Seeking A Sympathetic Guru! I'm 4 Years As A Medical User & New Grower

Flora will work for now but we have to get rid of the goopie slime. Make sure your bucket is 110% light proof. No light what so ever can reach the water.

I use GH Flora Trio and never have a slime or brown roots

Hydroguard and z7 ensure that
I didn’t care for how thick it was in general, had to shake the bottle for an overly long time to get it to mix well and I just felt the plants didn’t uptake it that well being soo thick, the botanicare line although being owned by the same company as general hydroponics, it’s thinner and easier for the plants to obsorb, and easier to mix and I don’t get build up in my buckets from it. GH you could literally wipe like mud from the bottom of the buckets, not good for going thru a water pump over time. As far as helping dealing with slime, a couple drops of Clorox every couple days does wonders to keep pathogens at bay

Never had an issues with it

Did u use any enzyme cleaners besides bleach...which isnt...lol
Only thing I used the bleach for was to keep things at bay cause once in a while my water temps would creep up over 68 and no ways to get temp down besides frozen 2 liter bottles but that can be a pain to manage compared to a couple drops every couple days. I’ve never had slime buildup with botanicare or after using Clorox and yes it does kill all bacteria, I’ve also been adding Hydroguard thruout my entire grow once I start feeding nutrients. And I’ve heard plenty of z7, just never got into using it lol

I run em both, last summer consistent temps at or over 80f in my water, basically ambient room temp here on the surface of the sun

Never an issue of goopies and some of the best plants I've grown

4 thumbs up!!!

I used to used general hydroponics in DWC and I noticed the slimeyness your speaking of, and it was a brownish ting to it, I switched to botanicare and have not had that issue since and the plants love that line more in my opinion

I am having a hell of a time getting my tap water PPM below 300 even though the ph is 295ish.

Question:
Can I pump my water through activated carbon/charcoal (aquarium quality prepackaged bags) and expect this method to drastically reduce the hard water to be conditioned enough to allow for proper liquid nutrients to be effective.

I cannot afford to install a RO and if I could, my lease prohibits any alterations to the plumbing or electrical systems. Although it's legal to grow, I shouldn't press my rotten luck by exposing my grow. The lease even prohibits a fish tank...

I am having a hell of a time getting my tap water PPM below 300 even though the ph is 295ish.

Question:
Can I pump my water through activated carbon/charcoal (aquarium quality prepackaged bags) and expect this method to drastically reduce the hard water to be conditioned enough to allow for proper liquid nutrients to be effective.

I cannot afford to install a RO and if I could, my lease prohibits any alterations to the plumbing or electrical systems. Although it's legal to grow, I shouldn't press my rotten luck by exposing my grow. The lease even prohibits a fish tank...
I don’t have any experience as far as pumping thru carbon but I would imagine it would work on the same concept as the filters just not as efficient, maybe a purifier that screws onto the end of your faucet would be a better option?. Not sure how your going about your PH readings however, if your ph was close to 300 your meter wouldn’t pick up a reading or your plants would not survive, it would burn your skin to even come in contact with. What are you using for a meter? It could be faulty if that’s what your seeing for readings, as we’ve tried expressing, you want your PH to be in the 5.5-6.5 range, my opinion on optimal is between 5.8 and 6.2, when the plants are drinking more I like to start around 5.6 and the ph slowly goes up as the plants uptake more nutrients

295 pH is pretty phenomenal

Do u live on Venus? Is it a geyser yer getting water from

Lol

Look at RO buddies, is what I use
$52 for 3 stage, takes my ppm from 500+ to 26, and my pH from 8.0ish to a solid 6.5

It attaches to a faucet head like mentioned above, buy a $3 fitting and yer dialed

Next week I'm adding a second 1000w LED in a daisy chain configuration. That should provide all the light I'll need I just read that 1 sq ft per plant is about the maximum. If that's right I can add 2 or 3 more buckets and plants in my 4' X 2' grow.

Once I master all the chemistry involved, ((AND STOP BEING SUCH A NERVOUS NANCY)) I'll have all the goodies my space can manage.

My main issues have been my bi-polar obsessive approach to every project I take on especially with the learning curve aspects. All my years of prescription medicating has affected my short term memory and eyesight. I'm learning but at a slower pace than I would like.

In here I'm being schooled more about the chemistry than anything else. And my available water source is about some of the hardest water considered safe for consumption (kinda like liquid rocks) and thus both PH and dissolved solids are very tough to balance properly with just the cheap digital meters I'm using. I have my eye on a more user friendly meter that don't require user input calibration.

Back
Top Bottom