Seeking A Sympathetic Guru! I'm 4 Years As A Medical User & New Grower

Roots will seek out water, they will go down, down , down, gravity baby...lol

The main root ball will be in the water after a week or two and thrive

I understand what yer thinking, but do some research on the DWC method

You can do your original process if you want, yer call my friend, I'm just trying to help and make it easy for you since you have 3.5 week old plant that's 2" tall

Most DWC are not top feed, especially if yer learning

Roots will seek out water, they will go down, down , down, gravity baby...lol

The main root ball will be in the water after a week or two and thrive

I understand what yer thinking, but do some research on the DWC method

You can do your original process if you want, yer call my friend, I'm just trying to help and make it easy for you since you have 3.5 week old plant that's 2" tall

Most DWC are not top feed, especially if yer learning
Will do. Thanks a ton.

Funny but true. I just googled dwc cannabis and here's the first thing that hit; Bubbleponics top fed. So maybe I found a name after all. Lol.

I'll try this method for 2 or 3 weeks and see how it goes.

Sorry Scorpio if this rubbes you the wrong way but, I still intend to think about some drip method if only to forgive my worries about nutrient and water stagnation in the rockwool. I can't conceive of any harm to any roots by continous flowing nutrients...

I just invested in a hydro air pump 1724949
I'll probably "need" to DIY my own bubble rings, unless I can find some really cheap that's not 3-4 weeks coming from China.

I'll keep you posted.

I found some cheap circular flat air stones. I should have enough to test this Bubbleponics system end have it up and running by the next transplant. It seems that the bubbles are keeping this rockwool plenty wet. I'm learning how the system works and how simple it is.

I really, really appreciate your advice. I hope the new air driver is going to be "Quiet" because I'm a light sleeper!

Ok, I have been following this thread from the start sort of and would like to chime in now that I’ve seen enough information, first of all I would like to thank you for your service Warezaholic..

I have tried the DWC method and while it is ok, I found it to be very time consuming and almost counterproductive, but I do love hydroponics and I have switched to a method called undercurrent, it keeps your nutrients mixing all the time and keeps a good circulation of the nutrients thru the roots of the plant, it’s a cheap system to build compared to some and makes it easy for changing your water, here’s a picture of mine. And as far as making your air pump a little quitter if you hang it from some kind of bungee cord it will take the vibration off the floor.

Attachments

• 7B903411-7ED3-4522-BA23-612001A693E4.jpeg
    7B903411-7ED3-4522-BA23-612001A693E4.jpeg
    440.1 KB · Views: 114
  • B57C2FED-E0C5-4E12-AF0B-CC78C0391B3B.jpeg
    B57C2FED-E0C5-4E12-AF0B-CC78C0391B3B.jpeg
    739 KB · Views: 121
Thanks Camaro, it seems that when it comes to home growing, Just like Love, there's a method for everyone. I can try to take a picture tomorrow if you want, here's the short version. I started building my garden with thi 45 gallon tote "WITH THREE 5 G Buckets connected at the bottom via half inch tubing. It just got too complicated for my 4 x 2 closet space i have available (3 ten inch pots just enough room. The advice I'm getting from Scorpio is making me start to relax about a cheap and easy way to "Feed my Weed". I have darn near everything to get through vegetative. Next month I'm gonna get about 3 or 400 Watt HPS ready (counting my chickens...)

Thanks Camaro, it seems that when it comes to home growing, Just like Love, there's a method for everyone. I can try to take a picture tomorrow if you want, here's the short version. I started building my garden with thi 45 gallon tote "WITH THREE 5 G Buckets connected at the bottom via half inch tubing. It just got too complicated for my 4 x 2 closet space i have available (3 ten inch pots just enough room. The advice I'm getting from Scorpio is making me start to relax about a cheap and easy way to "Feed my Weed". I have darn near everything to get through vegetative. Next month I'm gonna get about 3 or 400 Watt HPS ready (counting my chickens...)
The simpler the better my friend, some of the best weed I’ve seen has been from people who just throw the seeds in the ground and let them do their thing. We’re all here as a family though and everyone will do their best to guide you in the right direction

I posted the wrong picture, here's the right one.

VIVOSUN Air Pump 950 GPH 32W 60L/min

Hi.

I'm a disabled and handicapped Nam Vet for since 1975. I stopped using prescription painkillers long ago but only started cannabis medical relief 4 years ago, it's now way too costly to buy since the wife passed away a year ago and the loss of half our income...

This month Michigan law now allows me to relax about having a small hydro grow in my closet= 4 ft X 2 ft high ceiling, room for three hydroponic pots but I'm only growing 2 plants.

