Save my secret strain! Please

So I thought I would share my lazy cloning method with you .
For this u need a tub with a lid ,an ultrasonic mister and a humidity dome.

I cut the clones on a node at 45deg ( blunt scissors this time and it still works) try to use sharp though.
I put the clones in the mister I made and I wait.

That's it no need to mist as they're in a Mister.
IMG_20170721_092833.jpg
IMG_20170721_092836.jpg
IMG_20170721_092840.jpg
IMG_20170721_092845.jpg

When the plant you want to keep is done flowering ,reveg that plant ,now its going to be your mother plant to take clones from.

Harvest 90% of the plant ,make sure some leaves are left and put it on 24 on light schedule.

Aroma and taste .get some unsulphered blackstrap molasses.

You have 1 x600 and 2 x 400 w lights

To maximise your yield look into vertical growing .
You could have a veg room on 1 x400 and have a flower room with 1x400 and 1x600.

With 2 grow areas you simply veg 1 room while flowering the other ,as you go along harvests will get bigger and bigger .

Grafting . its easy split the plant on a node stick in the new shoot your grafting electric tape to seal but a j bag or oz bag over the graft ,snip off top corner mist in some water twice a day

Can you describe in more detail taking 90 of plant leaving some leaves. Lot of ways to do that. And as I said when I started, I need to save this strain. First harvest and man oh man oh man. It is so strong. I love it. I got to save it! I will be harvesting the flagship of the fleet. Plant I need (want) to mother. I want to do this with confidence not fear. More advice please and thank you.

Vertical growing? You mean tiered shelves? I don't understand. Sorry to bug.......

Can you describe in more detail taking 90 of plant leaving some leaves. Lot of ways to do that. And as I said when I started, I need to save this strain. First harvest and man oh man oh man. It is so strong. I love it. I got to save it! I will be harvesting the flagship of the fleet. Plant I need (want) to mother. I want to do this with confidence not fear. More advice please and thank you.

Vertical growing? You mean tiered shelves? I don't understand. Sorry to bug.......
No worries man, if you want to be extra carefull remove all the buds and leave as many leaves as possible in the process then put her under 24 hr light and give a dose of veg nutes.

With vertical growing you can hang a bulb without a reflector and surround that bulb with plants ,yes you can have 2 levels etc of plants if you like .

I wanted to thank all that came to my aid. It was very much appreciated. I managed to cut some clones. I chopped down the flagship of the fleet and am hoping she will mother for me. So again thank you all very much.

For novices like me. I thought might be nice to share a couple of my lessons learned. From my piss poor planning, sustained ignorance, and many blunders...(more to come)...Maybe someone else will read and avoid.

1. Don't pop ALL your seeds.
2. Have your space plotted out and don't try 4 or 5 strains unless you have a friggin barn. Most grow WAY different. Lights, finish time, etc. Creates much unneeded labor and mental strain. I had to stack stuff up and down daily like playing with Lego's...
3.Have a VEG/CLONE room/area set up for extended lighting when flowering starts.
4. Get a SCHEDULE (free online) for both feeding and maturity times.
5. PRACTICE cloning/cuttings from your house plants while seedlings/clones grow/veg.
6. CLEARLY label and log your clones origin. Plan for things like slot 4 died which was from plant 8 and replaced it with plant 2 since 4 was harvested....I have AADD forgive me... Anyway to a pea brain like me I got it all screwed u p in no time.
7. Not just clones. Date seed clone started. Time in veg.Flowering start, nutes feed. observed reaction, etc. is what I am doing moving forward.
8. Study and procure items needed for harvest, storage, etc. ahead of time
9.Learn about smells to expect, (like hay or grass which freaked my old white ass out!) RH desired, how to make nasty hay turn to yummy smoke, etc.
10. LEARN #9 well. I just did my first harvest...from seed...disabled..dead broke..dried plant...wonderful aroma turned to dirt weed smell, So I just learned I got to cure my harvest before it smells or tastes good....I WANT IT TO TASTE GOOD NOW DAMN IT!......So study number 9 subject well or you will regret it.

I will post more of my growing atrocities and lessons learned as I move on to phase two.....

P.S. PH very important.....

