Seeds from a feminized plant

Cheffrey were there any males in the proximity of your grow? Otherwise they'd be feminized seeds also, your plant herm'd a bit is the way I understand it. I've only ever grown feminzed seeds from that kind of situation, sometimes the are more apt to do it again, but I've never had one go all full blown on me. I always like it when I get a seed or two from my fem plants!

No males around, in a tent. It wasn't full blown seeds, was my fav smoke of the 4 plants actually. I grew another this time around and it came out female. I'm happy to hear they all should be :)

Seeds from a hermy plant will also be hermied

Now I've heard some plants that go toooo long in flower can seed, survival thing I guess, no clue if these are hermied or not

Seeds from a hermy plant will also be hermied

Now I've heard some plants that go toooo long in flower can seed, survival thing I guess, no clue if these are hermied or not
Only one way to find out

It was the only one out of the 4 different strains that I had growing.. I'm not sure if it hermied either.. I didn't see anything to make me think it had. I was surprised to see seeds actually. Nice looking seeds though.

I have one growing of those seeds. So far it looks good.. I'll check closely tonight

I think if a plant were to go too long in flower and seed out on its own without a male around there's still no way it could get anything but all fem/herm seeds.

I think if a plant were to go too long in flower and seed out on its own without a male around there's still no way it could get anything but all fem/herm seeds.
I would love to stress a plant let it go way to long to c what’s the outcome I gues he will find out if he has one goin

This summer I used my back porch light to get a plant to herm so I could make some fem seeds. Every other clone from same mother that I gifted around were pure sensi no seeds. I’m wondering if you had the same thing happen by accident, and if so, are we in the same boat. Will this light stress be the same as something like CS stressed herm and produce stable fem seeds or herm prone seeds?

This summer I used my back porch light to get a plant to herm so I could make some fem seeds. Every other clone from same mother that I gifted around were pure sensi no seeds. I’m wondering if you had the same thing happen by accident, and if so, are we in the same boat. Will this light stress be the same as something like CS stressed herm and produce stable fem seeds or herm prone seeds?
yeah its a method used. just not as effective as cs or sts.

same thing happened to me on my second grow. 3 strains and just the white widow had a few seeds here and there. i found like 5. but i'm sure it was because the light was too close to it for a while.

Rodilization will take a few extra weeks of flowering to take place, so if you harvested on schedule i'd have to say rodilization isn't why you have some seeds.

I'd love to see the journal of the seed grow to see if it will in fact hermie on you.

A plant that is pollinated by rodelization will produce female seeds - not hermies.
Rodelization is used by a lot of growers to get female seeds.

with rodelization do hey have enough time to pollinate themselves and make seeds? or do you have to collect the pollen or have plants in another stage of grow with them?

interesting word,, rodelization. certainly does explain why some plants make nanners late in flower.

however,, look up the word,, apparently 'invented' in 2003 by

"
Here’s an easy, environmentally friendly method for breeding feminized seeds.

by SOMA

Wed, Jul 30, 2003

Creating feminized cannabis seeds is an art. Just like art, there are a few different methods of application. I have written about some of my different methods of making seeds in previous HIGH TIMES articles. I have used gibberellic acid, pH stress, light stress, and fertilizer stress to force my female plants to make seeds. All of these methods are harsh on the plants, and some, like the gibberellic acid, are not organic. In my search for cleaner, more earth-friendly ways of working with the cannabis plant, I have found a new way to make feminized seeds. Feminized seeds occur as a result of stress, rather than genetics. All cannabis plants can and will make male flowers under stress. Certain strains like a higher pH, some a lower one. Some like a lot of food, some like much less. There is quite a lot of variety in marijuana genetics, and you can’t treat every plant the same way.

It takes many harvests before you really get to know a particular strain. Just like getting to know human friends, it takes time. I have grown the same strains for close to a decade, and am truly getting to know every nuance the different plants exhibit. I can recognize them from a distance. I must say that I get a lot of help from my friends, both in making seeds and in learning new and better ways of working with this sacred plant.

I named this new method "Rodelization," after a friend who helped me realize and make use of this way of creating female seeds. After growing crop after crop of the same plants in the same conditions, I noticed that if I flowered the plants 10-14 days longer than usual, they would develop male "bananas." A male banana is a very slight male flower on a female marijuana plant that is formed because of stress. Usually they do not let out any pollen early enough to make seeds, but they sometimes do. They are a built-in safety factor so that in case of severe conditions, the plant can make sure the species is furthered.

"

to any who read to here,, imo,, a hermie does 'not' breed a hermie

cheers, thx for the new word,,

I checked the plant over, day 14 on 12/12. Everything she shows me is female.. no signs of sacs

I don't have a better shot of her but she's in the back right

Attachments

• 20191013_183240_HDR.jpg
    20191013_183240_HDR.jpg
    793.2 KB · Views: 87
I checked the plant over, day 14 on 12/12. Everything she shows me is female.. no signs of sacs

I don't have a better shot of her but she's in the back right
day 20 of spraying and day 14 since flip and mine are just struggling to push out flowers. they look weird tho, so i have hope i'll see something in the next week. remember what chris said, it took him 28 days of spraying to see anything.

Back
Top Bottom