Seeking A Sympathetic Guru! I'm 4 Years As A Medical User & New Grower

I'm reminiscing about the old "Dwarf Gelato" that got skunk roots and wasted 4 weeks of tlc.

It's already half the size of the other two same age: 1 week after germination.

It looks like the little seedling with a broken birth leaf will pull through!

I came to a money/time saving realization. When the seedlings are ready for transplanting, It's much better, easier and cheaper to start the net-pots in 3.5 gallon buckets until the root system gets a good bulky start! then transfer them to the 5 gallon buckets.

Makes $cents$ to me

right now they're is 2 inch rockwool starters and I use clay pellets. I was advised in here to simply put the plugs directly in the pots on the clay and support all around with the clay; foregoing rockwool or choir cubes. must not have been you!

PLASTIC CUPS!!! For a while there, I forgot who I was speaking to , LOL.

Will lose cocoa choir foul out the water after it goes into the clay pellets?

Maybe i should just buy some choir cubes and transplant those rockwool plugs into.

I have this in my Amazon cart

Professional Grade Buffered Grow Cubes 9 Pack

1666044761835.png

right now they're is 2 inch rockwool starters and I use clay pellets. I was advised in here to simply put the plugs directly in the pots on the clay and support all around with the clay; foregoing rockwool or choir cubes. must not have been you!

I'll figure out a way to incorporate coco choir it sounds interesting and less risk of water over soaking and retention.

I'm off to study this more.

Thanks

I have a brick of coco coir and a bag of perlite but it's not a very simple thing to say the least. I've already started them in rockwool so the first roots are coming through so I'll need to decide on something sooner than later. I have 4x4 rockwool that I can use, and for only 3 seedlings, I'm not sure if coco is worth the work.

Hey pennywise, that coco is some crazy stuff! I never mixed it before and my only container could barely hold half and the full bundle took 5 gallons of rain water and I'll mix the perlite and fertilizer as I need it, I'm only using it for outdoor grow. I should have about 3 or 4 buckets outside and 3 or 4 inside.

My current autoflowering plant is 9 weeks old now and still has no signs of actual bud growth. However it does look healthy!

I've plucked off over an oz of excess leaves over the last month or so. And every time I trim, it comes right back in 3 days.

Since I read on the internet about topping autoflowers and I topped it at the 7th node, it would be at least a foot taller than 17 inches! AND, since it came to me as a bonus seed, from a batch of 3 autoflowering, (none of which germinated) so it's pretty much an "unknown"!

Back
Top Bottom