Should 420 Magazine Offer A General Amnesty To Suspended Accounts?

Should 420 Magazine Offer A General Amnesty To Suspended Accounts?

• Yes

Votes: 89 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 58 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The negativity started when “thenamethatmustnotbementioned” was mentioned. But yea, I do apologize if I may have come off a bit strong.
Ha! It's all good. There are some strong feelings on both sides it seems and as long as we keep it civil like we do elsewhere on the site, there's room for lots of opinions.

Another reason why we don't discuss politics, I guess. :rolleyes:

:Namaste:

Honestly I left when sweetsue
was forced out...this is the first time back and only cause I got an Email about this poll

For the record, SweetSue was never banned, she left on her own after a disagreement over the legal agreement she signed with us to not join other competing cannabis sites. After joining our staff, getting access to the back forums and going through training, she quit saying that the cannabis news she was hired to post for us, was upsetting her too much. She then started working for a competing cannabis site posting blogs, then came here posting links to her work on the other site, even spreading the word that she was making her own cannabis website. When I advised her this was against our guidelines and legal non compete agreement, she left and took a bunch of people with her. I've called her several times apologizing for the unfortunate situation and asking her if there is anything we can do to make things right. She only replied to me once saying that I hurt a lot of people. I THINK I've done what I can with her, the rest is up to her.

this thread is the worst of 420 mag..

Please avoid getting into the names who were banned, we don't want to turn this into a case by case discussion :thanks:
Understood🫱🏾‍🫲🏻.
Thank you for the transparency on a situation that I’m sure many were wondering about.

For the record, SweetSue was never banned, she left on her own after a disagreement over the legal agreement she signed with us to not join other competing cannabis sites. After joining our staff, getting access to the back forums and going through training, she quit saying that the cannabis news she was hired to post for us, was upsetting her too much. She then started working for a competing cannabis site posting blogs, then came here posting links to her work on the other site, even spreading the word that she was making her own cannabis website. When I advised her this was against our guidelines and legal non compete agreement, she left and took a bunch of people with her. I've called her several times apologizing for the unfortunate situation and asking her if there is anything we can do to make things right. She only replied to me once saying that I hurt a lot of people. I THINK I've done what I can with her, the rest is up to her.

wow i would have kicked her ass out too , for posting links and competing against you.. back stabber...

Mr Rob why would you want to let that back in?

wow i would have kicked her ass out too , for posting links and competing against you.. back stabber...

Mr Rob why would you want to let that back in?
For many of the reasons I posted on page one, and we're all guilty of making poor decisions.

Egos often keep people from apologizing or forgiving.

I'd rather live an ego free life, apologizing when I'm wrong and embracing forgiveness for mutual mental health.

just like twitter i spose,, smells like twits indeed

Reactions: 013
Interesting thread. Some excellent points. Lots of sides to this issue.

If there’s anyone who pushed the limits, intentionally or otherwise, about as far as they can be without getting booted (right Rob? Lmao), it’s me.

This decision comes down to this for me:

Who are we, and who do we want to be?

Do we want to be the kind of people who reflect the qualities of forgiveness, giving second chances, and believing in our fellow man’s ability to learn, and adapt, and improve?

Or do we want to be the kind of folks who say “you screwed up and you will always be a screwup, because you are incapable of learning.

If I were to believe in the second I suspect I’d still be in jail.

I choose forgiveness and second chances. I’ve been given a million in my life, many of which were not deserved.

Just give the comeback kids a short leash Rob.

My two cents.

Kill the thread and get your Men In Black pen out, flash it at us. None of this happened 😂

I'm with Aladdin Sane on this one! :thumb: (JK again)
Didn't you used to be Ziggy Stardust before they threw you off here?

We don't really like to align with system terminology and the fear mongering mentality of probation, however you can rest assured that whenever anyone is allowed back after a ban, we keep an eye on them from a distance to make sure the reacclimation goes smoothly. We really do go above and beyond the call of duty to make this place amazing for you all, you just don't see it because it's all done in the back so you can focus on teaching, learning, sharing and connecting. It's a thankless job, but we didn't get into this for thanks, we did it to change minds and change laws.

How do suspensions work? Can an excommunicated just use another email and generate their own 2nd chance? 🤔

Some people do this, something we can't always control.

We can sometimes look the other way, if they act accordingly moving forward.

Depends on the situation, everything and everyone is on a case by case basis.

I guess I would want to know what they did to get banned in the first place. I visit a few times a week. Some names are familiar to me. Others might appear on a 10 year old topic. Those names are not seen anymore. Could be many reasons for this.
Things are not always as they seem, not everyone who isn't here anymore was banned.

This is an interesting read

Everyone will be expected to comply with the same guidelines and we won't just open the floodgates without speaking with each member to confirm they will comply with our guidelines moving forward.

If they violate the guidelines again, they can be shown the door again as well.

Yes, all members usually get three strikes before they're out. Unless it's REALLY bad.

If you all approve, amnesty will be given on a case by case basis, some just went too far.

We have multiple reasons for offering the amnesty, I'll name a few that come to mind now and more later.

Elon Musk started it by leading by example and showing us a perspective we had never considered.

We believe in forgiveness and letting bygones be bygones, leaving negative energy in the past.

We believe anyone can learn, change, adapt and evolve, just like ourselves.

For thirty years we've been bringing people together from all over the world, we don't want to separate them.

We’ve been trying to relax our guidelines over time and are presently a lot more tolerant. We lost people early for things that are allowed today. For example, back in the day any mention of using USPS for seeds was a banning offense. The government used to be quite uptight about this and penalties were harsh.

Sometimes a member can passive aggressively troll someone to the point of snapping, then the snapper gets banned. Meanwhile the other member runs off into the corner chuckling victory while playing the victim. We're not social workers, psychologists or parents, we are cannabis activists running a legitimate business and mission to change international laws. So although we've tried our best to do the right thing everywhere we can, it's just isn't always possible, with the budget, tools, resources and experience we have.

The embarrassing truth inspiring a lot of this for me personally, stems from the fact that I recently got diagnosed with OCD, ADHD & Asperger's. This has been extremely eye opening, humbling and life changing for me, evolving my perspectives and bringing to surface numerous revelations that have me reassessing everything.

Looking back, I feel my mental disorders got in the way of handling some of the situations with much less patience than I would have liked and feel just terrible that it got so out of hand. The stress on all of us was immeasurable. I've learned that when someone verbally attacks a person with autism, it can cause a "meltdown" from stress and "sensory overload", and the natural response is to push those people away. Being in a position of power, that was easy for me to do.

I was bullied as a kid, so I guess I developed a protective nature to avoid that happening to our members. Being plagued with broken social skills, made it even more challenging to analyze and resolve some situations properly.

I'm not saying being autistic is an excuse for my behaviour, I'm just saying that autism is what contributed to it. I feel if I was not plagued with this curse/gift, and had thicker skin, I could have handled some of these situations a lot better. The experience has been traumatic for many of us and I'd really like to make amends where possible and clear any stagnant energy from the past. I know some people are incapable of forgiveness and will tell us to get lost, however I also know there are some who miss being with their friends here, as well as members here missing some who flew the coop.

We just want to do the right thing and resolve any situations where we could have done better.

:Namaste:
:thanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom