Seeking A Sympathetic Guru! I'm 4 Years As A Medical User & New Grower

we have a couple grower's clubs locally here. the problem is the organizers set them up only to monetize them. they become a platform for corporate sponsors and businesses trying to sell specific product.

some of the best local growers have been approached to "contribute experience", but they won't go near them. many don't want to go public as the law could get restricted or repealed depending on whose gov't gets elected.

there won't be smoking lounges here as smoking even tobacco in a public space is illegal.

We'll always have "HIGH TIMES" magazine on our side and it'll take a determined business/legal firm with deep pockets to start turning Michigan into a Colorado. (Keep hope alive)..

Now is when we should petition High Times to lobby for Michigan, if only to help legally to prevent those corrupt takeovers like the corporate bandits you just mentioned.

The commercial growers are probably already plotting a way to stop stash size growers like me form trying to DIY my own baldy needed herbal pharmacology.

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. I put my 2 newly germinated seeds in my pre soaked jiffy peat pods and when I added a bit of water, it splashed on one seed jumped right out of the dirt and fell 4 inches breaking off her little head (a sad case of seed suicide).

Update on the Gelado.

Just over 3 weeks old and still 3 inches high. She's looking perky so I finished the top feed portion of the Bubbleponics system and with a little luck, she may have a growth spurt. 50 percent Weak Floragrow solution. Water PH is 7.3 @ 78° at last check. Temporarily under 2 4ft T12, until the Led grow lights come in a week . Just ring in if she's expected to thrive or not or if there's anything in the over priced (and over-my-head) recipe for success starter kit that she needs.

Now is when we should petition High Times to lobby for Michigan, if only to help legally to prevent those corrupt takeovers like the corporate bandits you just mentioned.

The commercial growers are probably already plotting a way to stop stash size growers like me form trying to DIY my own baldy needed herbal pharmacology.

They are indeed lobbying against the right to grow provisions. Its unlikely to happen but they're trying.

The 7.3 pH seems high for water culture. I'm not familiar with that nutrient though so maybe I missed something

They are indeed lobbying against the right to grow provisions. Its unlikely to happen but they're trying.

The 7.3 pH seems high for water culture. I'm not familiar with that nutrient though so maybe I missed something
You are correct turbo, hydro enviorments thrive between 5.5 and 6.5 ph with 5.8-6.0 being optimal and where the plants can take up the widest range of nutrients

Which is better for a confined space 2deep×4wide×10high?

These are within my budget.

1800W COB LED Grow Light Full Spectrum LED Plant Grow Lights with only on and off switch

1500w LED Grow Light with Bloom and Veg Switch

OR

1800W COB LED Grow Light Full Spectrum LED Plant Grow Lights with only on and off switch

depends on a lot of factors. guaranteed they are not truly drawing that wattage for starters. the brand and manufacturer make a huge difference. one or both may be great or a complete bust.

it's kind of like saying i need a car.... which would be best ? one with blue seats or one with a red hood ?

your best bet is read up on whats available, learn the specs and what they mean, and strongly consider building a cob or quantum based light.

you can't buy a light as good as you can build. hands down.

depends on a lot of factors. guaranteed they are not truly drawing that wattage for starters. the brand and manufacturer make a huge difference. one or both may be great or a complete bust.

it's kind of like saying i need a car.... which would be best ? one with blue seats or one with a red hood ?

your best bet is read up on whats available, learn the specs and what they mean, and strongly consider building a cob or quantum based light.

I'll probably need to spread out to other chat areas and get to see what other resources are here.

Footprint of the lights make a big difference

Usually 2 lights work best in a 2x4 do to narrow and long

I have two GROWant lights that do great in my 2x4 when I ran those, $100 lights each, like 115w actual draw per light

Now I use 2-qb288bds pumping around 200w

Fits and does great

So keep that in mind, even a light that pulls 300w actually from the wall, the footprint may never cover the ends of the space

I have a feeling the $$$ is going to keep flowing just like the water in my garden. After I buy better lights and a couple nutrients, im shredding my credit card. Enough is enough; my goal is to grow my own and SAVE MONEY!

At this rate (as a light smoker 15/20 grams a month), I won't recoup my investment for almost 6 months AFTER my first plant is harvested.

Ya gotta look at the long term

Once you get yer main stuff, only needs will be nutes and seeds a year

And yer home grown will be much better than most dispensary stuff once you get it dialed in

Update

I decided on Switching to Bubbleponics in plastic buckets (tossing out the bin reservoir) and after a few days of topfed she had a good growth spurt and seems to be going into her early vegetative states. Oh, what a relief to see her doing better.

By the end of the month I should have 2 or maybe even 3 different plants working a couple weeks apart.

I managed to DIY a miniature green-house with a vinyl zippered bag as a seedling nursery; And it's a hit with the seeds...

I placed a dry seed an inch into a wet jiffy peat and in just 4 days, look at it over 2 inches tall! I had to brace her up with scrap rockwool.

1732204 (was already pre installed in it's 4" rockwool)

A bit of advice my friend

I'd suggest LIKING or replying to the people who comment on yer threads

It's really hard to tell if you see, read, agree or disagree with the comments

Makes it really hard to know if you saw what we said, or care ..lol

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom