Root rot?

curlybud

Hmm.. noticed my roots were pretty brown and kind of clumped up together today.. I upped the nutes from 300 to 600ppm yesterday, and read that some nutes do color the roots. I've read in other places this could be root rot.

I'm giving it Flora Nova Grow @ 600ppm and some B'cuzz Root stimulator. The roots are still fully submerged by the nute solution as I still keep the level almost to the basket. Help greatly appreciated!

rot1.JPG

Sorry, focus is not the best in this one
rot3.JPG

And the plant. This is day 11 - it's steadily growing and a nice and green color.
rot2.JPG

Hi Fasts - thanks for replying!

It does look fine indeed. There's even been new growth since i first posted this. Just kind of worried as I read a plant might be affected by root rot yet still look fine for a while..

Water temps are around 75F.. maybe a little less when the lights are off. I completely changed the res for the first time a few days ago after around 10 days. I didn't disinfect my rep bucket either so that kind of added to my worries!

check out racefans posts i think he's good on hydro

some folks add peroxide to their water as an anti fungal agent
your temps may be to high but i'm primarily a soil grower so
check out hydro journals for tips and mentors

Just had a bad case a root rot myself. This looks like it in the early stages. You may be able to reverse it. I used peroxide with my grow... I guess not enough. I did like 2 cap fulls per gallon.

house and garden makes a product called Root Excelerator.its not expensive like 15.00 I think. I have seen that product bring roots like that back to bright white and strong in weeks. hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom