Should 420 Magazine Offer A General Amnesty To Suspended Accounts?

Should 420 Magazine Offer A General Amnesty To Suspended Accounts?

• Yes

Votes: 89 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 58 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly think this could be a good thing.... I learned to grow on 420 from some members who don't seem to be around anymore , not because they have done wrong but because they got tired of conflict that could arise from trying to give advice to new members , one person says do this another says don't do that ..... Ive personally avoided voicing my knowledge just so I didn't start conflict. People shouldn't be afraid to voice there opinion on grows (pH, RH, temps , flushing etc...) But like I said earlier 420 has an ignore button why do people still consider to bicker is beyond me .... 420 is filled with years of knowledge and is a very positive place...... My first journal I was basically baby sat the entire way the help was amazing and it helped get me on feet in the grow world....... I think we need to stick to the old school roots and help new members have unreal grows!!!!!!
IMG_20220213_190941_920.jpg
20220213_161624.jpg
Screenshot_20220114-201635_Gallery.jpg

Forgive us our trespasses , as WE forgive those who trespass against us.. Now I am not a religious man (a bit of a heathen actually) but If you’re not prepared to forgive,, then you can expect no forgiveness in return .. It’s about the only thing in the good book that holds true to me,, and it has nothing to do with heaven or hell ,, and some things are unforgivable..

Forgive us our trespasses , as WE forgive those who trespass against us
It's not about being forgiven by the other person, it's about being forgiven by God himself. In reality God is the only thing that matters, nothing else can hurt you. Think of the biblical fiery furnace in Daniel chapter 3. The king placed the men inside but because they were right in the eyes of God they were spared.

Sometimes God allows others to hurt us. This is because of a sin we ourselves have committed. Sometimes it's a burglar sometimes it's the police, sometimes you just end up hurting yourself. Price of sin I say.

Thank you, I am excited to return to 420 Magazine. :adore::adore::adore::thanks::love:
Welcome back Smoke2js... are you one of the members to have been granted amnesty? It is such a great community. I see you were a member way back in 2013 :)

Hi. I have a few questions.
What rules and standards will you use to moderate the site? If they are the same rules and standards that applied at the time the transgressors had their accounts suspended, then what is the point of the amnesty?
I take it that members receive at least one warning before accounts are suspended, so they are given the opportunity to review their behaviour?
Is the proposed amnesty serving any practical purpose?
From what I've seen at 420 members are given quite a bit of latitude when it comes to the way we express and conduct ourselves.
This is one of the very best cannabis growing and information sites there is and to be banned forever seems a little extreme. Take me for instance, I have bipolar disorder and I have been banned and timed out on numerous sites. I have deleted more comments than I can count. And some 420 are still very young; under 18 even. These kids are going to grow up one day and want to rejoin the community. There is no such thing as a life-time ban anyway. Times change and one day, what they said may be acceptable or better yet, true.

This is one of the very best cannabis growing and information sites there is and to be banned forever seems a little extreme. Take me for instance, I have bipolar disorder and I have been banned and timed out on numerous sites. I have deleted more comments than I can count. And some 420 are still very young; under 18 even. These kids are going to grow up one day and want to rejoin the community. There is no such thing as a life-time ban anyway. Times change and one day, what they said may be acceptable or better yet, true.
Idk. Some people are just outright bad to the bone and threaten others. They deserve a lifetime ban I believe. I understand what 420 are saying and I am glad the amnesty benefits people who honestly want to learn from and contribute to the community.

I've seen 420 give a lot of chances before they suspended a few of them, No if they can't abide by the rules plain and simple.
Idk. Some people are just outright bad to the bone and threaten others. They deserve a lifetime ban I believe. I understand what 420 are saying and I am glad the amnesty benefits people who honestly want to learn from and contribute to the community.
Yes, I understand some things people said will not be forgiven. And they can and will ban again those that do not behave. I am banned from instagram and I swear I do not remember even ever using it, lol.

Sorry no. They got banned for a reason. Deal with each case on its merit or fault, but that would be a lot of work. So no, if you're banned, you're out.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas 🎄

Weed like to thank everyone for participating in our amnesty poll and providing so many perspectives.

After more than 6000 views and six pages of feedback, the vote has pretty much stayed at or around 60% for granting general amnesty.

I have a feeling that some people who voted no, may have not digested the whole thread and may have assumed weed give a "general" amnesty, as described in our poll question. That was my fault and I apologize, didn't realize the implications of the wording until it was too late. For the record, weed never give a "general" amnesty to everyone, as some of the offenses were way too brutal and banning was well deserved. Things like threats of violence, exposing someone to law enforcement, mass spamming or repeated aggressive trolling will not be grounds for amnesty.

However, there were a lot of people caught up in drama that wasn't that bad, and weed like to give second chances to some of those people. For instance, if someone cheated in a contest and when we caught them and advised them, they got upset and left the site, being dramatic, calling us liars and trying to take people with them on their way out. Or if one of their friends got banned, so in the heat of the moment, they they stuck up for them, calling us names and again trying to take people with them to other sites. There are many reasons we've banned in the past, and not all of them have been that terrible.

Since the poll was won fair and square, we will assess each situation on a case by case basis.

Please reach out to us at support@420magazine.com if you would like to be considered for reinstatement.

We've already had one member reach out and get his account reinstated from 2014.

A great feeling for us both, let's keep the good vibes moving forward.

Sending everyone lots of love and positive energy through the universe :Namaste:

Weed like to thank everyone for participating in our amnesty poll and providing so many perspectives.

After more than 5000 views and six pages of feedback, the vote has pretty much stayed at or around 60% for granting general amnesty.

I have a feeling that some people who voted no, may have not digested the whole thread and may have assumed weed give a "general" amnesty, as described in our poll question. That was my fault and I apologize, didn't realize the implications of the wording until it was too late. For the record, weed never give a "general" amnesty to everyone, as some of the offenses were way too brutal and banning was well deserved. Things like threats of violence, exposing someone to law enforcement, mass spamming or repeated aggressive trolling will not be grounds for amnesty.

However, there were a lot of people caught up in drama that wasn't that bad, and weed like to give second chances to some of those people. For instance, if someone cheated in a contest and when we caught them and advised them, they got upset and left the site, being dramatic, calling us liars and trying to take people with them on their way out. Or if one of their friends got banned, so in the heat of the moment, they they stuck up for them, calling us names and again trying to take people with them to other sites. There are many reasons we've banned in the past, and not all of them have been that terrible.

Since the poll was won fair and square, we will assess each situation on a case by case basis.

Please reach out to us at support@420magazine.com if you would like to be considered for reinstatement.

We've already had one member reach out and get his account reinstated from 2014.

Sending everyone lots of love and positive energy through the universe :Namaste:
Redemption is powerful.. Forgiveness is the cosmic vibe you want to put forth

After more than 5000 views and six pages of feedback, the vote has pretty much stayed at or around 60% for granting general amnesty.

Amazing post Rob. :thanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom