Seedlings keep dying around 3 weeks

tons a threads on ' germination' so many different ones, do a few searches and use any one suitable to what you have available. Don't over water. don't let it dry out. Don't over heat. Or too much light. That will be the basics on all them. I aim for 25 degrees or gently warm from a small 4 or 5 k cfl at about 12 watts until I get 2nd real set of leaves sprout. The best advice I can add That is not really spoken of much..make sure to check on them at minimum 2 times a day till you get the hang of things. Environment For them can change so fast that's the biggest risk.

If your set on doing coco.
I'd get 5 gallon fabric pots, your mix sounds ok as long as it's good coco and washed really good.
Then wet the coco and use a wetting agent like Yucca and wet it good before you plant the seedling in there.
Keep the coco moist no dry spots.

And if you only have that one light then send it up about 3 feet or more.

tons a threads on ' germination' so many different ones, do a few searches and use any one suitable to what you have available. Don't over water. don't let it dry out. Don't over heat. Or too much light. That will be the basics on all them. I aim for 25 degrees or gently warm from a small 4 or 5 k cfl at about 12 watts until I get 2nd real set of leaves sprout. The best advice I can add That is not really spoken of much..make sure to check on them at minimum 2 times a day till you get the hang of things. Environment For them can change so fast that's the biggest risk.
Thanks for that advise, I did start with them in a mini hot house with a heat pad an also a t5 lighting kit, once removed from there to the tent it all turned down hill...

C8AFD1D5-03E1-42BE-8878-32422398CCAB.jpeg8CD6F204-84A4-4148-A3F2-FDCA78E762B9.jpeg43D7A5A4-74DF-47EE-B4E0-95DFCDABE681.jpeg
Burned to death

I agree with Nunyabiz, good advice.

Before we run Grasshopper, first we must learn when to break from a walk into a run.... Ancient pot grower proverb... Cough.
Means.....
Dont chuck tiny plants too close to big lights before they are bigger and ready... Slowly...

I agree with Nunyabiz, good advice.

Before we run Grasshopper, first we must learn when to break from a walk into a run.... Ancient pot grower proverb... Cough.
Means.....
Dont chuck tiny plants too close to big lights before they are bigger and ready... Slowly...
Sounds like great advise, I’m getting kinda confused with the light height tho I keep reading 35cm is good but then I hear from others that’s to close. What would be the best/safest height without burning

Are you sure it didn't say 35 inches....that's more like it for seedlings

@Mastrmasn beat me to it by 1 second,but I'm going to post it anyway...

I have run 600w,lights mate before these new cmh, so my advice or nunyas is,good. Keep the light at least 3-4ft off plants that size... Better to use your t5 set up, get them about a foot tall then smash rhem with 600wer, still at 3-4ft to start though...
T5 can be 5cm away....all good

Are you sure it didn't say 35 inches....that's more like it for seedlings

@Mastrmasn beat me to it by 1 second,but I'm going to post it anyway...
So many times I want to try in my two cents but someone always beats me to It. I got excited this time lol.

If your set on doing coco.
I'd get 5 gallon fabric pots, your mix sounds ok as long as it's good coco and washed really good.
Then wet the coco and use a wetting agent like Yucca and wet it good before you plant the seedling in there.
Keep the coco moist no dry spots.

And if you only have that one light then send it up about 3 feet or more.
Thanks for the reply, yeah I have coco/ perlite from hy-gen, I have only been watering around tha stem of tha plant also not the whole actual pot...
I’ll raise tha light before it’s cycle starts again, honestly been getting so much shit advise

Thanks for the reply, yeah I have coco/ perlite from hy-gen, I have only been watering around tha stem of tha plant also not the whole actual pot...
I’ll raise tha light before it’s cycle starts again, honestly been getting so much shit advise
This site is chalk full of so many knowledgable folks. It can't be said enough, read and reread. Were always willing to help.

Shit advice is frowned upon here,so we try our best not to give any...:peace:

Back
Top Bottom