Seeking A Sympathetic Guru! I'm 4 Years As A Medical User & New Grower

Hi.

I'm a disabled and handicapped Nam Vet for since 1975. I stopped using prescription painkillers long ago but only started cannabis medical relief 4 years ago, it's now way too costly to buy since the wife passed away a year ago and the loss of half our income...

This month Michigan law now allows me to relax about having a small hydro grow in my closet= 4 ft X 2 ft high ceiling, room for three hydroponic pots but I'm only growing 2 plants.

Im starting my seeds right now but I need to be sure I have a successful first grow so I'll describe my setup and welcome advice about my setup before I kill my first 2 plants now in infancy.

I'm using a 45 gallon black tote from Home Depot. I read that red lava rock is rich with favorable minerals so I put 4 inches on the bottom and am reducing 15 or so gallons of water with jugs and plastic bottles filled with tap water to reduce the need for that much water and essential nutrients and then I plan on about 20/25 gallons of feeding water.

After buying all nutritional materials, clay pellets and rockwool media is already purchased as well as 4 ft florescent lights and timer.

Questions one:

IF, I use aquarium water conditioner, can tap water be used along with high aeration and pond pump circulation and drip feeder? Or is purified water a must?

Q 2: is commercially purchased and packaged seed swapping allowed in the USA?

I've noticed hundreds of YouTube videos and dozens of (highly opinionated) DIY methods of every economy so am i on a fools errand in my choice of methods?

Hope I'm not causing any sensory overload!
chillin.png
JPEG_20190128_142536_7709509739145840199.jpg
chillin.png
Nukeheads seeds google it they are having sale now

Nukeheads seeds google it they are having sale now

I have tried to make it work on Nukeheads seeds twice but I cannot finish checkout because it keeps taking me to Facebook and I don't know the email connected to my Facebook. My granddaughter setup my Facebook 18 months ago, she doesn't remember either. Why am I forced to use Facebook?? Is there another way?

I have tried to make it work on Nukeheads seeds twice but I cannot finish checkout because it keeps taking me to Facebook and I don't know the email connected to my Facebook. My granddaughter setup my Facebook 18 months ago, she doesn't remember either. Why am I forced to use Facebook?? Is there another way?
You don’t have to go to their Facebook page www.nukeheads.com . If you want to get back on Facebook there’s a option for you to get a new password they have a great learning grow group of members

Thanks tons!! This is looking like the easiest and cheapest way to buy.

Placed the order Monday and still not seen it in my statement yet, so i don't yet know about the shipping methods or schedules.

Am i allowed to talk about my plants and post pictures? I have an amazing story about the one that seemed like a certain goner but I performed open rockwool surgery and I think I saved her.

Thanks tons!! This is looking like the easiest and cheapest way to buy.

Placed the order Monday and still not seen it in my statement yet, so i don't yet know about the shipping methods or schedules.

Am i allowed to talk about my plants and post pictures? I have an amazing story about the one that seemed like a certain goner but I performed open rockwool surgery and I think I saved her.

I had to actually call and make an inquiry about the payment for my Nuke Heads order and only then did they approve the payment (on the spot) and claim the order should be shipped in a few days...

I made an earlier remark about my sour diesel sprout raised it head 1/4" above the substrate and it simply STOPPED right there with zero growth while a different sprout germinated a week later grew to a healthy 3 inches!

Convinced that the Deisel was hopelessly damaged I opened the rockwool to see that the root has barely started to grow (see pictures). My response was to give that root a heavy coating of "cloning gel" and transplanted in new rockwool. Now, So far, the plant seems to be in recovery by growing nearly an inch and seems to be blooming as well.
20190205_152711.jpg
20190206_160017.jpg

Now My thinking is what would happen if I treated every NEW germinated seed root (and new transplant media) with cloning gel and see if it promotes faster rooting processes?!?

I'm thinking that I'm not the first person to try this to save a hopeless seedling with cloning gel and or as an alternative seedling food source.

Please chime in with your thoughts

Now My thinking is what would happen if I treated every NEW germinated seed root (and new transplant media) with cloning gel and see if it promotes faster rooting processes?!?

I'm thinking that I'm not the first person to try this to save a hopeless seedling with cloning gel and or as an alternative seedling food source.

Please chime in with your thoughts
Isn't cloning gel growth hormone? I don't use it. It would stand to reason that it works if that were the case.

Nice " surgery" that you did on your little girl. She looks much happier.

Well, after all my measures, the little Deisel just ran out of gas and I put her out of her misery yesterday. That makes all but one of 7 or 8 seeds I bought from England never made a viable root. But that One is flourishing... I guess this makes her my "$80 Great Green Hope"!

I'm getting a new batch in a day or two.

Started germinating 2 more from my new batch. Sure hope I have better luck with these ladies.

This is the only survivor and at about 25 days from seed to this picture.

This is my first time growing ganja and I would appreciate if someone would
Please let me know if it's growing properly.

I just wanted to chime in with a quick THANK YOU for your service @warezaholic , I'm as green as they come so I can't help yet, but good luck with the grow! Cheers from up by the bridge!

So just stopping by

Baby Looks a little ruff

Can you give me all yer info on yer DWC grow
Those big pucks can be a challenge and drown yer babies, I'd recommend root riots over those

Nutes?
Strength of nutes, ie 1/4, 1/2??
Additives?
Any hydroguard or z7?
Water distance below net pot?
Water pH?
Tap or RO water?

Pic of bubbles
Pic of roots
Any Goopies or rings at water line?

Let's see what we can do here

Back