RootRot or Nutrient Stains?

U need a full line nutritional system
Either the other two Fox Farm bottles or something else

U use z7 at .5ml per gallon of water
I guess all im missing is grow big then, cuz i have tiger bloom for later in its life.
I just kinda switched the growbig for NN nitrogen, and planned to add Advanced Nutrients overdrive as well.

I'd use a different nutrient lineup. I'm the biggest advocate of Natures nectar products, been using for 10 years. It states on the bottle do not aerate

I didnt see where it says do not aerate... Thats really weird if it says that because i do know for certain
it said the mixing instructions for using it Hydroponically... Setting me up for failure if i cant aerate it

I should have taken a picture the last 2 days but i didnt.

It hasnt quite been 6 days since changing res, using hydroguard. 2 days ago some dark stuff started building up on roots.
I thought it was bennifical bacteria because even where the dark buildup was, there were lots of fresh little roots poking out.
But now its starting to spread everywhere and getting slimy.

This isnt bennifical bacteria is it???
Definitely not bennies.
I'm running DWC.
4×16L buckets wrapped in aluminum tape, same with each 6 inch lid.
15L per min air pump.
4× 4 inch airstones.
4×4×6 grow tent.
General hydroponics flora series, not nova or maxi.
Cal mag supplement.
And for bennies I've been using tarantula in veg. Bought voodoo and piranha as well for next crop.

Now to my point. I had white slime issues, and for the life of my I couldn't figure it out. I had healthy roots then they started getting slimey, turning brown and rotting.

As soon as I bought tarantula, I gave all my roots a bath of 29% H2O2 at 1.5ml per liter.

Soaked them for about 2 hours, all the roots, hydroton, the basket the plant was sitting in. Did the same for stones and buckets and airlines.

After the 2 hours I rinsed all the buckets, set them hp again and mixed my nutes amd water and put in tarantula.

Now my plants look so much better.

Attachments

• 20200401_210829.jpg
    20200401_210829.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 24
  • 20200331_224337.jpg
    20200331_224337.jpg
    764.5 KB · Views: 26
Hydroguard is fantastic stuff

That and z7 are great together or on their own
I used Z7 once. It foamed up like crazy, and ended up leaving a heavy white film like concrete destroying my float valve... Hydroguard

Theres always peroxide. I use 34% not 3%. I use about half a cup in my 50 gallon RDWC. Since your plants are still just puppies I'd go much lighter. Peroxide at this strength is nothing to fool with. It will burn the heck out of your fingers and isnt easily washed off. It's also extremely hard on plants. I'd start slow.

If you see your plants perk up when peroxide is added, you will probably want to beef up you air bubbles a bit. When peroxide breaks down it turns to water, and Oxygen. It's the oxygen byproduct that your plants are digging. This is all just observational. If the parking up isnt obvious, than I wouldnt worry about it.

I use a ton of air in my rig. I've been told it's too much, that the roots will fall apart, but I regularly do pretty well including 2 plants 1 season that put out 27oz.

I used Z7 once. It foamed up like crazy, and ended up leaving a heavy white film like concrete destroying my float valve... Hydroguard

Probably the nutes u used or possibly to much z7, mine never foams much

Probably the nutes u used or possibly to much z7, mine never foams much
I'll never use it again. I have a very aggressive air pump, so that might have helped, but I'll never use it again, so I would never recommend it

I'll never use it again. I have a very aggressive air pump, so that might have helped, but I'll never use it again, so I would never recommend it

Only person I know who dosent like it

As long as it works and fixes the issue you for you. Sometimes one fix for someone isn't quite the same for others. Also you should always use a dual prong approach bacterial issues. But I didn't mean to start a debate. Just wanted to give the thread poster some useful information.

I use em both

Each do a bit different thing.... Especially nice in higher summer temps
If I ever needed more than Hydroguard then I did something wrong. I like it because its half the price of Z7. It's pretty popular to hear about how cheap Z7 is. I dont see it, Hydroguard lasts a heck of a lot longer, you dont need to add more every few days. I've probably gone 12-15 days with one application of Hydroguard without a recharge and no issue, Hydroguard doesnt foam up which is a huge deal breaker for me.

I just wanted to share the air I'm using in my rig. I use a linear pump that puts out 1300GPH. The tubs ar 17 gallons each. Its overkill, but works great

I'm glad Z7 works for you. It's just not for me

As long as it works and fixes the issue you for you. Sometimes one fix for someone isn't quite the same for others. Also you should always use a dual prong approach bacterial issues. But I didn't mean to start a debate. Just wanted to give the thread poster some useful information.
Your good. Christ is a good sport, we're both just pleading our case

Back
Top Bottom