Second Grow With New 4x4 Indoor Tent Build

In the 90s until Mid November. The desert stays warmer longer. After mid November it looks like 80s and some 70s highs coming soon. Speaking of highs. I just got back from my trip and need some medication. :bongrip:

Day 7

I have the door open and the humidifier on high. It's at 82 F and 43% RH. Still working on the RH. I have the small humidifier to put in the tent coming tomorrow.

Updated photos

Kosher Kush - Indica
PNT_1487.jpg

Cinderella 99 - Sativa
PNT_1490.jpg

In the 90s until Mid November. The desert stays warmer longer. After mid November it looks like 80s and some 70s highs coming soon. Speaking of highs. I just got back from my trip and need some medication. :bongrip:

Glad you're back safe and sound.

Your temp thing is crazy, but shouldn't be too hard to handle you would think.

With a temp and low humidity issue, a swamp cooler may be the end result. It would cool the temps a bit, plus add moisture to the air.

Is the window sealed up so light isn't leaking in? That will contribute to a rise in temp in the room too. My office windows face south, and even with the blinds drawn, it can really warm up the room. If I were to even crack the blinds a bit, it would be way too toasty in here.

I'd say venting out the window would be a good start, but then the air that is leaving has to be replaced by air coming in, and well, you're back to the same issue.

But... and I'm not sure how your house is set up or if you would prefer to keep it as isolated as possible (from nosy company, etc), but you could rig something up where you crack the door, and run the exhaust out through there, but also have a fresh air intake coming in as well. Then seal up the rest of the door with a sheet or something. Wouldn't be exactly pretty, but flexible enough that if company were coming over you could slide it in and shut the door again.

Or with the additional humidifier, maybe just leaving the door open will work.

🤷

To make this simple. Can not have anything that is visible outside of the house because of Association rules. Can not run anything out of the window for the same reasons and my $1000 plantation shutters would be damaged or removed to access the window opening plus it would still be visible by the neighbor and not approved. Can not put AC in there. The house already has AC. Room AC requires a vent to the outside which would cause more damage to the house by putting holes in the walls which lead to the outside or needs access out the window. See window reason above. Since it is legal in my state to purchase Marijuana for personal use adding more expense doesn't make sense. This is a hobby.

Thanks for the advise but venting or cooling the room requiring and exhaust port out of the room or anything visible from the outside won't work in my case. My other choice is a ceiling vent. This will require an outside contractor. I am not physically able to climb in the attic anymore and I really don't want someone in the room while it's set up legal or not.

To make this simple. Can not have anything that is visible outside of the house because of Association rules. Can not run anything out of the window for the same reasons and my $1000 plantation shutters would be damaged or removed to access the window opening plus it would still be visible by the neighbor and not approved. Can not put AC in there. The house already has AC. Room AC requires a vent to the outside which would cause more damage to the house by putting holes in the walls which lead to the outside or needs access out the window. See window reason above. Since it is legal in my state to purchase Marijuana for personal use adding more expense doesn't make sense. This is a hobby.

Thanks for the advise but venting or cooling the room requiring and exhaust port out of the room or anything visible from the outside won't work in my case. My other choice is a ceiling vent. This will require an outside contractor. I am not physically able to climb in the attic anymore and I really don't want someone in the room while it's set up legal or not.

Makes perfect sense. Dang those pesky HOA's. :D

Seriously though, I get it. 80 isn't the end of the world, and as you said earlier the temps will come down from the 90's outside before much longer. Once it's nice outside it probably won't be an issue, so whatever you can do to keep it in check as much as possible til then.

Ya damn that sucks man, maybe a fan in the lung room itself? I hear that even a little bit of air movement cools things down noticeably

My first grow had temps in the low 90s often and it came out fine.I want to get the most out of this grow and will be happy at 85 F. It's the RH that is more of a concern right now. I got the humidifier so I will have that up after my lights go back on in 3 hours.

Thanks for all the input.

Day 8

I added the small humidifier in the tent. Hopefully in the morning the RH will be higher.

Today's Pics

Untitled-1.jpg

PNT_1497.jpg

PNT_1495.jpg
My dude I’ve read every post and I’m not leaving this journey anytime, can you build a time machine that runs on dank? Cause I can’t wait to see the results of this grow.....beautiful

I added the small humidifier in the tent. Hopefully in the morning the RH will be higher.

What speed is your exhaust running? If it's full blast, you could slow it down a good bit since the plants are still small. In turn that should keep the humidity up a bit as it isn't getting sucked out as fast.

What speed is your exhaust running? If it's full blast, you could slow it down a good bit since the plants are still small. In turn that should keep the humidity up a bit as it isn't getting sucked out as fast.
I have it set pretty low.

This mornings pic
Untitled-1.jpg
I've gotta add a few cameras to my home security system.... Your updates have me sold.

I'd been thinking it for awhile, you just set that decision in stone.
:thanks:

I've gotta add a few cameras to my home security system.... Your updates have me sold.

I'd been thinking it for awhile, you just set that decision in stone.
:thanks:
It is really convenient to just look at the plants on my computer or tablet.

It is really convenient to just look at the plants on my computer or tablet.

But! But! All the haX0rs will steal your shit! :rolleyes:

(Some people are just overly paranoid. :laugh::laugh:)

I have it set pretty low.

Looking pretty good now at 58%! :thumb:

But the really good news? When it comes time to cut it back, you're good!

Looking pretty good now at 58%! :thumb:

But the really good news? When it comes time to cut it back, you're good!
I have had the door closed all night. Let's see how the temp looks through out the day.

Back
Top Bottom