Scooterb's 1st Closet Grow 2012

Osmocote Plus arrived in my morning mail :woohoo:

Count the total in the bag they had 27 not 25 :thumb:
0021158.JPG

How I added to each of the 3 pots:
1. Placed 1 tablet into freezer bag and used small hammer to break up.
2. Spread back soil from around the stalk & emptied bag evening out nicely.
3. Added 1 full solo cup FoxFarms Potting Soil and spread out all over looks nice.
4. When to water?

The plant was dry enough so add now or wait? will look forward to any tips.
Also open to suggestions on what I could add before/during flower. Still adding SuperThrive every 3rd watering.

did it tell you to grind up that OC?

did it tell you to grind up that OC?

Doesn't say fish...

An exact, pre-measured dosage for complete nutrition. Osmocote® Plus Tablets provide continuous plant nutrition with just a single application, giving your plants what they need, when they need it. Osmocote® Plus Tablets free you from the danger of dosage errors. Formulation: 15-8-11 plus minors. Will last 8-9 months in your greenhouse. Great for all potted plants including hanging baskets, interiorscapes and landscapes. These 7.5 gram tablets are a combination of Osmocote® controlled release fertilizer and Micromax® micronutrient technology.
(Use one tablet per 5” pot.) I think they'll be fine myself, in 3 gallon pots these tablets are 1 for each 5" pot.

Hi scooter,
Plants looking good.

Not sure on how to use them with cannabis as i've only used them with my fruit plants, but as they time release and last for 8-9 month , how will you flush the medium at the end? Are they sold for use with cannabis plants?

OMM or ClosetFarmer may be the ones to ask about the flush or how they do it.
I rekon you could do the celery flush tho. you just stick em in a vase or bowl of water for a few days and keep changing the water. after the chop of course :)

Recalculated they are as of today, 61-63 days old. Will switch to 12/12 once I can determine the sex on all 3. :;):
Thanks for stopping by wyrman :welcome:

Scooter, most likely, your plants aren't going to show sex until after you put them in 12/12. If you keep them in veg, they're only going to get bigger and bigger. Once in 12/12 they'll show sex within the first two weeks.

Will take some pics and measurements and post here.
Already have 2 6500k cfl bulbs so I can set my timer and go for it when ready.

Thanks for the info Kush :thumb:

Hey, no problem Scooter!

I vegged my girls for 5 weeks. Most were about 14" tall and had no preflowers at all when I flipped them. 10 days later all 5 of my plants showed their sex, even the runt which was only 8" tall when flipped.

I wish I had the space to veg for 9 weeks. Your girls are going to be monsters!

12/12 sounds good they are going to stretch quite abit for 2 or 3 weeks then you might want to think about DLS for lighting. I do that and have been real happy with it:)

The one plant I thought was male turned out to be just that...on one side a 4 cluster looked like seeds and the other side one by itself. I pinched off the loner and googled for images and sure nuff...He Gone! :rip:

Ooh, I know the feeling Scooter. :sorry: for your loss.

Still no batteries but here's an update...

After doing some reading on here I decided to try 2 things.

1. I did the Lollipop on both (thanks KushMeister) and ended up with 2 nice clones from the largest of the 2 gals.

2. I used 2 1L rinsed out tea jugs and cut them to 5 1/2 in height - like a hempy (thanks 420fied) but with soil. (wish I had thought of this b4 could have bought some vermiculite and perlite) Both sit in a dome lid upside down.

The clones droop and I cross my fingers they perk up in the morning after they were dipped in cloning powder. Also placed an OC+ tablet ontop of 1 inch soil at bottom of 1Ls. Poured in a full cup of soil then inserted clone and finally filled to top of container with soil. Watered both adding just a tiny drop of SuperThrive to perk up.

Day 3 of flowering and see pistols on the 2nd plant already. Hope to add new pics tomorrow :peace:

Day 5 of flowering and more pistols can be seen. 1 of the clones went limp on me and was tossed.
Wound up ordering 2 Twin Light Socket Adapters and they shipped within an hour of ordering.
Once I know exact ETA will shoot over to LOWE's for 2 more 65w CFLs (6500k) for added lighting.
Hopefully I will remember to get bro-in-law to grab me some AA batteries for my camera outta his work van.
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom