RiffnChar's Aurora Indica/AK-48 Grow Log 2009/2010

End of week 3 vegging.

You can really see the difference a week makes! All plants are looking very healthy and bushy. No reaching. All had their first shot of nutes this past week. AK-48 #3 looks a little stressed. I think I gave her too much water....

All will be topped next Monday and put under 12/12 to start flowering. All are between 4-6 " tall.

The pics....

The Aurora Indica's
Pics12_14_09_002.jpg

The AK-48's

Pics12_14_09_001.jpg

What a great hobby! Keep on growin'! :thanks:

Great Hobby! You are so Right! Exciting AND Rewarding! Yes, love the nice bushy, compact structure you are creating:yummy:. Keep up the great work you two! Wishing the best to you. :xmas: :peace:

i was wondering the same, and do you veg/flower in the same space
plus how long did your last grow span week wise

The box is 2'x2'x3'(H). Yes I veg and flower in the same box. When I go to flower I replace the 6500K cfl's with 2700K cfl's. Last grow was 12-14 weeks. I harvest the top colas first and that lets more light to the lower buds so they can ripen too. I have another cabinet in work for vegging/cloning. When the current girls are 4 weeks from harvest I will start another 6 beans in the new box. My goal is to get to a sort of "perpetual" harvest situation. The quality is so good me and the Mrs don't want to run out between grows like we did this time!

My goal is to get to a sort of "perpetual" harvest situation. The quality is so good me and the Mrs don't want to run out between grows like we did this time!

i was thinking the same thing i have 3 plants growing now, but what i thoght i would do is, clone one, and let that plant i snipped go in to flowering.
2 weeks later clone another and put that snipped plant under 12/12 as well.
continue on that cycle and i would have 3/4 clone plants vegging and 4 plants in flower at all times, if white widow takes about 8 weeks to flower "witch i have heard" it would be a perpetual harvest every 2 weeks,... given the fact that i cant say "YES IT WILL BE EXACTLY 8 WEEKS TILL HARVEST" i assume i will be able to harvest one plant every 2 to 4 weeks... witch is cool...

good luck on all your harvests

Week 4 Update

Lotsa changes in the last week or so. First off I have transplanted into bigger pots for flowering phase except Aurora#1 and AK-48#1. They will be transplanted when I can get to the hydro store for more FFOH soil. I ran out after doing the other transplants and I am stuck in the house by the frakin' blizzard going on outside.

AK-48/Aurora#1
Pics12_25_09_004.jpg

All the Aurora's have been topped. After much thought I have decided not to top the AK-48's as they seem to want to remain little bushes.

AK-48#3
Pics12_25_09_002.jpg

I am trying a little experiment with AK-48/Aurora#2. Due to box size constraints I am limited to 4 of these size pots(3 gal). So I decided to try and finish these 2 in the same pot. So far they seem to be doing fine.

AK-48/Aurora#2
Pics12_25_09_001.jpg

As you can see from the pics there have been some probs. There has been some yellowing of the lower leaves and a slight nute burn. Nothing terminal just flushed them well and they came right back This last pic is Aurora#3 probably the best of the bunch. She is growin like a weed and shows a lot of promise for a good yield.

Aurora#3
Pics12_25_09_003.jpg

I plan on continuing veg lighting till this coming Monday to let the toppings heal completely then put then under 12/12 to begin the flowering stage.

A very merry X-mas to all our fellow stoners and may the New Year bring everyone bigger budz, bigger yields, and the best highs! Peace!:peace:

That last Aurora photo looks just like the 3 I have growing. I want to SCROG, but they've got zero stretch! Hopefully they'll respond well to the screen in a couple of weeks.

Everything looks great by the way, can't wait to see this one through to the end!

Latest update!

Well folks I have to announce that Xmas 2009 was not the greatest. My dad, James Moncrieff passed away on 12/25/09. He was, at the end of his life, one of the worlds greatest pot heads.

He had diabetes for more than 30 years and it finally consumed him. Towards the end he got very 420 friendly..... it improved his appetite, his attitude etc. You know.........

So for my Dad......I Love you Dad.......... I miss you terribly.......Your Son, Robert

Pics to follow>>>>>>>>>>

Latest update!

Well folks I have to announce that Xmas 2009 was not the greatest. My dad, James Moncrieff passed away on 12/25/09. He was, at the end of his life, one of the worlds greatest pot heads.

He had diabetes for more than 30 years and it finally consumed him. Towards the end he got very 420 friendly..... it improved his appetite, his attitude etc. You know.........

So for my Dad......I Love you Dad.......... I miss you terribly.......Your Son, Robert

Pics to follow>>>>>>>>>>

I know that no words from a random poster on a random message board can truly console anyone, but my heart goes out to you and your family and I can only hope that you were able to get as close to your father as you could near the end.

Take care man.

From this.....to this!

The girls have been under 12/12 since 4 January 2010. Looking pretty good. I think I am gonna end up with an unintentional SOG. LOL So far 5 out of the 6 plants are female. AK-48#1 is the only unknown left.

Here how they look now:
Pics01_10_10_003.jpg

And here is their "baby pic" taken 21-1-09. Quite a difference!
Pics10_04_09_006.jpg

Lookin for some quality nugzz in 6-8 weeks. :slide::slide:

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom