Seeking A Sympathetic Guru! I'm 4 Years As A Medical User & New Grower

Those 2 in the cups that were reaching tall, were just raised about a foot closer to the light if that might help.

Seeing this one in full bloom has me concerned about even 3 in the same small space. Maybe that grow tent IS lurking in my future after all.

My misconception was that auto's are little shit's (I came into this hobby with a bucket load of Pre-misconceptions)!

The month old Kush is downright jamin. Roots are "touching the pond"... another few days and it'll be time to infuse its first baby formula.

Oh hell, it just occurred to me that in a minute, I'll turn into "Daddy Day Care" over here with FIVE more hungry Root-Mass's to feed.

Fate's, Save The Innkeeper so I don't turn into the Crypt Keeper!

If I get hospitalized, I don't even have a reliable babysitter...

But mine are not the DWC hooked up to something like that and in heavy root, the water needs to be topped every day.

Once the granddaughters are out of school, they usually spend most of summer break here with me! BUT AND BUT; ONE just turned 18 and the other 16 and teenage girls try desperately to omit elders from their lives as much as possible, so unless the 18yo shows up at my door homeless, PaPoo, (grandpa), is alone, and this is a likely scenario. Just pray she'll not be homeless and pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!! She's a hard enough woman to live with as it is...

It's not registering sir. I would imagine that won't work while each bucket is a totally self contained environment; no common recirculating capabilities. So i would think they could over fill or even overflow, and would think all the buckets would need to be interconnected with the common supply source? I have a reliable water pump leftover from the faild pond experiment and the water filter waste of time! But I can't figure out what you have without some pictures or illustrations.

It just occurred to me to mention that my post are Bubbleponic not coco. So there's my dilemma.

I can't just walk away from them for 2 or 3 days

lol

Technical Question:

How big the "minimum" size to hold a grown root mass in coco?

Are you familiar with the 6 inch hydroponic baskets? I'm thinking if the root mass can fill a 6 inch hydroponic basket before needing transplant, i have a way to avoid damaging the mass of roots without losing coco around the root ball without putting it in distress.

I see myself making a photo record, if it works.

Plus I'm sure I'm not the first to think of it...

Really in coco it’s not so critical because you can feed more often. I’ve always used a minimum 3 gallon soft pot for coco. A 1 gallon going into a 3 gallon is a good fit.

If the cocoa material is in a big enough nylon netted bag and fitted snugly into into the 6 inch nanny pot, the whole kabob can be moved in a tight mass to the final pot.

This way the nanny pot can let all excess water's flow strait down into the bucket to be recycled and keep my floors dry!

Then they're tucked safely in my house for another month or so. Those plastic cups make me really nervous with do much activity around them.
IMG_20190525_150658.jpg

Thats even better because I have a mountain of 3.5 gallon buckets on hand. And maybe a 12 inch nanny pot can now be used and moved around until they're more mature and going outside and placed without disturbing the root mass.

At any rate. Immediately after the roots are visible, it time to pick it up and set em in deep "coco".

Once outside i have the auto water gizmos all set up.

Ya know, even if each nugget is the size of my thumb, I'll be a happy scamp. There's probably more than 2 dozen potential bigwigs and a bunch more below

It's Saturday and the only hot day this week and I couldn't even get the lawnmower running . It's been 6 days but with this much rain it looks Double.

I need to conceal them inside until I'm sure the landlord has finished spring repairs 2 or 3 weeks minimum. Those plastic cups are not gonna last that long so as soon as the roots can develop, I'll transplant them inside for the time being. This time of year is hectic for most of us so i can't rush him.

Wow, after all the shit I put this plant through, I'm DAMN LUCKY to have her at all; especially while considering her demise last week when it didn't "begin" to flower until 10+ weeks. I made up my mind to dump it if it didn't flower be the bell for the next class.. I think she's safe until my next brain-fart...

And its pouring doe rain again. 3 days without rain or threat of rain since the snow melted.

Until Murphy interferes, this next bunch looks like I'll be working 5 plants in three different flavors and two different hydroponic grow medium (and a partridge in a pear tree).

So after $200 for seeds, I'm guessing I'm still ahead of the game until I have to hire an assistant.

Back
Top Bottom