Seedlings In Trouble: Please Help

WMG5795

420 Member

I'm using fox farm happy frog soil LED light about 6-8 inches from light I thought I might have over watered but I'm not sure now i was watering 2-3 times a day now I do it about twice and less I just get the top soil decently wet and there all about 2weeks except 2nd too last pic she's only 3 days and the last pic the plant has brown spot as you see and hard to tell but has a little bit of purple on the leaves not sure means anything. It was around 78-82 degrees but I'm trying keep it around 72-77 degrees Its been about 5 days since I diagnosed it with over watering but now I'm not sure if that's what's going since I haven't seen a bounce back

You can't simply say "I'm using a LED light 6 inches away" and expect us to know if its a 10 watt LED lightbulb or a 3000 watt cob LED array. We need the make and model. Please click the link down below in my signature that says, "how to ask for grow support", come back with all of the information we need and maybe someone can do a good job of helping you.
PS, you browsed right on by the "how to ask for grow support" thread when you made your post. If people need help and provide 10% of the relevant information needed can anyone expect anymore than a diagnosis 10% helpful?

What Strain is it? Big bud indica

How Many Plants? 5

If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 2 weeks and few days

Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Happy frog
If Soil... What Size Pot? Small starting pots as you see
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled? 600w led and just one and yes has fans built in
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? Was 78-82 degrees trying keep it at 73-78 now
RH of Room/Cabinet? Not sure idk what rh is
PH of Medium or Reservoir? Not sure been using 6.5-7 pH water started with pH about 8
Any Pests?no
How Often are you Watering? Was water 2-3 times a day
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Light
Size or Square Footage of Room?first room 12'x12' now in a 60"x60"x80

What Strain is it? Big bud indica

How Many Plants? 5

If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 2 weeks and few days

Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Happy frog
If Soil... What Size Pot? Small starting pots as you see
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled? 600w led and just one and yes has fans built in
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? Was 78-82 degrees trying keep it at 73-78 now
RH of Room/Cabinet? Not sure idk what rh is
PH of Medium or Reservoir? Not sure been using 6.5-7 pH water started with pH about 8
Any Pests?no
How Often are you Watering? Was water 2-3 times a day
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Light
Size or Square Footage of Room?first room 12'x12' now in a 60"x60"x80
Stop fertilizing all together. Your soil has plenty to grow them much bigger than they are right now. Stop feeding!
Also raise your LED to 24 inches above them.
They are frying because of both light burn and nutrient burn and overwatering on top of it. You never did say, is it tap water? Is your city/towns water chlorinated? If so, call your city and see if they use chlorine or if they use chloramine. If it is chlorine you can bubble the chlorine out of it with a fish tank pump over a day or so. If it is chloramine you could not get rid of that unless you filter it out with a filter capable of removing it or get a tabletop reverse osmosis kit. What I would highly suggest for now is to buy a gallon or two of distilled water and water them with that and DO NOT PH it whatsoever.
You are over-watering them by a ton. Be sure that the soil is dry all the way to the bottom before you water them again. It's hard to tell what size containers those are in but for plants that size I can tell you you should only be watering them about once every day or once every other day but only if they are thoroughly dry first. If you can feel any water weight in the soil at all do not water them until they need it.
So to recap.
Stop feeding nutrients all together, raise your light to 24 in above them, get a few gallons of distilled water until you can figure out your water situation. Absolutely do not pH distilled water . Only water them when the soil is Thoroughly dry, not just at the top.

I was using tap water and I'm almost sure they use chlorine not sure for the other but I will l find out I went and bought a gallon of some distilled water but it had pH of 8 so I lowered it with pH kit too 6.5is that not good? And there about 6-8 inch pots I'll go raise my light now thank you very much I'll keep you updated
Also I haven't fed them any nutrients at all just the soil

I was using tap water and I'm almost sure they use chlorine not sure for the other but I will l find out I went and bought a gallon of some distilled water but it had pH of 8 so I lowered it with pH kit too 6.5is that not good? And there about 6-8 inch pots I'll go raise my light now thank you very much I'll keep you updated
Also I haven't fed them any nutrients at all just the soil
Once again, do not pH your distilled water. It does not matter what the pH reads with your meter. Distilled water is so pure that no pH meter can give you an accurate measurement. Do not pH it. You can open a gallon of distilled water when it's brand new and test the pH and it will read one number, then you can leave the lid off for a few hours and tested again and it will read a different number. This is because pH water is so pure and neutral it is CO2 in the air changing the reading. Do not adjust the pH of distilled water. Regardless of what your meter says, distilled water does not even have a real pH. When you adjust the pH of your distilled water you are just adding unnecessary junk into your soil. The pH of distilled water is so neutral that when you water your plants with it it will take on the pH of the soil. I would keep using distilled water until you find out for sure what your city or town uses in the water between chlorine or chloramine. If you listen to the advice I'm giving you they should start to very slowly recover and Grow Again.

I will very grateful thank you, and that's great information on the pH read ballot articles making it sound as if it was a big deal thanks for letting me know that buthowlong do you think recovery could take?

I will very grateful thank you, and that's great information on the pH read ballot articles making it sound as if it was a big deal thanks for letting me know that buthowlong do you think recovery could take?
No problem. If you can water correctly only when they are dry, a few will probably start recovering within days. A new Growers biggest problem is killing their plants with love. Resist the urge to care for them too much. Let them dry out thoroughly and then give them a good watering and don't water them again until they dry thoroughly. This is good for them. It looks like one or two will take some time to start recovering because they are pretty fried but if you stick to the plan they should pull through.

By the way, the pH will be very important when you are adding nutrients. Right now you are not adding fertilizer and as long as you are watering with distilled water the PH does not matter. If you start watering with your tap water again which I would highly recommend you do not then your pH will matter with your tap water. Please don't use your tap water until you find out what is in it exactly and how to take it out before giving it to your seedlings.

Back
Top Bottom