water when feeding or was i suppose to use 1L of the fert water and 2-3L of fresh water after?

Its now saturday

IMG_4096.jpeg

IMG_4095.jpeg

IMG_4097.jpeg

IMG_4094.jpeg

It looks like same issue I had over watering and nutrient possibly. My leafs started doing the same thing just now starting to clear up my soil compacted in the containers bought fox farm happy frog for only 3 and had to use expert soil in 2 of them and top off one as well I also think not enough holes in my buckets. Havent had to water the 3 in awhile but all is well now. Its a pain and stressfull. Hopefully yours will be fine too 🤞

Coneal49

17124244192456559886949406951428.jpg

Most likely watering or pest but it could be nutrient since we don't really know any values. Is all over or only on older growth? Low potassium and magnesium are the nutrients that cause that type of brown spotting. Both are stored in old growth and mobilized to new growth if levels drop too low. Therefore the first sign of those nutrient being deficient is in older leaves.

Back
Top Bottom