Seeking A Sympathetic Guru! I'm 4 Years As A Medical User & New Grower

I was a little concerned because I turned her on her head an submerged her for 10 minutes in a one gallon solution of low PH water and an ounce of pesticidal soap (flea shampoo) as posted on Google. I thought it may have been harmful but she's recovering ok And I bought a spray on solution specifically for plant pests and mites (BioAdvanced 701290B Insecticide Fungicide and Miticide 3-in-1 Insect, Disease & Mite Control. So tomorrow she gets a new treatment.

This is the best photo I can give with the white pecks just zoom in for a better look.

Attachments

• 20190312_141821.jpg
    20190312_141821.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 109
I don't think I'd worry about the spots now,especially after the dunk-she looks
nice and healthy to me.
If they start to get worse,then worry-just keep a close eye out for more dots.

Question: Did you take a bite out of that one leaf,or what?:)

Glad you decided away from the Home Depot buckets, you want to keep light away from roots and your water as much as possible, how are you checking your PH? Are you adding nutrients then adjusting your PH or are you adjusting then adding your nutrients? You ALWAYS want to add your nutrients first and PH last before feeding, I also suggest getting a bucket to allow your water to warm up in before switching your plants water as to not shock it from cold water, when I was doing DWC (deep water culture) I had an extra bucket that I would prepare and do my nutrient change in then I would switch the plant into that bucket and clean the old one for the following nutrient change. I have in the last few years switched to a system called UnderCurrent, as the name implies, buckets are chained together and a water pump circulates the nutrients, creating a current in the bottom of the buckets. This eliminates carrying water as you can have the pump drain the system for you, your nutrients are always mixed and having a resivoir allows checking PH and adjusting water/nutrient levels without disturbing the plants. Light leaks are going to be your biggest enemy come time to start flowering your plant, any leaks can cause your plant to hermaphrodite, take great care in preventing this. I don’t think Co2 will be necessary until you get a few crops under your belt and have all other enviormental conditions under full control, that’s money and time to be spent in better places right now. It can be very frustrating at times but you gotta remember my friend, it’s a long term investment not something that happens over night, and you will almost ALWAYS spend more than what you plan on budgeting for. When I first started growing I told myself I would only invest $1,500 into a room.. Here we are years later and over $10,000 spent and I’m still going for the love of the plant. You’ll find this is an awesome community and one big family, we’ll guide you the best we can and that you allow us to. Happy growing, and here’s a quick shot of my undercurrent system I’m getting ready to fire up for some mother plants.

Attachments

• 5D35D6BC-AD9C-43E2-8639-EE06554610DF.jpeg
    5D35D6BC-AD9C-43E2-8639-EE06554610DF.jpeg
    415.1 KB · Views: 120
I'm unsure if it matters but the spot problem went from 5 or 5 to over 2 dozen under 2 days so I didn't want it to spread to my week old seedling and ordered a spray bottle of a product that is for plant problems called "Bioadvanced 3 in 1".

I hope I caught it time and I'll be safe till harvest. I'm in process of calming down about this plant after seeing her survive all my newbie blunders and still look like a dwarf beauty queen.

I think that a pot plant is a beautiful thing to just sit and watch as they grow. At least I'm not playing the best of 70's rock to them every day (YET)...

Here's my 8 week old Gelato and my week old killer nuke.

Update on my first grow.

I have the 8 week old Gelato that's is only 5 inches of growing leaves but I just noticed at the bottom of each little branch very nice things are happening!!

New growth spurt in the first sign of life.

20190319_213050.jpg

This first grow has had to suffer along with my first dad anxieties. So just it's surviving proves true to the title of "Weed".

My goal is to have growing and one maturing every 6 or 8 weeks.

Gmail "inbox" is shutting down,Gmail itself isn't.

Yes,it's not going to affect regular Gmail-they're going to add some inbox "features" to it,but I can't tell you what those features are,since I've never used inbox either...
But Gmail is going to carry on,business as usual.

Does anyone have experience with "COB LED'S " they appear to offer 1500 Watt output at 1000 watt LEDs price. They do look substantially different but the reviews are pretty good.
HI Warez, I love the Cree 3590 100 watt cobs in pairs. About $330 Canadian for a CF Grow X-2, and there are many other companies using that bulb in various configurations. I have three X-2's, and I just add them as needed so you can use them where you need. I also have a single 100 watt 3590 in a mother /clone tent and it works great. And a blurple LED that is doing a fantastic job on a single blueberry in a small tent, 20x36 x 60. My main grow area has the 3' X-2's at 600 watts cob in a 5' x4' area.
btw, anybody want to buy a 600 watt mh/hps digital ballast, used for two runs..... :ganjamon:

my 25 cents...

I can see your trying really, hard, and will eventually get some rewards. I am a "dirt" grower, actually sunshine #4 peat, and while hydroponics definitely work, peat is much, much simpler and forgiving. I use hydroponic fertilizers from a major supplier with RO water and #4 peat, as they recommend, and it is incredible as far as size and production. And I am not trying to start any arguments with the hydro guys, I just don't think its the best thing to learn on! I have found #4 peat to be a reasonably fool proof way to easily grow 12-16 ounces in a 2x4 tent with two plants. For me, the trick with #4 peat is to go big. Lucky its really cheap! My plants are now all in 15 gallon pots, and last run, Journal #2, two Blueberries did 6.8 ounces each in 7 gallon pots under 575 watts. This run I have went to 15 gallon pots for all, as last run, again #2, I had one plant of four in a 15 gallon pot and it gave me stupid amounts. May have also been the sativa!

Here is a pix of an 8 week old crown royal from seed in #4 peat in my current journal #3, under 600 watts of cobs, and the blueberry clone under the blurple led. She is huge and has been done completely with 156 watts or less of led's.

Have fun!!
:Rasta:

I'm resigned to expect very little flowers on my first plant. I just over mothered it (or better said, over smothered it) and it's looking like a dwarf and compact.

I have considered soil for the next project but I have to see this one to it's conclusion before I commit my tiny grow area to a different method.
20190322_162655.jpg
20190322_141858.jpg

This comparison will show. 3 weeks vs. 9 weeks. It seems with plant number 2, I may be doing something good.

Doing extremely well! After all the advice in this area I've gotten down to a science. Im keeping the ph as close to 250 as possible and the nutrients between 700/800 as possible. The first plant is just now showing signs of a few longer taproots but she's still growing more roots from all sides rather than the bottom. I'm sure it was because I Seriously over watered it and smothered it with clay pellets in an over sized (10") basket.

When a seedling starts with the first leaf (like a mint leaf) the second (3 lobes)...

Well those two fan leaves only are turning very yellow, not the new sprouts at the stem.

Is this normal?

20190323_171348.jpg

It's only the one same leaf on either side doing this. All others are normal. And it didn't seem this apparent yesterday.

Maybe I splashed some nutes on it earlier and didn't know.
20190323_173401.jpg

Back
Top Bottom