Seeking A Sympathetic Guru! I'm 4 Years As A Medical User & New Grower

If it's cheap, it's cheap

Good Cob or Quantum Boards lights will cost you over $200ea, great lights, but not cheap

There's a few cheap ones on Amazon but I just wanted to get live reviews about them. I'll end up with good old led's.

I'm gonna return your efforts from ya'll when each growing stage is upon me and I'm getting manic. But your reward will be pictures of a #shoebox full of BUD!

Hey there. A couple leaves are turning yellow.

Im looking at my plant, recently supported the scrawny part of the stem up to the thicker part, and now I see the first leaves (looks like a mint leaf) getting big.

And then the second leaf these leaves are turning yellow.

But above those newer leaves or branches, I'm unsure because they're tiny and crowded. Im keeping the ph under 7. Is it, 1733558 Too much/little light?

Again

pH 5.6-5.9

1/4-1/3 strength nutes

Be sure water is 1" below the bottom of the net pot

Are the slots in the net pot still open to the water below and light above

There was about 40 oz too much water. When she was put in the basket, I put about 1/2 inch of clay pellets at the bottom of the basket prior to setting the cube in place then filling in the rest.

Keeping in mind that this plant had a rough start and is just under a week in the bubbles, where before any tiny taps were damaged, now, there's a few thriving tap roots a few inches long.

I'll be inquiring about nutrients: I have General Hydroponics - Flora Grow.

AND,

I have a complicated "Recipe For Success, Starter Kit; with TEN different chemicals all with weird confusing names.

Ready Or Not, Now comes semester one of the dreaded science classes.

This is the basket I use..

Not exactly sure what yer saying

Lower that pH, and if yer just giving them plain water, well, I'm sorry for yer poor baby

And see all those slots on the side of the basket, light will go in there and create algae and goopies in yer water

That's a challenge with big net pots, all I use are 3", much easier

Okay? The cube was just transplanted a few days ago. I can manage to cover what few little holes are above the top of the pellets until the kid can grow a few inches and add some more pellets.

The PH is hovering under 7 and over 6. Any advice about those numbers, I can write it down.

Im beginning to wish I had chosen dirt, but now I wish for a rich uncle.

After germination, this plant was started in rockwool and when it was transplanted to the rockwool block that was soaked and fed in "Recipe for success starter solution" until a few days ago when I broke a few hair like roots on the clay pellets that hindered taproot spread for 2 days!

But now they can reach the spray, my question is about what nutrients should be given?

Thanks Mann. I'll do my best to manage the ph to under 6.

PH must stand for Poisonous to Hydroponics.

So . . No volunteers for the roll of Rich Uncle?

You really need to document what yer doing, take it a bit more serious my friend

Or, all this $$$$ you spend will be waisted

pH
Nutes
Water level
NO LIGHT LEAKS!!
Daily monitoring

We all have fun, but you need quality med's, so focus on doing the best job you can my friend

It's tough to get ph stable with my water and chemicals at hand. My city water is over 8. Even my Kroger purified water is 7.7 to start and until this weekend, Right now the ph is at 5.5 for now, keeping it here and water level is number one concern. This plant is a survivor and the next 4 or 5 days will write it's legacy.

I guessed the bucket is holding about 2.3 gallons and first root exposure should need a weak starter solution. It just got a one cup shot of permixed starter solution. Hopefully now I won't have to disturb it for a few days.

My city water is a really rough base to start with. But, It's joining to the bucket brigade that's gonna let me afford a R O water purifieras for more ph neutral water.

I'll take the time tonight to premix a mild vegetative feed tonic to add to weekly water changes...

I appreciate everyone's help and patience.

My city water is a really rough base to start with. But, It's joining to the bucket brigade that's gonna let me afford a R O water purifieras for more ph neutral water.

RO water doesn't necessarily drop the ph. i use an RO filter and the ph might dip by .3 - .4, but no further over the straight tap water.

even after RO i usually get a ph at 7 or slightly over.

Then it looks like the battle with PH is going to be waged chemically. Luckily chemical warfare isn't banned with Hydrogardining.

The tap roots are Seriously multiplying, PH is fluttering 5.5 to 5.8 then up overnight to over 7, and not yet steady.

Every 6/8 hours I'm forced to check and adjust down. Until Friday the only chemicals at hand are rice vinegar and baking soda; which "I know is wrong", but I'm just making due until payday.

I was reading about RO and it mentioned that RO water (after exposure to aeration), PH will drop into the mid to upper 5 ranges. But that's probably product hype.

But anyway. My home is so small I literally don't have space or room to install one. Even a 2.5 gallon one would take up most of the area under the kitchen sink but I'll give it considerable thought before I commit the $50.

@warezaholic Welcome to the 420 family brother.. There are a lot of great people in this community with a tremendous amount of knowledge to help newcomers and new Growers along their Journey. Don't be afraid to reach out ask questions to get things done and to get insight. Good luck with your grows. You will indeed accomplish what you are trying to achieve.

Welcome to the forum.

Get those girls some nutrients ASAP

I think I replied yesterday that I have a diluted "receipe for success" starting mix, of nutrient. And infused one cupful into water then balanced the PH now @5.6 , since yesterday EVERYTHING else has been as advised. I think I'm settling down into a caring routine.

Later today I'm Switching the 3 inch long airstone with a 4 inch round bubble disc powered by a whisper150, which should be good until my whisper 300 arrives and meanwhile the150 will be working on conditioning the weekly water changes. All gaps and holes are covered from light. The taproot has doubled in numbers at 4 inch length. I'll increase nutrients as she improves... I wish I had came here before I followed some video "how to's" would have saved me150$

Trust me when I say that how much ya'll help is an education not going to waste.

Thanks Pepper. This room has been a very welcoming and helpful launching pad for my first try at growing Weed. So far I'm humbled by the experience. It's really far from the "plunk it in the water and watch it grow"; like some videos have over simplified!

From now on, I'll leave the YouTube how to videos to things like auto mechanics! They all have an agenda or something to sell, It's clear that hydroponic Weed needs a doctor's touch especially with a sick plant... this area is like a classroom, and I'm glad that Professor Scorpio is in the house (no nonsense expert)

The crap I have to drop PH is ineffective and hazardous. So, since i have a bottle of PH meds delivered tomorrow (ROOT FARM PH DOWN) and since the ph is back up to 7.9 so, I decided it's healthier for her if I just stop the bubbles until tomorrow when I can give her good and stable PH water and nutes. I'm Switching over to black buckets anyway. I have some 6 inch baskets on order and by Monday the grow room will be complete.

I have a new seed starting (Killer Nuke) and now I have a small clue about how to do this, she's going to have a better chance at a good start. Last week the sister seed jumped into life unbelievably fast but this one is taking a more normal time.

Unless I screw up again, I'm gonna be back next week with updates and pictures.

The question I have today is; at what age of growth do I introduce co2 in the grow room?

What are your opinions about this idea?

With my creative mind, I am considering using an automatic fish feeder to periodically drop small amounts of baking soda into a canister of vinegar to release co2 into the environment...

Sound good???

Back
Top Bottom