Shaggn's 600W Hempy - Crop King - White Cookies & Purple Kush

I think I will do my last SoG with the bagseed in the cups. Then I will do the 10 White Cookies and maybe add the Purple Kush (hopefully all 10 pop). We will see when we get there. Might start a new thread for the bagseed SoG, then this one can stick to the title. I was going to buy two Mars reflector series 144/5 for my 3x3 bloom tent, unfortantly it will have to wait. Peace!!

Just bought some white cookies, gonna get them rocking as soon as they come in, subbed this good luck cant wait to see your success.

Shags,
How many tents do you have? SoG in both? You gonna be a busy bee. You hand watering through out the grow?

Just bought some white cookies, gonna get them rocking as soon as they come in, subbed this good luck cant wait to see your success.

Nice GOOch, can't tell ya much about White Cookies just yet. Can post your link to your journal here, if you wish. Get some info together on this strain!

Shags,
How many tents do you have? SoG in both? You gonna be a busy bee. You hand watering through out the grow?

I only have a veg tent and bloom tent... White cookies are going to be vegging for a while yet. I do hand water, but it crazy easy. In cups they get 6oz water or nutes, and in 2L they get 10-16oz depending on where they are in the cycle. Peace!!

My current grow is in my signature its crown royal which is a cross of blueberry and purple kush, I see you're running purple kush

Seedlings are coming along great!

Boy are you going to have your hands full in a few weeks, eh?

Keep it up, friend!

Luckily I'm used to having a lot on my plate. I used to run in the triple digits+ with a partner, till they started skimming. Since then lifestyle changes have occurred. Peace!!

My current grow is in my signature its crown royal which is a cross of blueberry and purple kush, I see you're running purple kush

Sweet, thanks for mentioning your link lol. I didn't see it there. I have 2 packs of PK, haven't decided whether to pop them just yet. Peace!!

Moved everything into the 2x4 tent.. Peace!!

IMG_131927.JPG

IMG_132124.JPG

IMG_132031.JPG

I stunted them slightly. I didn't know you could give them to much light. They weren't growing and I spent awhile trying to figure out what was wrong.... Took most of the bulbs out, next day they doubled in height!! Was very surprised that you could go to bright with T5's. Will post pics later. Peace!!

That's some nice action . I wanted to mention about the light cooler apparently the glass cover filters out some of the light and its use is therefore hindered. I am only making this comment on the expert advise I was given, the only way to find out for sure is by using a light meter . Also I wanted to point out that on the pic of your new seedlings in the tent you had them really high up and close to the light this may have had an effect on them not wanting/needing to reach for the light, it won't hurt it but at least we know for next time. Beautiful plants by the way can't wait to see her flowers yumyum

Thank you SDonaldson for your incite, and welcome aboard!!

The amount of light lost isn't enough to worry about, for me. What most often read is said percent lost blah blah. What nobody mentions anywhere is the increased lumens by getting closer to the bulb. Let's say I can get my 600hps 18" from canopy rated @ 13015 foot-candles, not very good.. Lets say 12" from canopy rated @ 29285 foot-candles. Now air-cooled I can get it to 8" from canopy rated @ 65890 foot-candles. That's quite an increase, plus I can do all this w/o needing to run an airconditioner, which is an unnecessary added expense. One thing I've learned when running air-cooled, always, always have your most powerful exhaust fan running just for the lights, gets all the hot air right outside. Then all you need is a smaller fan/filter rated for a little bigger than your grow space. Peace!!

Thanks Shaggin. Wow that sounds great. I will be doing the same then if that's the case, putting light meter on my wish list . I will do some testing and make some moe enquiries and see if it would suit my grow... ATM I have a small computer fan hanging off my ballast aimed straight at the light coming on with the light . Can't you run your filter fan straight through your cool tube?

You can run it all on one system. Problems arise when it gets hot out though. Hence the air conditioner to keep ambient temps lower. I ran it that way for the longest time and always had to raise the light a little higher and still fought the occasional high ambient temps. Running a separate fan to cool your lights is needed if you don't want to run an air conditioner unless it's winter. The extra fans is still cheaper on the hydro bill and not completely a waste of energy. The air conditioned ambient air just gets blown outside after cooling your lights. Unless your running a sealed room, whole different story that I have no experience with. Peace!!

Wanted to add that I've recently been shopping for an led/s unit to replace my HiD. I have found they put off a lot less heat, but also require a greater start-up cost. We will see :)

I've also been told LED's are useless.. I'm not entirely sure that's the case but I don't want to be let down in yield if they're crap. Apparently if you use a light meter under a LED 1200 you get the same amount of light from a single 20w LED from the hardware store.. IDK I'm sticking to what I know until I get proven results like the ones I get from my 600HPS yeaahooow its summer all day long under that baby

I've also been told LED's are useless.. I'm not entirely sure that's the case but I don't want to be let down in yield if they're crap. Apparently if you use a light meter under a LED 1200 you get the same amount of light from a single 20w LED from the hardware store.. IDK I'm sticking to what I know until I get proven results like the ones I get from my 600HPS yeaahooow its summer all day long under that baby ��
I wouldn't say all LEDs are useless. It depends on the brand as sure if you cheap out on a light, you wont get the good results. Just like a HPS bulbs from what I've heard. But if you use a good light from a good LED manufacture, you'll be set. Also, lumens / measuring with a light meter wont give you the complete equation as the light spectrum (PAR) is the key and you would have to measure that. Just check out Doc Bud's grow journals where he tries out LED for the first time for a review and then another one. Also, LEDs run at cooler temps than HPS. In my case LED was the only option because the grow area is hard to cool. The LED vs other lights debate is the same as soil vs hydro, to each is own.

Shaggn, I'm currently starting week 2 of flower for purple kush from crop king, my first grow. I was thinking of doing white cookies for next grow, so I'll be watching how yours go. My purple kush is bushy as hell. Tight nodes, like inch or less apart in some cases. g8 450 led at minimum distance helped with that I think. It was real low for the first couple weeks. I think it would love a sog or scrog, but I did a 75% mainline on it (and that was a pain with the tight nodes and didn't complete because it felt wrong to trim ;) and had to hurry up for flower, doesn't seem to have cared). The bud is nice dark purple at this point. Leaves have purple tints, which is normal for this strain from what I've read.

Hey Shaggin are you able to give me some advice on germinating CKS Purple Kush I've already killed 3 and it's hard to get deliveries down under. I think my problem was the high temp on the saucer with heat mart on. I used bottled water and kept it damp not too wet I sunk them all first before the saucer. I had both CKS White Widow and Purple Kush on the same saucer (PK took way longer to sink) and the WW took off not a problem but the PK just showed a tap root about 1mm and that was it all three CKS PK seeds did the same thing even after two weeks nothing past a 1mm tap root that eventually turned to mush Please Help

Most of it is a crap shoot... I've learned over time it's better to lean on the dryer side, being the paper towel is just slightly moist. That being said, some strains seeds are stubborn. Turning to mush tells me it was to moist. I've never used a heat mat so I'm not sure if maybe they got cooked. As I said in the Crop King germination thread is to take an unused fine grain nail file and lightly scratch the coating along the seeds seam. Has helped me with those stubborn seeds sometimes.... Peace!!

Back
Top Bottom