The smell of hay scared the shit out of me too after my first harvest - like WTF happened to my plants? I have found when I hang the plants whole upside down from the roof and let them dry slowly like that. Then the hay smell never comes and the final product will have more and better smell

I wanted to thank all that came to my aid. It was very much appreciated. I managed to cut some clones. I chopped down the flagship of the fleet and am hoping she will mother for me. So again thank you all very much.

For novices like me. I thought might be nice to share a couple of my lessons learned. From my piss poor planning, sustained ignorance, and many blunders...(more to come)...Maybe someone else will read and avoid.

1. Don't pop ALL your seeds.
2. Have your space plotted out and don't try 4 or 5 strains unless you have a friggin barn. Most grow WAY different. Lights, finish time, etc. Creates much unneeded labor and mental strain. I had to stack stuff up and down daily like playing with Lego's...
3.Have a VEG/CLONE room/area set up for extended lighting when flowering starts.
4. Get a SCHEDULE (free online) for both feeding and maturity times.
5. PRACTICE cloning/cuttings from your house plants while seedlings/clones grow/veg.
6. CLEARLY label and log your clones origin. Plan for things like slot 4 died which was from plant 8 and replaced it with plant 2 since 4 was harvested....I have AADD forgive me... Anyway to a pea brain like me I got it all screwed u p in no time.
7. Not just clones. Date seed clone started. Time in veg.Flowering start, nutes feed. observed reaction, etc. is what I am doing moving forward.
8. Study and procure items needed for harvest, storage, etc. ahead of time
9.Learn about smells to expect, (like hay or grass which freaked my old white ass out!) RH desired, how to make nasty hay turn to yummy smoke, etc.
10. LEARN #9 well. I just did my first harvest...from seed...disabled..dead broke..dried plant...wonderful aroma turned to dirt weed smell, So I just learned I got to cure my harvest before it smells or tastes good....I WANT IT TO TASTE GOOD NOW DAMN IT!......So study number 9 subject well or you will regret it.

I will post more of my growing atrocities and lessons learned as I move on to phase two.....

P.S. PH very important.....

The smell of hay scared the shit out of me too after my first harvest - like WTF happened to my plants? I have found when I hang the plants whole upside down from the roof and let them dry slowly like that. Then the hay smell never comes and the final product will have more and better smell

"No matter where you go there you are" Buckaroo Banzai

So how long till that rank smell goes away? When will I know that 1st harvest isn't "ruined"

Drying-I hope you mean the ceiling, I'm to old to be climbing up on the roof....man this is turning into a workout....guess I'm buying a ladder... lol

LOL!

When they feel dry on the outside, put them in jars, then burp them several times daily until the buds reach 62% humidity. You can test this with a small hygrometer in a jar. The smell will usually start to return after a week in the jars and the hay smell is completely gone after 2 weeks of curing

Here's how I dry mine. After 7-10 days they will be dry and they will already taste very close to the finished cured product. The leaves will cover the buds and protect the trichomes, and the drying will be slower and more even meaning you get to break down more of the stinky hay shit

harvest_00113.jpg

SWEET!

Actually my ghost town is already as tasty and looks better than buds I bought at dispensary parents). God is smiling. 1st few grams had about 15 tiny seeds. They all popped and I got a nice crop of Kush hybrid coming in. YUMBO. My (secret sauce super duper best smelling weed EVER) strain is responding slower but it is coming back.

Thanks so much. OH I am in the desert and don't have no fancy RH stuff. I'm going off 48 yrs experience smoking, and the feel when 1st opening jar. Bit crispy but not crumbly. Scientific ain't I....So am I buying a ladder?:cough:

No ladder :) Just keep in mind the slower you dry it, the better it will end up tasting. If you want to go scinentific about it, I recommend this thread where we're going scinentific into the art of drying and curing buds.

DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

SWEET!

Actually my ghost town is already as tasty and looks better than buds I bought at dispensary parents). God is smiling. 1st few grams had about 15 tiny seeds. They all popped and I got a nice crop of Kush hybrid coming in. YUMBO. My (secret sauce super duper best smelling weed EVER) strain is responding slower but it is coming back.

