Should I flip her now? Medical Mass - Soil - Space Bucket Grow

deptrai

In day 28, she is 7.5" tall and bushy as fuck.
day_2811.JPG

From Royal Queen website: "This strain of medical marijuana is a good choice for most growers, no matter whether they are working with a tightly controlled indoor grow room or an outdoor growing setup. Its relatively short growth habit (from 0.6 meters up to about a meter in height) makes it a very manageable plant for indoor growers that don't have a lot of space to devote to a large grow room, and its indoor yield is well within the 500-550 grams per square meter range. Plants that are grown outdoors can reach from between a meter up to around a meter and a half, and yield about 500-550 grams per plant dried. No matter how it's grown, this plant offers a good yield in a small space.

This strain has a fairly short flowering time of between 7 to 8 weeks, and can be harvested outdoors around the end of September."
Should I flip her now? I've been on the 18/6 cycle. At 7.5" tall, she is 11" under the bottom of my UFO LED. I have one more bucket segment I can (and will at some point) insert that will give me an additional 4" of height.

What Strain is it? Medical Mass (Royal Queen Seeds)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 40% Sativa, 60% Indiaca
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 28 days
Indoor
Soil. FF Ocean Forest w/ 20% perlite
If Soil... What Size Pot? 3-gallon SmartPot
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 180 (109 actual) LED UFO, + 26 W LED strip lights
Is it Air Cooled? Yes.
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? ~ 70F
RH of Room/Cabinet? 35 — 45%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6 — 6.5
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? Every 4-5 days now.
Size or Square Footage of Room? 6-gallon stacked bucket segments

can you LST it to keep it low and let it go alittle longer it will help with more bud sights and help with height issue's,?? all I do is attach a pipe cleaner or small rope to the bottom of the stem and tie it down in one direction then near the top tie it over the other direction and after a day or so it will be bent over at a 90% angle exposing her to much more light and all sorts of branching / bud sites occur then fem/top to create more of a bush / tops ,,how close can you get that led to the plants and not have issue's or diminish the light spread???you can also use a couple cfl/s too, wish you had some more height to work with ...just a couple cents worth :thumb:

Don't think I can LST because the fan leaves are already hitting the sides on the bucket and folding over on themselves. I don't know how close the LED can get before causing harm. If I were to put any CFL's in they would just block the LED.

I'm thinking of flipping it and raising the light the last 4" soon...maybe at the next watering, which should be another 4 days or so.

You want to transplant that into something that will allow adequate airflow to the base of the plant. If not you can get rot and kill the plant. Inside a walled space like that can cause a number of problems.

:goodluck:

Wish I could, but it's a Space Bucket grow. It is what it is (3 gallon SmartPot) and I can not transplant. Maybe next time I'll move up to a proper grow tent.

Flipped and watered today. Inserted another 4" bucket segment yesterday.
This weekend I'm installing a 4" Ventech fan and DIY carbon filter.
day_3010.JPG

day_30_bucket_base.JPG

All the space buckets ive seen had pc fans for intake and exhaust. One on the side at plant level and one on the lid to exhaust heat. Im building one right now to house a dwc auto til my tent is empty. May be a cheaper alternative to a 4 inch fan. Got 2 95 cfm fans for like $5 at the big online retailer.
I have four top rings and will add more as needed to adapt to height.

My Space Bucket does have both intake & exhaust PC fans. These fans were not nearly strong enough to pull air through my DIY carbon filter, so I had to get the more powerful 4" Ventech with variable speed controller.

I have 3 top rings (in addition to base bucket) and think I will need one more.
Day 32:
day_3210.JPG

I never seen or heard anything about space bucket grows looks crazy. Imo leave that up to the astronauts you not growing on the moon or in space sure it gets you high but idk about space high hah. Gotta admit though plants looking good it in though. GL hope it works out for you and very interesting type of grow.:Namaste:

I never seen or heard anything about space bucket grows looks crazy. Imo leave that up to the astronauts you not growing on the moon or in space sure it gets you high but idk about space high hah. Gotta admit though plants looking good it in though. GL hope it works out for you and very interesting type of grow.:Namaste:

I just found out about space buckets about 6 months ago and i gotta say they are pretty cool for people with very little room to grow and who want to stay low budget. If you google them you can see that some people get veey technical with SB designs, digital controls, cooling and exhaust. Some of them look pretty damn cool too. I use mine as a temporary veg center during the last few weeks of my tent beig used for flower. I modify it by cutting a hole in the bottom of my top-half/light end and sit it on top of a 5 gallon dwc bucket. Then when my tent opens i can move the dwc right in and viola! A half ass perpetual grow lol

Back
Top Bottom