See trichomes

Is there another way to see trichomes without a magnifying glass? or binoculars?

if you have a digital camera you can down load pics to your computer than zoom in on the bud to see your trichs. at least this is what I do:peace:

Fish cake,
Can u see the colors the same way u see them through a handheld microscope via uploading and zooming in? That sounds like a very creative method.
Well sir, I think that I can. seeing that I dont have a microscope to compare it to. but you have seen pics here that have been taken with a camera and they show trichs very well . that said I have a coulple pics that I have gone by and have been more than happy with the finished product.if you have looked at other members pics I think that they have been takin by a camera. so thats how I have done it. to each is their own.( not that I have posted on Oprah) lol. you can look at my pics in the gallery thats how I judge.:circle-of-love:

Yeah that's what I'm having to do for now... and my cam's not the greatest but on macro setting it can decent enough pics to give me an idea. Also using a camera w/ macro lens (or setting) AND a handheld magnifying glass can get you a little closer.

I'm picking up a 60x-100x illuminated pocket microscope at some point this weekend since I'm getting down to the 2 week mark on my first ladies, we'll see how it works out. When in doubt, save the receipt...

Yeah that's what I'm having to do for now... and my cam's not the greatest but on macro setting it can decent enough pics to give me an idea. Also using a camera w/ macro lens (or setting) AND a handheld magnifying glass can get you a little closer.

I'm picking up a 60x-100x illuminated pocket microscope at some point this weekend since I'm getting down to the 2 week mark on my first ladies, we'll see how it works out. When in doubt, save the receipt...
spent a but load on my wifes camera,many lenses and what. I got it so thats what Im gonna use. I feel good about it. but thats me. hell I barely know how to grow much less take pics. lol so anyway try it and see if you are happy and go from there:cheer:

The scope is only like $12 at a very-well-known electronics component supply chain and should be in-stock locally (at least according to their website), heading over to the store in a while to check price. So if it works even half-assed (like great view @ 50x) it'd still be worth the price to me... We'll see. :grinjoint:

The scope is only like $12 at a very-well-known electronics component supply chain and should be in-stock locally (at least according to their website), heading over to the store in a while to check price. So if it works even half-assed (like great view @ 50x) it'd still be worth the price to me... We'll see. :grinjoint:

Im sure that it will be worth what you pay for. I just happen to be kinda cheap and gonna use what I got. hope it works for you bro:love: just saying I got it so thats what I use:peace:

I just spent the $12 bucks + the cost of AAA batteries for he handheld microscope. My 1st one was a freebie from the grow shop. They work well for judging trichs to harvest (at least for me), but I'm reading u guys' posts and learning. I feel like if it works for U, why change up? Thanks for the info u guys.

Awesome, so I picked up the MicroMax last nite, $12 + AAA's and definitely worth the price. Still working out the ideal zoom/focus level for spotting the trichs on calyxes, took me a few minutes of screwing with it to figure out I was so close I was actually scoping the trichs on the PISTILS... Oops.

And the inverted image is a little frustrating when the scope is handheld and mobile (but that's how *any* microscope is), hard to get used to moving in the opposite direction you want to see, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. Highly recommended tho... :grinjoint: :peace:

You can try looking through a camera lens (slr) backwards. I have a 28mm wide angle that I use backwards and it is exceptionally clear.

Awesome, so I picked up the MicroMax last nite, $12 + AAA's and definitely worth the price. Still working out the ideal zoom/focus level for spotting the trichs on calyxes, took me a few minutes of screwing with it to figure out I was so close I was actually scoping the trichs on the PISTILS... Oops.

And the inverted image is a little frustrating when the scope is handheld and mobile (but that's how *any* microscope is), hard to get used to moving in the opposite direction you want to see, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. Highly recommended tho... :grinjoint: :peace:

yeah went yesterday and got one at rs. it does take some getting used to.but for 12 bucks its a cool toy:peace:

yeah went yesterday and got one at rs. it does take some getting used to.but for 12 bucks its a cool toy:peace:

I know this is an old thread, but i just wanted to add that i just tried to check with my binoculars (using them backward) on my girls and it does work. i can clearly see the trichs through the binoculars that i have. learn something new everyday. i figured lurkers might find this information useful.
Cheers,
Midnyte

Back
Top Bottom