Seeking A Sympathetic Guru! I'm 4 Years As A Medical User & New Grower

Ya, those are real watts

When people say 600-1000w for a 4x4 tent, that's the watts they mean, the actual watts at the outlet

I think you're confusing me. My total electric draw (at the wall) is at or under 1200 watts. Im not sure what you're saying.

I'm thinking you're a bigger grower and probably use top of the line equipment.

Im forced to use the bargain basement equipment!

My 4 pots will occupy a 4.5 x 2.5 foot area.

700w for 3 plants is a lot, not sure you will need that much

I'd check the footprint on the 2000w light at 24", bet it will cover all 3 plants

What I meant was, for 4'x4' tent/area most strive for 600-1000 true watts for that space

You could have 700w for yer little space, not sure u need that much, yet

Heat will be your biggest issue, in veg plants use 300-500 ppfd of usable light. In flower they use 800-1000 ppfd so check to see if the manufacturer states ppfd values.

Im cooking 5 beans as we speak (4 indoor hydro's and 1 outside in dirt.

So the 2 of the smaller 1000 watt'ers I already have will be more than enough?
Then, I should forget the 2g watter.

I have heard that we strive for one gram per watt but I also realize these are all autoflowering and therefore have a limited yield.

I already have 2 (one here now and one being shipped) 1000 Watt lamps and can "easily" hang a third one in the space I have; and my plans have always included one more for 3000 Watts to compete with higher quality COB OR HPS lighting.

If 2 are actually sufficient, then I'll have a spare, cheapo light if one of the other cheapo's fails again...

I am in the position to stockpile everything I might need for much leaner times (such as gallon size chemicals and nutrients); and like lighting and other foreseeable items. I'm putting up to $1K additional stockpiling for the next 2 or 3 grows because after the tax refund comes, I'm right back to bootstrapping my economy!!!

Between you and PENNYWISE, I'm still tweaking the process so this can end up being a yearlong (or longer), thread...

Do ya'll have a current grow I can follow along with? I have an extra old cell phone I'm dedicating as a stationary, dedicated timelapse camera to document this grow from beans to buds!

I used 2- 115w in a 2'x4' tent, worked well

Currently have a 220w of QBs in same tent and doing fantastic

Yer two 1000w should be fine for now, or just the 2000w, yer call really

My grow is in my signature to, current is this one

You aren't making any sense to me right now. Im lost with the ways you're explaining the science of these lights!

Thus far she's been under 2000 watts since birth. Now is full vegetative maybe another 3 to 6 weeks till budding.

Then the four applicants waiting for a college dorm can be admitted to the Skid Row Closet Grow!

I'm not sure if more light will hurt OR HELP??? If it won't hurt, I'm considering a 3rd light if it DOES HURT, I'll stay with 2 and perhaps keep #3 as a spare!

The industry seems only interested in SELL, SELL, SELL... Somebody could EASILY spend 10K$$$ ON GROWING JUST $1000. WORTH OF BUD!

One minute I'm talking to Scorpio And the next it's PENNYWISE:

This is not helping the confusion.

300-500 ppfd of usable light. In flower they use 800-1000 ppfd

This formula is how I was instructed to measure the nutrients with the ppm meter. I have never strayed from it except to go to "the lighter side of those numbers" as was recommended...

I'm lost, and I'm out! I'll try to figure it all out later after the pipe s-mellow's my brain!

Actual Watts?, this version of grow school is in need of some serious illustrations.

The videos have had growers complaining about not enough light (especially in the corners) for a crowded room of auto's. But nobody specifically mentions led wattage vs electric outlet wattage (EXCEPT these damn MARS LIGHTS they're trying their damndest to sell FOR BIG $$$)

Quick school

Your 1000w say they are 150w at the outlet, right

150w is true watts, where the 1g/watt comes from

Not the fictitious wattage they claim as the 1000w

That make sense???

This is how i read the specs. Each lamp (say 1000 watts comes from the number of 10 WATT LED's) so 100 Diodes on the lamp, they claim is a 1000 Watt light.

The rest of the solar science stuff is probably over my head (even though I've seen every documentary about astronomy EVER Made).

Leds have drivers that supply power, you may have 100x 10w diodes but the driver only puts out 300w. Most leds are under powered to give them a longer life. If you want an extra light so you'll have it that's fine but you probably won't need it in your current space.

Also keeping in mind that each Diode emitts "the equivalent of" 10 watts.

Then Diode colors are divided into all the the spectrums.

Back
Top Bottom