Seeds

SirGrowAlot

If you have a plant that ends up being male and you would like to maybe keep it around as long as you have to to be able to harvest seeds from it, how long would you actually have to keep it going to get good quality seeds?
Do you actually have to let it grow the full harvest time as if it were a female in order for the seeds to be good quality?

Thx for the help

its the female that produces seeds, you just need a male in the same room to make the magic happen.

if you want to keep a male, just keep it far away from your grow room unless you want all your females in there to make seeds.

i think its possible to tap the male and catch the pollen then take it to the female and sprinkle it yourself.

(if you spend time caring for the male make sure you shower and change clothes before going into the female room or you may accidently pollinate your females, lol

Wow.... I did not know that..
I thought that males had seeds on them...
Soo...only females that have been pollinated have seeds??
Also, a female that has been pollinated and a hermie, will they both end up with the same product? Both have buds with seeds? Will both seeds be all feminized, or will just the hermie have feminized seeds?
Thx for the info man

Soo...only females that have been pollinated have seeds??
Also, a female that has been pollinated and a hermie, will they both end up with the same product? Both have buds with seeds? Will both seeds be all feminized, or will just the hermie have feminized seeds?
Thx for the info man

Yes, only the females make seeds, the males are just donors. Both female and hermie will make seeds. Hermies will only make female seeds. If a female is polinated by a male, I think the seeds can be either male or female. Don't hold me to this, I am by no means a breeder...The perfect person to see would our member Twelve12 who has a thread or journal on breeding. Check him out.

High SirGrowAlot!

GiGaBane and QueenTokelove is correct.

Female makes seed with the help from male pollen. Hermaphrodite plant aka intersex on the other hand self pollinate because it has both male and female parts.

Seeds from female plant will create regular seeds which result in male or female seeds. Seeds from hermaphrodite plant will have a mixture of hermaphrodite, and female seeds. More or less depend on the genetic line and how much it has been crossed with hermaphrodite prior.

If you're just looking for seeds the best less hassle way would be ordering them from reputable banks. Shop around there are some strains that took over 10yrs to perfect, so the hard work already been done.

Grow only female plants until you have perfected your methods and environment before taking on breeding. If they don't grow to their highest potential then your breeding project may not turn out the way you want it. :Namaste:

God, what i wouldnt do for that to be true of my life!i have a pack of offspring and am fully involved and have no life of my own any more...dont think i have had a full night of undisturbed sleep since my first was born 6 years ago ;)

LOL, don't feel that way, it's good to see that you're the kind of man who steps up to the plate and handles his responsibilities. We have enough donors running around who are deadbeats.:cheer::cheer::high-five:

yeah i love my kids, i am very strict, but i always make sure they understand i am "tough but fair" and even when they put me in a bad mood i try to explain what they did wrong and why its bad to do it.

wish my plants grew like my children, my 5 year old daughter is as tall as the 7 year olds at her school and just as clever =D

and my most recent son was born 10lb 5oz

Edit: Sorry SirGrowAlot, i didnt mean to hijack your thread...its just too easy to break into conversation when you meet nice ppl ;)

NO guys its cool...
I know what you are talking about... I am amazed by this website and how cool most of the people are...
I like listening to you all though and learning..

So what do you call a female that has been pollinated by a male??

So could you put a female that has been pollinated by a male and a hermaphrodite in the same room without them hurting eachother in any way??? Or do even they have to be in different rooms?

So could you put a female that has been pollinated by a male and a hermaphrodite in the same room without them hurting eachother in any way??? Or do even they have to be in different rooms?

That is a good question. How I look at it is, if a female is already polinated, the damage so to speak has already been done. So she can't be knocked up twice. I mean knocked up while already knocked up. Thats just my opinion but I am not a breeder..And hermie already has male parts so she can knock herself up, she don't need the male. *In Spock voice*, "that would not be logical". But maybe our in house breeders Twelve12, BigIrishdoode, or Smoke2J can chime in on this. Those are the guys I know that are majorly into breeding so check them out if you get a chance...Tell em Queen sent ya..lol :Namaste:

good questionI would think that the male would continue tothrow his stuff in the air and add his genetics to the hermaphrodite.maybe like a dog has puppys by more then one father from the same litter:Namaste:

good questionI would think that the male would continue tothrow his stuff in the air and add his genetics to the hermaphrodite.maybe like a dog has puppys by more then one father from the same litter:Namaste:

Really on the dog metaphor? I am a cat person, hope cats aren't the same way. But now, why would the hermie get polinated by the male if she has male parts anyway? I would think the male wouldn't be needed. Or just throwing his stuff in the air hoping to knock up something..

Really on the dog metaphor? I am a cat person, hope cats aren't the same way. But now, why would the hermie get polinated by the male if she has male parts anyway? I would think the male wouldn't be needed. Or just throwing his stuff in the air hoping to knock up something..

lol isnt the point of the male to throw it out there?not an expert but as new buds form they are sticky waiting for that said stuff:) so imy mind :silly as it maybe: the new goo could also play apart. aint no breeder tho at least not on purpose:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom