Seeking A Sympathetic Guru! I'm 4 Years As A Medical User & New Grower

I apologize to all for not acknowledging weather or not I like all your comments.

I've never even noticed this feature here. I'm the kind of guy that goes the extra mile to avoid offending someone and would rather avoid opening that box by making such a flippant remark and offending someone...

It can take awhile (and some money) to finally get all the pieces together but once you do it's an amazing feeling. We're closing in on a year since we last purchased from anyone and it's been a huge relief. It also took me almost two years to get to that point.

Ask thoughtful questions and listen to the very knowledgeable folks here and you'll be fine. Patience is not lost in the garden.

I apologize to all for not acknowledging weather or not I like all your comments.

I've never even noticed this feature here. I'm the kind of guy that goes the extra mile to avoid offending someone and would rather avoid opening that box by making such a flippant remark and offending someone...

My main point being that some great advice from a few people have been given and we don't see that you're taking the advice or possibly just missed the comments, thus the reason to acknowledge the comments

It's ok to piss a few of us off....lol...we are used to it, well not Me... because I'm so perfect :thedoubletake::eye-roll::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So far this month I've killed 2 seedlings.

One just today when a brand new seedling planted/germinated directly into the jiffy dirt took 2 days to break the surface and in 2 days 3 inches high and just last night actually grew another 5 inches tall OVER NIGHT and it fell over. Then my clumsy hands couldn't fix her and I broke it in half. And what really pisses me off is that she already had a beautiful root system started...

I am totally amazed by the ease and speed at which a seed can germinate AND grow without any of the usual, special germinating procedures.

So I just planted my last seed the same way but deeper (nearly 2 inches). I hope that I can keep from murdering any more plants.

Didn't even consider in my greatest fantasy that the thing could pop like that.

She was in her nursery with about a 7 inch ceiling to the rockwool substrate is a total of 10 inches below the bulbs.

Before I built this mini green house, I was advised to put a paper filter on top to prevent light over exposure so there is also a white paper towel on top but here's a picture of the nursery (patent pending ). The very top of the picture is the light fixture. There's barely room for me to remove the nursery from it's perch. However, I do have 4 or 5 inches of room in the tent to raise the pot closer to the top if that'll help?

I'm thinking if you can see anything wrong just let me know.

Kill the paper towel, she was trying to find light

Just watch the next one, I use a humidity dome and keep it at same light distance as my veg plants minus a few inches

Ps
When I place the un-germinated seed in the soil I also cover it with blackout plastic.

I'm completing my garden this weekend and I'v been searching for some 7 gallon black buckets on the internet and only found one retailer, US Plastics--

But they are kind of harsh with shipping charges. I'm hoping someone knows some place cheaper?

7 gallon bucket allows for - two more gallons - of fresh water for the roots to draw from and grow down into.

5gal bucket are plenty
Find a local restaurant supply or hydro store to get buckets
WAYYYYYYYYY cheaper than on line

Don't black out the light when you put them in the dirt, they need that to grow too

5 gallon black buckets at home depo are $4.25, cheap enough, and I can get there in 10 minutes.

The maturing plant placed in the pot a few days ago is finally starting to expose some taproot through the basket. PH was about 6.8 yesterday.

I have a lighting question. Is 2000 watt led's too much for a 4W x 2D area? If it is, should I daisy up 2 x 1000 Watt end to end to cover the width?

6.8ph in the bubbler system or soil???
pH in the bubbler should be ,5.6-6.0

In a 2x4 area better to get two lights that cover a 2x2 space, a single light usually misses the ends of the area
But there are longer lights that will do great in a 2x4 area

Before u buy lights show us what yer thinking

These are the lights if the $$$ gods are kind to me this month.

1000w LED Grow Light with Bloom and Veg

BUT, there are cheaper options on Amazon (prime) so ill chime in next weekend with the finalists.

I'm growing in a 2 ft deep and 4 ft wide with full width doors that swing out which is great if the plants need extra room when they grow a "Pot Belly".

I've stuck reflective foil around the wall nearly 5.5 ft high but there's another 3 ft to the top if needed. The closet still has the the frame and bar where I just lifted away the shelf so there's plenty of places to string bud support wires if needed. Four rope Clip Hangers are mounted all 4 corners @ 7.5 ft.

Cons-
I live in a damn-small house! And my bedroom is like a Really small dorm and the grow is like a needy roommate but actually, this roommate (aka) this chatroom, is a huge learning experience. "[patting ya'll on the back]

The current light fixture doubles as a useful shelf and it'll be sorely missed.

I wish my last new seed all the luck in my woefully incapable hands... before I wreck this one I'll have the grow room finished and I have to add that there are times that I may have to conceal the closet grow as much as possible.

That's actually a really good space, just remember in flower it needs to be 1000% dark in there

I'd look at Mars Hydro and viperspectra, and GROWant lights

No clue on the brand u mention and it won't cover a 4' area

I use two $100 GROWant LEDs in a closet before, worked fantastic

My viperspectra I gifted to a member here was only $79, and two of those would work great as well

I'll be studying a lot about light exposure during different stages. I have a bunch of Hefty, really thick, black, construction grade trash bags tape as light shield material. I'll need to do my best to keep the 2 plants growing in roughly similar light requirements.

The decision deadline is still 4 days away and for now I'm trying to understand the difference in designs and features and, of course, reading the customer review's... I'm figuring on maybe one more month of "Lean Pickens" in the freezer and cupboards but hopefully with luck (and the science of cloning), I'll not need to buy smoke again Except seed money) and in about 2 months I'll be self sufficient

That suggestion is very welcome indeed. Thanks.

Hey; Does every old man, first time grower like me act like such a nervous nanny?

Does anyone have experience with "COB LED'S " they appear to offer 1500 Watt output at 1000 watt LEDs price. They do look substantially different but the reviews are pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom