Seeking A Sympathetic Guru! I'm 4 Years As A Medical User & New Grower

Lights, with a humidity dome over the

Not close light, but they need light to reach for
Thanks
I have my lights lowered to about 20" or so above the reservoir for my current developing plant so I'll just place a sheet of white paper on top the dome to buffer the intensity.

Does anybody know of a growers (physical) meeting places hall or clubhouse type place? In my teens I was a CB Radio enthusiast and we had a monthly social meeting place called a "Coffee Break" !

I've never been a drinker or the barfly type. Since Michigan is moving under the cloak of legal recreational marijuana, WHEN and where are we going find local "Smoking Lounges"???

I have a question about lighting;

When it comes to the flowering stages I have considered 400 Watt HPS for my 4' x 2' cubby but they give off high heat and costly to run. Is there a lower cost alternative to hps?

I have a question about lighting;

When it comes to the flowering stages I have considered 400 Watt HPS for my 4' x 2' cubby but they give off high heat and costly to run. Is there a lower cost alternative to hps?
I use led lights that are “full spectrum” as the industry calls them, they have 2 switches to control the vegetation and flowering lights all in one light, they’re a little more costly to purchase but in my OPINION they are worth their weight in gold, they generally use about half the electricity for an HID equivalent although any lights will create a decent amount of heat in that space I’d recommend looking into some sort of air exchanger with a activated carbon filter to bring fresh air into the closet and the smelly hot air out

Hps will grow some great plants, how I started, but does put out a lot of heat, especially if it's not in a hood and ducted

Some led are really nice, some are decent, get what you pay for
Some inexpensive led, two $100 ones, would do well in a 2'x4' space

Hos will grow some great plants, how I started, but does put out a lot of heat, especially if it's not in a hood and ducted

Some led are really nice, some are decent, get what you pay for
Some inexpensive led, two $100 ones, would do well in a 2'x4' space
Exactly what I was thinking, (2) 400 watt equivalent LED panels would work wonders in that space

Does anybody know of a growers (physical) meeting places hall or clubhouse type place? In my teens I was a CB Radio enthusiast and we had a monthly social meeting place called a "Coffee Break" !

I've never been a drinker or the barfly type. Since Michigan is moving under the cloak of legal recreational marijuana, WHEN and where are we going find local "Smoking Lounges"???

we have a couple grower's clubs locally here. the problem is the organizers set them up only to monetize them. they become a platform for corporate sponsors and businesses trying to sell specific product.

some of the best local growers have been approached to "contribute experience", but they won't go near them. many don't want to go public as the law could get restricted or repealed depending on whose gov't gets elected.

there won't be smoking lounges here as smoking even tobacco in a public space is illegal.

Thanks, I just searched my Amazon and found a 1000 watt full spectrum LED for 125$, about the same price as the 400 Watt HPS lighting I was ready to buy. I'm on a fixed income and have to be concerned about the overhead of running my grow.

The room is, as I've said, 4 x 2 but the double doors are ceiling high, and the room is a bit drafty so I shouldn't have to worry about overheating or ventilation. I have a small 40 Watt ceramic heater at hand to compensate for any chills or drafts, as well as a 10 inch Oscillating fan AND an adjustable Atomizzing Humidifier as needed for the dry winter air. I shouldn't encounter any external environmental problems.

What about summer time? Are you going to run into heat issues? Ventilation is needed not only to remove heat but to refresh the C02 and oxygen around the plant as well as keeping mold away.

Some leds put off quite a bit of heat. Especially the big ones with all of the fans.

you may want a carbon filter and fan for simple odour control. even if legal and not personally bothersome it can become excessive. the laws here state the growing of cannabis cannot encroach on a neighbours enjoyment of their own property, including odour.

One light may not be wide enough to cover 4' fully, keep that in mind
I second this, 2 smaller lights will be better spaced apart than trying to cram the plants under 1 light, the brand light I use is called Viparspectra and I have nothing but good words about them, I had a light fail after 2 years of use and it had taken a fall damaging the led board, I emailed them and they let me diagnose the light (good electrical background) and sent the light to them and they repaired it and sent it back to me, has been working fine since, I have (4) of their 600 watt lights in a 6’x8’ space, realistically I need 2 more in that space to be sufficient and 4 more would be optimal. As is I need to add a heat pump to the room for the summer time, a AC unit works but draws a lot of juice that’s unneeded. But they have a really nice 400 watt version of that light I feel 2 would do that space wonders with a couple adjustable hangers

My budget for the flowering lights are around 150$ or less. And It'll likely not be able to put it off till April 1st AND before the flowering stages start.

You are looking mostly at the Chinese blurple lights at that price point. I think even diy kits are out of reach.

If you could shrink your footprint you could get a 315 cmh that will flower a 3x2or a 3x3 for $180 on Amazon. There are a few ceramic metal halide (cmh) growers on here. You could check out their grows and ask questions about heat and so forth. There is a cmh tutorial on Growweedeasy.com. as well.

Your most important piece of equipment is your light. It may cost more upfront for a decent light. It will cost less to run and provide you with more/better meds per grow, paying for itself quickly.

My budget for the flowering lights are around 150$ or less. And It'll likely not be able to put it off till April 1st AND before the flowering stages start.

you might get lucky with some used old school hps or mh lighting. guys here can't get rid of them fast enough, even the local hydro shops are dumping them wholesale. scour your used listings.

if not in a legal place tho be careful, the po-po here used to run a craigslist scam just to roll up would be home growers.

I'm living alone in a small single family house and in Michigan I'm sure it's legal to growny my own.

About the lights. I am just now germinating my new seeds in jiffy pots, and there's a young plant in water already SO how long before I'll ACTUALLY need these flowering lights? Keeping in mind I am paid the first of each month and a can't go much over $200 on any given project.

Back
Top Bottom