Scrog: tops too close together?

Sonman

Hi, I'm on my first grow in DWC, I'm growing California hash plant , a very tight node indica. I tried to scrog the best I could. My 3x3 is about 75 % filled and I flipped a week ago. Below the screen is almost all cleaned out. It basically a canopy of tops. The concern I have is that many of the tops are really close almost an inch apart. 1/2 developed new fan leaves quickly shade out other tops. And not that a few new nodes are coming yo the also have side branches wanting to grow.
So my question is, should I remove the side branches tips if the have no place to go or just let it go and keep trimming the fan leaves back? Right now I'm folding what I can back down under the canopy to prevent too much damage and only trimming what shades bud sites. There are no pistols yet. @ day 8 of flip. Growth seemed to slow a bit when getting it all settled in the scrog and seem to finally kicked back in. Now I like to leave it and just let it grow but I'm afraid it will get too thick.
Any recommendations would be appreciated.
In the pic, the right side has 2x the tops they all have not come up through, the nodes are just tighter and it grows a bit slower. The left seems ok and better spaced
. 1734758

Your about a 2 weeks ahead of me. Nice looking grow, going to be interesting reading the ScrOG net comments. I am trying to decide what I will do when the time comes my plants are short ;)

And welcome ;)

Good ol scrogs. My answer to your question would be your in flower, at this point taking off fans that shade is all you can really do. A trick For a slow growing plant over others is to lift it up closer to net then others to help keep it caught up but that is done before flipping to 12/12. Now for a nice scrog after your last net tuck on plants is to give them all one or two weeks to turn up and begin growth then flip 12. Really what it will come down to no matter how much you read or watch videos every scrog grow will be different and I mean every single one. Plants never grow the same just close to how they done before . The learning you will get each time will be priceless. You are a little to far ahead and in flower mode for me to give you different ideas to change how the net is filled. I will tell you another thing about scrogging. The more you know your plants the better your nets will be. A must to know how your plants grow to be able to lst, top and scrog the plants into the nets. I will also recommend putting a second net six or seven inches above your bottom net. Using two is the way to go. Bottom net trains plant and top net support all the buds from falling over. Hope I said something to help. Been a scrog jedi for many years and a huge fan of any I see being used. Take car wish you the best.
:passitleft:

Yeah dude looking great! I agree, maybe remove some fans on day 21 and 42 like me to help with airflow and light penetration.....in flower of course.
Heres a pic after a defoliation, with a 2 net scrog 10" apart as @CO Finest suggested.

Good ol scrogs. My answer to your question would be your in flower, at this point taking off fans that shade is all you can really do. A trick For a slow growing plant over others is to lift it up closer to net then others to help keep it caught up but that is done before flipping to 12/12. Now for a nice scrog after your last net tuck on plants is to give them all one or two weeks to turn up and begin growth then flip 12. Really what it will come down to no matter how much you read or watch videos every scrog grow will be different and I mean every single one. Plants never grow the same just close to how they done before . The learning you will get each time will be priceless. You are a little to far ahead and in flower mode for me to give you different ideas to change how the net is filled. I will tell you another thing about scrogging. The more you know your plants the better your nets will be. A must to know how your plants grow to be able to lst, top and scrog the plants into the nets. I will also recommend putting a second net six or seven inches above your bottom net. Using two is the way to go. Bottom net trains plant and top net support all the buds from falling over. Hope I said something to help. Been a scrog jedi for many years and a huge fan of any I see being used. Take car wish you the best.
:passitleft:
So im new as well my plant is 18 days old. Do i start LST? when i bend it over do i make it stay down now or do i just bend a little couple times a day to train? Also my tent is 2x2x4 so i have to scrog. Or learn how lol.how far above soil do i put net?

To Start LST, I generally wait until I have a few leaves on each stem and then I use long hook shaped pieces of electrical wire and stick them directly down into my soil. When the plants get big enough, and you can no longer use your soil as the anchor, I have holes punched in the corners of my pots to Aid in keeping them down. You can start training as early as you like, it's good to start early to get a good sense of what's going on with your girls and how they will behave. Be very careful though, young plants and old plants alike can snap at their joints, but even if they do they are very resilient if you take them back together..... As ghetto as that sounds.

A scrog is not a shit load of plants under a screen thats just supports. A scrog is for small area to maximize your a plant or 2 under the screen hint training the plant to lay down under the net. This way you get multiple tops . This scrog is 5ft X 2.5ft 2five gsl. Fabric bags only 2 plants 4weeks of training them . 75percent of screen was covered then i flipped 12-12 .:Namaste:

A scrog is not a shit load of plants under a screen thats just supports. A scrog is for small area to maximize your a plant or 2 under the screen hint training the plant to lay down under the net. This way you get multiple tops . This scrog is 5ft X 2.5ft 2five gsl. Fabric bags only 2 plants 4weeks of training them . 75percent of screen was covered then i flipped 12-12 .:Namaste:
Thanks guys. Scrogster. That a sweet set up. I can only fit 2 plants in my tent i got 2x2x4. So scrog is my only option. I'm gonna start training tonight. Thanks so much

. Be very careful though, young plants and old plants alike can snap at their joints, but even if they do they are very resilient if you take them back together..... As ghetto as that sounds.
Yeah I broke my plant a few times learning. I wired a few back and they healed very well. The 2 bigger pieces are clones as a result. If I like the strains I might put them back in next round otherwise will be a gift for someone's summer outside grow.
Friends were telling me my dwc would make then flimsy. Once I topped at 3 nodes the stalk became so thick and rigid it was hard to scrog. Plant only a few week s only had stalks as thick as his 4 month crop. I'm thinking I' may not be so aggressive on the tops for almost pure indica strains , next time, I'll save that for my hybrids.

Ok so ive got my light as far up as i can in the tent. Its a 2x2x4 so that's why i got no choice but in pumped to learn. I love the learning. So how far up should i put the net from the medium? Not this grow. This grow theyre 3 small plants (autos) My next grow i got some tangerine dream.

Back
Top Bottom