SF7000 spectrum: simple question

Tedmarx38

I have the above spider farmer light but I suspect this applies to all LED lights. I understand that plants need a different spectrum of light (eg blue vs red) for seedlings, vegetation and flowering stages. This light has a dimmer knob and the instructions say to go toward the highest setting for flowering

What they don’t tell you, though, is whether jacking up the intensity makes the colors for flowering more prominent than those for vegetation, or if it simply raises the intensity for all the colors uniformly.

I would think the lower settings should favor colors for vegetation and higher setting would favor flowering-oriented colors.

Seems like a simple q but I can’t find the answer. Thanks.

I have the above spider farmer light but I suspect this applies to all LED lights. I understand that plants need a different spectrum of light (eg blue vs red) for seedlings, vegetation and flowering stages. This light has a dimmer knob and the instructions say to go toward the highest setting for flowering

What they don’t tell you, though, is whether jacking up the intensity makes the colors for flowering more prominent than those for vegetation, or if it simply raises the intensity for all the colors uniformly.

I would think the lower settings should favor colors for vegetation and higher setting would favor flowering-oriented colors.

Seems like a simple q but I can’t find the answer. Thanks.
The spectrum is fixed; the dimmer varies the output.

"I understand that plants need a different spectrum of light (eg blue vs red) for seedlings, vegetation and flowering stages."
Photons cause plants to react in certain ways. Blue makes plants short and bushy, red makes plant grow taller. Below is a screenshot from a video by Paul Kusama, a former student of Bruce Bugbee and a researcher at University of Utah. I don't recall which one it was but I'm sure it's on YouTube.

1701293143087.png

That fixture puts out a lot of light. If you haven't already bought a light meter, I'd recommend that you get a Uni-T Bluetooth lux meter to measure light levels. Looking at the spectrum on the Spider site, a conversion factor of 0.15 will get you right in the ballpark though, if you've got the $$, a PAR meter removes all doubt.

Manufacturers used to offer mode switches for veg and flowering. This was back in the blurple days. Most current high end fixtures today are set up for growing with a full spectrum.

When you are dealing with lights of this caliber light will not be your limiting factor in your grow. Growing medium, nutrient levels, C02, and temp/humidity will limit what kind of growth and yield potential you will see.

Back
Top Bottom