Second Grow With New 4x4 Indoor Tent Build

They just woke up.

Temperature and RH look good. I changed the camera angle. I got a 12" x 36" piece of wood and laid it across the front buckets.
Untitled-2.jpg

Picture from this morning. It looks like I can maintain temps under 87 F with RH above 55%. A little high on the temp but outside temps will be lowering next week so it should be getting better.

Untitled-1.jpg

Looks like it's all working out in the end!

I know you were a bit worried about it, but it looks like things are going to be just fine in the long run. I wanted to apologize for over-helping/over-suggesting/over-stepping previously. It wasn't my intent to blow it out of proportion, but merely to data dump as many options as possible, and maybe one would work.

When it's your journal, and someone comes in and spits out a laundry list of ideas, it can sometimes be annoying. I got a bit excited in trying to give you ideas, and should have minded my manners in your thread. :)

Looks like it's all working out in the end!

I know you were a bit worried about it, but it looks like things are going to be just fine in the long run. I wanted to apologize for over-helping/over-suggesting/over-stepping previously. It wasn't my intent to blow it out of proportion, but merely to data dump as many options as possible, and maybe one would work.

When it's your journal, and someone comes in and spits out a laundry list of ideas, it can sometimes be annoying. I got a bit excited in trying to give you ideas, and should have minded my manners in your thread. :)
Not a problem. I appreciate feedback of any kind. I helps create ideas.

I am going to do a little test tomorrow or late today to see how easily I can lower the water height to 1" below the basket. This will allow air in that space which is important for healthy growth. Because of the hump in the pipe from the reservoir I may be limited to how low I can go without issues. If I can't get the water low enough I am I am going to raise all the buckets which means draining all the water. It will use up some more nutes but it's important I can provide the 1" space.

Note for anyone looking to do this setup. I would suggest using 13 gal buckets which are taller than the 8 gal. This will allow for the space needed between the basket and the water level.

How much of a height difference between where it's at and where you want it to sit? I would think that from the monitor stand already raising it a good bit, that getting an inch or two should work.

It's been a while since I last watched Gary's vid on that setup, but isn't the water level an inch above the bottom of the net pot by default?

I think adding one more 1 1/2" adapters should work. I'm guessing I am about 1" to high on the hump. 1 1/2" should allow me to be turn the pipe so the top of the hump is less than 7" from the bottom. It will also depend on how much I can turn the pipe since i could run up against the hole requiring me to push all the interior buckets back more.

Damn that hump! lol

I went ahead and made mine tall enough that the bottom of the pipe was just tall enough to sit right on it. Of course I then had to zig zag it a tick so it would actually go out. The return pipe was a little too forward to go straight out, but it is what it is.

I am still of firm belief that I should have just bought the same system you did. I've blew way too much doing it on my own. Probably a 35%-40% diff, and that doesn't include my time it's ate up.

Not that I'm not happy with what I'm putting together, but I could have skipped wanting all the isolation stuff and probably still been ok. (I could have got extra buckets, and just turned a site into a DWC and moved the lid and plant over.)

Damn that hump! lol

I went ahead and made mine tall enough that the bottom of the pipe was just tall enough to sit right on it. Of course I then had to zig zag it a tick so it would actually go out. The return pipe was a little too forward to go straight out, but it is what it is.

I am still of firm belief that I should have just bought the same system you did. I've blew way too much doing it on my own. Probably a 35%-40% diff, and that doesn't include my time it's ate up.

Not that I'm not happy with what I'm putting together, but I could have skipped wanting all the isolation stuff and probably still been ok. (I could have got extra buckets, and just turned a site into a DWC and moved the lid and plant over.)
We learn something new every time we do these. Unfortunately as you mentioned we spend more money than we should have.

Lookin so good! Love that hydro speed, huh?!

We learn something new every time we do these. Unfortunately as you mentioned we spend more money than we should have.

Yep, we sure do. Could be worse hobbies I suppose. :D

Might want to put a cover over the pebbles and around the stem. It's amazing how much light can still sneak thru the clay. Looking good!

Day 10

Roots are starting to grow out of the basket so I reduced the water level. I was planning to test the system to see if lowering the water to 7" would be able to balance today anyway.

IMG-0957.jpg

I lowered the water to 7" inches, about an inch below the basket.
IMG-0974.jpg

IMG-0960.jpg

I also took some pictures with the lights off using a flash. The leaves looked pail under the LEDs so I was curious. With the flash the leaves are a deeper green.
PNT_1520.jpg

PNT_1524.jpg

The 4th node is just starting to show. The nodes are very tight maybe too tight.

PNT_1510.jpg

Back
Top Bottom