Thanks so much. OH I am in the desert and don't have no fancy RH stuff. I'm going off 48 yrs experience smoking, and the feel when 1st opening jar. Bit crispy but not crumbly. Scientific ain't I....So am I buying a ladder?:cough:

Synchronicity. My ride is a 94 Sedan DeVille

Bit late for this batch I fear. Will not achieve desired bouquet. Have another harvest in four weeks. I want to get this process down BEFORE I damage next crop too. Some instructions seem to oppose each other. If I am understanding correctly steps should be:

1. Cut plant, hang upside down (from roof/ceiling hehe) in cool dark place. Small to medium plants dry very quickly, in 3 to 5 days. (desert low RH damn near all the time, should I ADD humidity to slow process??)
2. Wait until bud stems -almost snap- (many say when they snap)
3. Trim and jar? Trim and place in paper bags? (Which is it or both>)
3.Burp jars. I have read and been told from 5 min to 30 min. From once a day to every couple hours. From 1 week to 3 months. Staggering the range folks "swear by" on this site.
4.. Now the fridge??? Do you put your harvest in the fridge? I don't get that, would absorb every odor and flavor in there. I would think)

What is your opinion on the 62% packs you put in jars? If thumbs up how and when to use them properly.

I have fairly severe AADD, information does not register correctly. Takes me multiple times reading (difficult), touching, and doing to learn.

Sorry to be a bug. Could you reply with a bullet point simply worded on your personal COMPLETE dry/cure process. This "fridge" stuff. Is counter intuitive and goes against all I have heard/know/experienced. When I go out on these threads I get lost. Hate most technology and it ALL hates me.

I really appreciate your time sir. I wish you lived close so I could bring you a couple clones. I am 61 yrs. old. Lived around globe. 1st smoked age 12 lived in Panama City Panama, yup Panama Red. Later Asia etc. Thai stick, ONE (honey oils), Morocco and Lebanon finest hash. Was there for the onset of "sensimilla" becoming buzz word and "high times" 1st issue when names started becoming "fancy" like Manokotok Thunderfuck (some Alaskan native named town, that was like 45years ago). Smoked Acapulco Gold, Oaxacan, Afghanie, Maui Wowie, several unknown strains from Africa. I have tried most hybrid strains dispensary's offer. "God's Nectar", (think I will name strain that) I am saving is easily the best smelling and tasting I have EVER smoked. It's like sipping a #1 multi award wining top shelf fruity but earthy red wine. The taste wine snobs love. It is a killer straight Indica that has the ability to just get you higher and higher to almost shroom or mescaline feeling. vast majority of strains will plateau quickly and additional smoke is just wasted. Would bring if I could. Thanks again.

Matthew

Thanks for your time and attention.

Your being bugged cause you are the only person responding.......

And if OK with you I would like to reach out in another grow or two. Will need guidance on how to produce seeds from females. I was told that is possible. At that point I can truly say I have saved this strain. Many people in the future will thank me.

Not done deal yet. Odds good to 100% though.

I took 10 clones/cuttings last Friday. No roots yet guy at grow shop said can take up to 19 days. They look pretty perky.

Took them from my last plant. Due to my inexperience I stumble into chit backwards. When started flowering I wanted to save on for clones. So I grabbed one took it out of flower room. It turned bisex. Has gone back to a regular female being outside with days getting a bit shorter. YEAH. white hairs every node.

Took flagship and cropped at harvest to ab out 10 inches. Trunk just gnarly mass of bud, a ring of dense green. 4 bottom branches budded at end. Again guy from grow looked at it advised cut that way. Getting full sun all day and in flower at night. He says will start mother in 6-weeks no prob....I don't count birds in the bush.

Last but not least what I thought was all ghost town had hidden 1 last beauty. I had 8 seeds, they were old, few pop right away then I went to scuff, then 24 hour soak till viable sunk, then scuff 1 last time and bingo all 8. I forgot this was over a 6 week period.

If I screw this up it ain't meant to be.

I so appreciate the experience that came to my aide. Sincerely. Thanks folks!

Oh, you should have seen the tops of this ambrosia. I will work on computer and phone stuff so I can post pictures like others do. Seeing is believing, but tasting is more fun!

Back
Top Bottom