Should 420 Magazine Offer A General Amnesty To Suspended Accounts?

Should 420 Magazine Offer A General Amnesty To Suspended Accounts?

• Yes

Votes: 89 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 58 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can ban the account, but you can't ban the person behind it. If they really wanted to be here, they would be.

Amnesty on Twitter makes sense because many of those accounts are 'important people' using their own identity which also happens to be their brand. The banned accounts were revenue generators for Twitter. Now they are going to run it more like a business rather than being a political censor. Free speech should be a priority on Twitter.

I really like this forum. Whatever you are doing, please just keep doing it.

I just logged in, in a really long time, because I thought I got some spam, but apparently it is legit.

If that's how you want to run this thing, that's your prerogative. But to emulate a tool of the highest level because you think that is behavior to emulate? Count me out.

Inspiration? You took inspiration from what that fucktwat did? He only did his poll to see who was loyal, is that the intent of this? Because I can bet it backfires just as well.

But instead of wasting more of my time replying to emails I'm getting that I said I didn't want, I'll just leave.

Later.

I think this is a grat forum, and Rob is obviously doing a very god job )hence the forum).
I am all for patience and longsuffering, and also for standards. If Rob and his crew can make this site this good this far, then I feel confident that he will continue to do so.
I have gotten second chances and needed them. I have also met people who do not deserve second chances. But I feel confident that Rob and the staff will handle it very well.
Good job, 420~~!!

Guess everybody should get a second chance --but there are some variables which are left to Admin - sure posted rules wil be tested. there were a few times that "Teddy" deleted my posts ALWAYS giving me a reason. nothing but respect to Admin - takes alot to run a site and keep it current/ safe and watch out for spam, trolling. ect. There are many fourms out there but 420 is one of the orginal sites. just like if you don't like you neighborhood move - don't like site move to another site to spread your words _Peace

looking at musk as an example of anything is a warning sign right there,,

folks have moved on,, and on
I was just thinking of you the other day as I hadn't seen you. Glad to see you are still here.

I just logged in, in a really long time, because I thought I got some spam, but apparently it is legit.

If that's how you want to run this thing, that's your prerogative. But to emulate a tool of the highest level because you think that is behavior to emulate? Count me out.

Inspiration? You took inspiration from what that fucktwat did? He only did his poll to see who was loyal, is that the intent of this? Because I can bet it backfires just as well.

But instead of wasting more of my time replying to emails I'm getting that I said I didn't want, I'll just leave.

Later.
Fair enough. That's the kind of energy we don't want here.
Edit: I should say I don't want here. I don't speak for anyone but me. :Namaste:

@420 It seems pretty clear that the membership is fairly well split on the issue, though leaning towards second chances, but this is your business. You've put up a poll to guage our thoughts but at the end of the day it's a poll, not a vote we are weighing in with along with comments from those who choose to leave one.

I think we mostly are quite happy with the results you've achieved with whatever process you have and trust you to make the right call. I, personally, don't think you should feel bound by the results of the poll, but rather on what you think is best for the business.

If the results were heavily skewed one way or the other then I'm sure that would enter into your decision making, but they aren't so it's your call. If you feel like extending an olive branch to those previously banned and are willing to see how that plays out, then that's ok with a majority of us, at least so far.

I can’t count how many times I’ve needed a second chance.
I’ve gotten second chances and blown them while having good intentions unknowingly!
I’ve also used those chances to turn things around and make my situation better.
I’m all for offering second chances but as it was said a few times some people may not come back for pride reasons.

Also IF we are to unban accounts on a case to case basis and then give a probationary period.
Are we going to change the rules that were once broken to accommodate.

If they were banned for something that’s stated but isn’t as moderated now,
I think a general overview of what and why we’re banning people needs to be done as well.
Otherwise we may be in the same situation in a year.

This can be a slippery slope but I’m for second chances if the review and oversight is done correctly.
I’ve been using this site for years I have no doubts you all will run it the best way possible

who here hasn't changed over time? people learn, people mature. Im not the same person I was 20, yrs or even the same person I was a year ago. anyone who hasn't screwed up learned from it and changed I feel sorry for them. even most murderers get a second chance eventually.

How do suspensions work? Can an excommunicated just use another email and generate their own 2nd chance? 🤔
Yes but the idea is we like our name, our brand so to speak...and the powers that be decide if we are allowed to have that face and voice in public or not. Banned people who bypass the mods/ban and start new accts just have all of their posts removed and re-ban the new name.
If you want integrity, honor...then you have to create an online presence that isnt banned and wont get wiped clean the moment you show up.

This is an interesting question. Okay. First off, I'd love it if SweetSue could return as she really provided a lot of valuable information on the site and I think having her back again would benefit all of us. Whether she would want to or not is another story.

However, on the other hand, do I want all the drama and bullshit that some banded members brought to the board? When I was exploring other online cannabis communities, and let me just say, there are a lot of really rage-filled men out there. It was not a warm, inclusive vibe at all.

420 Magazine has rules. We've probably all broken them at one time or another but the rules are there for a good reason. Breaking them won't get you banned but disrespecting them will.

I don't think it should be a site-wide amnesty (although, that would probably be easiest) though. I think it should be decided on a case by case basis.

And, I also think you should suspend all accounts that haven't been used in say 5 years or 10 years because I see A LOT of them when I'm delivering birthday greetings.

I'd love it if SweetSue could return

i have never heard that Sue was banned in any way.

i do not think this is the case at all, and this thot should be stopped now

if i need to be corrected, please do so

I feel like I need to voice my opinion on this matter. Those of you who know me know that I am laid back, I do not have much in the way of filters so pretty much say what I believe. And I will do this with regards to the proposed amnesty program.

I am friends with many of the banned members of 420 and remain their friend. And unless the problems/reasons for their banishment have now become a non-issue in my opinion I don't think many would want to return. Again that is just my opinion. I would love to have them all back here again as I feel some were extremely knowledgeable and willing to share their knowledge.

And finally a thought that's been kicking around in my head since last night when I read this post is this. Would the threat of being permanently banned hold the same cause for concern in the future if amnesty is a possibility in the future?

I hope it all works out for the best and that everyone gets along famously.

If Elon jumped off a cliff, would you jump off too...???
I don't think that's a fair comment at all. He's not taking direction from anyone else, at least that I can see. He heard an idea that he thought had merit in his situation and referenced the source as many of us do when trying to give credit to the OP when we showcase ideas in our threads.

I don't get all the negativity this poll has stirred up. You're entitled to your opinion as is he, as are all of us. But I don't see that there is one right answer, but rather shades of grey as there are with most decisions in life.

who here hasn't changed over time? people learn, people mature. Im not the same person I was 20, yrs or even the same person I was a year ago. anyone who hasn't screwed up learned from it and changed I feel sorry for them. even most murderers get a second chance eventually.

some people do grow and learn and change very few.. but most dont ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom