Second Grow - LED - HPS - CFL - Soil - Normal & SCROG - 5x UK Cheese & 10x Random

Todays update:

Hi every one! will show you guys some pics of my randoms, found two males today, still got 8 randoms left, three of them im pretty sure are female.

Going to starv my plants for 3 days or so to really dry up the soil, having trouble keeping down the RH seems i gotta get me a dehumidifyer maybe.

but i set my venting fans on max now so it might help a bit, the weather here dont really help atm, super humid =/.

here's a Cheese flower

DSC001419.JPG

Well, i managed to mess up the order i had to know wich were random and not, but here are some photos of randoms (i think).
DSC002514.JPG
DSC002020.JPG
DSC001826.JPG
DSC001620.JPG

and here are the two males that i killed today.
DSC003415.JPG
DSC003310.JPG
DSC003127.JPG
DSC003017.JPG

Man.. i gotta buy a macro lens for my camera thats for sure!

HPS vs LED's?

LED's for sure!!! man are these lights awsome or what!

can really start to see the difference of led's and hps..

The flowers under the HPS are kinda small and not so fast growing (might be my hps bulb that are running its second grow from seed to smoke, changing it after this run)

The ones under the LED light are 3x the size of the HPS buds, and man they are frosty to! was not expecting this big of a difference :D

going to buy 3 more of these lights!! will add some pics on monday or so =)

Hi and welcome Herb!

Ofcourse m8! every one is welcome here. Might not be able to give you alot of tips on the SCROG method, this is my first time and im only using a 125w CFl for me 1x1m screen, get some light on it from the hps but not much. But i will do my best with the tips =)
Anything specific you're thinking about ?

Hi and welcome Herb!

Ofcourse m8! every one is welcome here. Might not be able to give you alot of tips on the SCROG method, this is my first time and im only using a 125w CFl for me 1x1m screen, get some light on it from the hps but not much. But i will do my best with the tips =)
Anything specific you're thinking about ?

hey cheesus yeh mate would like to give it a go myself!
maybe ill watch as you go and see some of the teknique you use and incorparate it into mine!
ive followed a few scrogg grows b4 but everyone seems to do it slightly different in there own way!
whats the best way to train them to set them up for the scrogg? would i be rite in thinking you grow it into a bushy shape put the screen over and when the branches grow through you then pull them back under and place them in the next hole moving
them outwards towards the edges of the screen! maybe i dont know! think ill just follow yours and maybe 1 or 2 more grows b4
i give it a go myself lol! cheerz lad...peace..

hey cheesus yeh mate would like to give it a go myself!
maybe ill watch as you go and see some of the teknique you use and incorparate it into mine!
ive followed a few scrogg grows b4 but everyone seems to do it slightly different in there own way!
whats the best way to train them to set them up for the scrogg? would i be rite in thinking you grow it into a bushy shape put the screen over and when the branches grow through you then pull them back under and place them in the next hole moving
them outwards towards the edges of the screen! maybe i dont know! think ill just follow yours and maybe 1 or 2 more grows b4
i give it a go myself lol! cheerz lad...peace..

The main reason i made a scrog at all was that one of my plants was really behind in size, even thou it was the same age, it dident really seem to grow like the others. so i just bought a plastic screen and put it over the plant, to the point were i almost snap the main stem of, and then started to tie her down in to the screen. scroggin is really a cool way of growing, you dont need to think about hight problems, extra support for branches. Only thing is that it will need to be tie down every other day or third, depending on strain etc.

Start small, and try it out and go from there, thats my advice. scrogging is no harder then any other way of growing, just a little bit more work. use a super size pot min 10gal if u wanna use one plant for 1x1m screen, otherwise the plant will be rootbound before your turn her to flower.

Check out Jon705's journal, hes doing scroggs with great succes (My First Grow Journal-Holy Grail Kush- Purple Kush 6x12 Scrog 4 x 600W LEDs On Movers)

Peace
Cheese

Hmmz, what might this be ? thinking Magnesium def, or can it be that they were to close to the LED light, perhaps to intense light.

Sry for bad pics, took them with my phone.

Have a look (only some of the tops on the ones under the LED, not all, just a couple)
IMG_039216.JPG

here are some others.
IMG_039116.JPG
IMG_039019.JPG
IMG_038916.JPG
IMG_038715.JPG
IMG_038814.JPG

Will get you guys some with my other camera during the week.

Thanks
/Cheese

Re: Got some problem i guess!

Solved the above issue. Light bleach, and an early Magnesium def.

