Seeds

I was given a few seeds to get started on from a fellow who had a female herm out a bit. That got me started, ran into another guy same situation, that got me a few more strains, got a couple fem'd beans out of those, clones, clones, clones, more fem'd beans here and there, clones clones... omg after this next round I'm gonna actually buy a bean from somewhere. I'd have done it way sooner on one of these sponsors but no one takes cc, and I don't like the bank info and am way too lazy to send a money order! I do think people trade them privately here and elsewhere, after they have established more personal connections, or through local friends or craigslist or something...I know a guy advertises seeds locally on my CL but he doesn't do fem'd and I have so many that are already I don't want to mess around with the chance of males. I should though I need new stock! Cheers! :yahoo:

I was given a few seeds to get started on from a fellow who had a female herm out a bit. That got me started, ran into another guy same situation, that got me a few more strains, got a couple fem'd beans out of those, clones, clones, clones, more fem'd beans here and there, clones clones... omg after this next round I'm gonna actually buy a bean from somewhere. I'd have done it way sooner on one of these sponsors but no one takes cc, and I don't like the bank info and am way too lazy to send a money order! I do think people trade them privately here and elsewhere, after they have established more personal connections, or through local friends or craigslist or something...I know a guy advertises seeds locally on my CL but he doesn't do fem'd and I have so many that are already I don't want to mess around with the chance of males. I should though I need new stock! Cheers! :yahoo:
Yea I only want females that why I'd go to the dispensary to get them for $40 and they sell clones for $20. I'm trying to have three going at once but my first one isn't going well

I like the looks of Tru North's freebies, I've loaded the cart on that site multiple times and not pulled the trigger... I just wish I could pay for it different!

Unfortunately I don't know anyone who does clones and is local to me. And my state does not have recreational dispensaries yet. :(
Opportunity knocks! Are you saving your cuttings?? ;D OMG if I could have them I'd try cloning every little sprout I snip! Cloning is really fun.

Opportunity knocks! Are you saving your cuttings?? ;D OMG if I could have them I'd try cloning every little sprout I snip! Cloning is really fun.
I have two cuttings that I'm trying to get rooted at the moment for fun. :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

Champion of long answers.Is P bass.

I need root hormones right . I don't have any of that yet
I have used rooting powder and rooting gel and sometimes just stuck a cutting into a small pot filled with the same soil I am using for the plants.

If you do a search on rooting cuttings and clones and read several of the threads on starting cuttings you will come across mention of some of the homemade rooting mixes that some of the people have used. I remember mention of using willow water. Some people mention using an aspirin in water but I don't remember if I read that here or not.

Hey there Tox,

Welcome to the 420 site! Lots of helpful friendly people here, as it sounds like you are discovering already.

I've bought all my seeds to date, mostly from sponsors here on the site: Seedsman, Dope-Seeds, Dr. Seeds, The Vault. I've also done just a little bit of cloning, which is a lot of fun.

Sorry to hear that your current grow is having some problems. Hopefully the advice you got was helpful, and will get things straightened out soon. You might think about starting a journal. It is a great way for you to keep notes for yourself about what went right and wrong. Plus, lots of folks will stop by to see what you are up to, and lend a hand if you need some help.

See you around!

What do you guys do for seeds? Buy them. Trade them or grow them. What are the easy ways
Buying is the easy way. Just go to work and make some money and then use it for seeds.

I was given a seed by my daughter's boyfriend. He said that he had heard I could make anything grow and seeds were easy. I started it, he came over and looked and listened to my explanation of the leaf structure and what the plant would do next. I gave the little pot of soil with the tiny plant in it to him and he said "No, hold on to it." I explained that if he left that thing in my house it would become mine by the dawn of the next day. Several months later I rolled up a few and gave them away to selected friends.

Now these friends give me seeds. Sometimes it is bagseeds and sometimes it will be a couple of seeds they bought and paid for themselves. Sometimes it will be seeds left over from someone who had extra and was only planting so many plants and no more than that. Some of the seeds were excess from a grower who did his own breeding and kept what he wanted.

I said I need seeds to experiment with when growing. People are more than happy to donate to my learning curve in exchange for being the guinea pig when it comes time to burn one.

Going to be a hot & humin Michigan day. No matter what your day is like, enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom