Should I defoliate at day 14?

Abyss

On this grow I've decided to try at major defoliation during flower. I defoliated at day 7 took just about every fan leaf off.
They have bounced back faster then I thought they would and I'm thinking it might be time to pluck more fan leaves as it's filling in fast and starting to block a lot of light from bud zones.
Looking for experienced thoughts.
Here they are last week after defoliation.
20190311_111817.jpg

And 7 days later at day 14 they look like this
20190316_124231.jpg

I'd let them go until they stop stretching, perhaps another week or so. Then I'd just trim off any leaves that shade the bud sites weekly until about two weeks before harvest.

Yea that's what I'm leaning towards. I know most that defoliate don't do any until week 3 but I have 6 plants jammed in a 4 x 4 and I had to do it at week 1 they had a vary thick canopy.
I'm pretty confident by defoliating a week 1 I brought up a lot more cola sites and bud sites.

I think the same :

Proof of it

I added the net on flip.
I defoliated several times during flowering and it never prevent them from stretching.

Healthy plants can be defoliated without worry IMO and from what I ve seen in my garden during my two previous grows

I forgot to insist on the fact the plants must be in perfect health to be defoliated. Also I think the reason why lots of people defoliated at flip then 3 weeks later is because commercial growers can't spend many days defoliating each plant leaf by leaf. So they have have ended choosing to remove leaves at day 1 and day 21 to make it simpler. But I believe doing it a couple by a couple isn't less efficient

I'm no pro but got about 25 plants under my belt in the last 8 months. So far I have been doing defoliation when I flip to 12/12 and another at day 21 of flower. That initial defoliate right before flower is good because like you said it seems to send up a lot more bud sites. I also recently started to "lollipop" my larger plants that are in 5 gal buckets and have huge Canopy.

But after that 3rd week of flower I do not touch the plants at all period. Once they stop stretching and are focused on bud growth don't do anything to slow that down. Someone on this forum told me something along the lines of in veg plants adapt and in flower plants react...so trim carefully

Back
Top Bottom