- Raised the led panel, a bit.
- Flushed plants, and ran a stronger nute sulotion then usual right after with some extra Gold label Mg+.
- New setup of nutes.
changed AN Budfactor X for AN Big buds.

Upped the EC to 1.35 and they like it! aiming for 1.75 in two weeks

Soooo, onwards we go!

Today was the time for a haircut, again!

man, that scrog was a killer, took ages to defoliate it, and the LED's even worse! haha.
this would have been a fulldays of work if i had to do it alone. took me and my buddy about 3 hours give or take 15min.

here's some pics showing before and after =)

LED/HPS/CFL-(scrog) before their new haircut

pre.JPG
pre11.JPG
pre21.JPG

pretty bushy those LED one's.

and this is how much we trimmed of!

fl7.JPG

was about 2kg/4pounds.

Here's how they turned out =)

aft2.JPG
aft.JPG
aft4.JPG
aft3.JPG

can really see how much different its gona make! the LED light are really hitting the sweet spot now =)

Sup fellow tokers!

Quick "update"

cant really give any info of the babes, i'm on holydays in indonesia atm and just soaking up some sun =) but my baby sitter tells me thing are going smothly back at home. will be nice to see how much they've changed since i left, not seeing them in 24 days will be a big difference i hope :D.

Quick question doh,

When they are starting to fatten up, are they getting much more thirsty then the first 3-4 weeks? the sitter are telling me that they do look like they could use some extra water.

I'm running a pretty dry watering schedule for the time im gone, watering once a day on monday, wednsday and once on friday, about 1litre each time, had to change after defoliation cos i got to much runoff. and the sitter dont really know how to config the timers for the water, think they will survive anyways or will it hurt them in some way to be thirsty? hes going to give them a manual feed on saturday for as long as i will be gone.

Thats it for now! will get some sweet pics when i get back home for us to drool on =) happy times m8s

Ps!!

For those who are in to LED's or are on the edge, mainly cos the price!

dont worry, i've got me a fresh contact in hongkong that mass produce led grow lights, that will costumize them after your needs with wattage, size, led types, spectrums etc. Have yet to order anything, but will do after i get home and then i will see how they work and share the info to every one who wants some!! they are not expensive at all! i manage to get the 400w ones with full spectrum setup (8 different spectrums) for about 286usd each, world wide shipping with DHL for about 200usd depending on where you wanna ship!

and they build them with consoles so its easy to replace anthing that might break.

more on this later! just a thought =)

get up and wake and bake
image579.jpg

LEDs grow at work did grow sone nice buds ( the plant has to be wright under lights ) the buds on the out side never got very big only got a lb off of 4 lights

now im growing with 1 1000 HPS lights the buds are 6" from the light thy are air cooled and growing some nice fat buds i have a veg room 8x8 feet big my bud room is 12x13feet

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Late, but better then never i would say ;P

So how did it go?

well for starters the water pump broke so it only ran at half preassure or so, so 1 plant died for me, one under the hps light :(

i dont got any pictures of the product but it dident turn out as i was hoping, my Gf's brother passed away during our vaccation so had to fly back home half way in the trip, so i didnt really pay that much attention to my babes during their last weeks.

the smoke was a easy smoke, not harsh in anyway. tasted not as good as the first cheese and they got pollinated by my Typhoon (i think) so i got like 15-30 seeds (wich are now growing with jack herrer, great white shark and white rhino!

how much did i get u say?

well, i got ~1lb dried and cured bud from this run (468grams)

from the 125w SCROG i tested i got mostly popcorns and good trimm for keif making ;)
it yielded about 35g dry.

the one plant that did survive under the hps gave me around 180grams dry, have to count that the bulb had been used for about 16weeks before i did this run, and then it vegged for 4.5 months with the same light + 9weeks of flower.
that isnt all bad i must say!

and the LED plants..

they were a bitch to cut down! those two plants gave me about 250grams dry bud. but like 2/3s of the plants were all popcorn cos the light cold not penetrate all the leafs in the top, more keif :D:D!!

the bid difference with LED vs HPS was the density of the buds, the high was the same, but the smoke was better from the hps.

if u want crystals like crazy! add CFL's for side/extra lighting with your hps and it will make wonders for your looks!

hope that this first journal was of any help for my fellow tokers out there!

i will be back with a new setup, will do a SOG with all hps.

its up and running allready but havent got any good resent pics for you yet!

thanks every one that have answered any questions i had, and to those who wrote ALOT of good journals/tutorials/facts etc.

THANK YOU!

much love from Cheesus

Back
Top Bottom