Im starting my seeds right now but I need to be sure I have a successful first grow so I'll describe my setup and welcome advice about my setup before I kill my first 2 plants now in infancy.

I'm using a 45 gallon black tote from Home Depot. I read that red lava rock is rich with favorable minerals so I put 4 inches on the bottom and am reducing 15 or so gallons of water with jugs and plastic bottles filled with tap water to reduce the need for that much water and essential nutrients and then I plan on about 20/25 gallons of feeding water.

After buying all nutritional materials, clay pellets and rockwool media is already purchased as well as 4 ft florescent lights and timer.

Questions one:

IF, I use aquarium water conditioner, can tap water be used along with high aeration and pond pump circulation and drip feeder? Or is purified water a must?

Q 2: is commercially purchased and packaged seed swapping allowed in the USA?

I've noticed hundreds of YouTube videos and dozens of (highly opinionated) DIY methods of every economy so am i on a fools errand in my choice of methods?

Hope I'm not causing any sensory overload!
Thanks for your service to our great nation, Welcome to this forum, I use plain tap water in my DWC but I live near mountains and a nice fresh water source, it really depends on your water.

I'm bordering on Detroit and I'm relying on public water and like fine wine, I give it time to breathe and just add some chemical love and Wahala; I tell my plant "just be happy we don't live in Flint" !!! And hope for Roots worthy of a cripple old man.

But reallly: I can only dig so deep in the tally and the price of bottled water is cost prohibitive. I keep a supply of store bought purified water for early seeding stages.

I had no issues when I was using city water, I had 2 totes stacked on top of each other the top one had a pvc pipe going thru the top of the bottom bucket, I set the height I wanted the water to reach in the second tote with this pipe and had a water pump attached to the side of the bottom bucket to pump it into the top one, this did a couple things, allowed the pump to raise the temperature of the water as to not shock the plants, and kept the water from going stagnant or growing algae, and helped remove chlorine from the water, and it also promoted better mixing of the nutrients soo I could get more accurate PH and nutrient readings. I would fill the totes a day or 2 before nutrient changes for the temperature to rise, this system also allowed me to fill my different stations without lifting a bucket or a hose, I had valves and “Y” splitters to direct the water different places or to the sump pump to drain everything, the pump in my undercurrent system also went had a line going to the sump pump.

I am a hydro and soil grower... my best advice, be "Johnny On The Spot". Hydroponics are a risky learning medium for new growers. I prefer soil for its buffing capacity and forgiving nature. If the grow works out, I tip my hat to you. If you don't get the results you are looking for, try soil. I prefer FFOF, and I supplement with perlite and guano. I use FF liquid nutes sparingly while growing. Good luck

I am putting the drip feeding system on hold while my 1st plant is sitting atop this Bubbleponics system and see if it does the JOB. She's had a rough start but for now she looks to be viable.

I have a question; I started two more beans and after popping, placed them in Jiffy peat pod planter on Thursday night.

Q- should they be kept in the shade for a while OR under the lights?

Hi.

I'm a disabled and handicapped Nam Vet for since 1975. I stopped using prescription painkillers long ago but only started cannabis medical relief 4 years ago, it's now way too costly to buy since the wife passed away a year ago and the loss of half our income...

This month Michigan law now allows me to relax about having a small hydro grow in my closet= 4 ft X 2 ft high ceiling, room for three hydroponic pots but I'm only growing 2 plants.

Im starting my seeds right now but I need to be sure I have a successful first grow so I'll describe my setup and welcome advice about my setup before I kill my first 2 plants now in infancy.

I'm using a 45 gallon black tote from Home Depot. I read that red lava rock is rich with favorable minerals so I put 4 inches on the bottom and am reducing 15 or so gallons of water with jugs and plastic bottles filled with tap water to reduce the need for that much water and essential nutrients and then I plan on about 20/25 gallons of feeding water.

After buying all nutritional materials, clay pellets and rockwool media is already purchased as well as 4 ft florescent lights and timer.

Questions one:

IF, I use aquarium water conditioner, can tap water be used along with high aeration and pond pump circulation and drip feeder? Or is purified water a must?

Q 2: is commercially purchased and packaged seed swapping allowed in the USA?

I've noticed hundreds of YouTube videos and dozens of (highly opinionated) DIY methods of every economy so am i on a fools errand in my choice of methods?

Hope I'm not causing any sensory overload!
Check out z7 or hydrogaurd for your roots enzyme cleaner empty once a week with res change ?

Back
Top Bottom